• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No More Heroes CRT III - FINAL BOUT - All-Out Galactic War!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright, it's finally here, Travis Touchdown's final adventure (maybe) is out and for the record, I think it's pretty good. But that's not what we're here for, it's time for some upgrades!

Obviously, spoilers for No More Heroes III here.

Stats​

Attack Potency​

This is quite the big jump considering the characters are 8-B as of TSA, but I believe there is good evidence for an "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B" rating:
  • Ice Shaver: "His ice cannons are powerful enough to destroy entire planets!"
  • Space Peacock: "If he wraps us up and fires his beam, the whole planet is toast!"
  • Not only that, but Space Peacock's size is a planetary feat in itself. "Spread out fully, his wingspan is enough to envelope the Earth!". And sure enough, Travis can not only hurt him, but even slice him in half and destroy him with an explosion. I tried to calculate its GBE but due to its weird shape any lowball method I tried got really low, but it should be fairly evident. It's worth mentioning these guys are weaker than the main bosses, the Galactic Superhero Association, I can get into the scaling if necessary but it is fairly straightforward.
  • Any of the members of FU's Galactic Superhero Association are be able to destroy the planet.
  • FU destroyed Mr. Blackhole and Sonic Juice's planets off-screen.
There's a few more, vague ones, but I won't waste your time with those since I think this is enough. Easy 5-B, right? Well, not quite. If you look at the last bullet point's feats, they say FU destroyed that planet but at least in the first case, it was clearly a surface-wiping feat.

Either way, the point here is that it's possible "destroying the planet" is used in this game as shorthand for "surface wiping". The other feats have very straightforward 5-B wording on their own, which is why I think possibly 5-B fits here- there's no real way to tell if the "surface wiping" meaning of "planet destruction" applies to those feats as well considering the context is very dfiferent, which is why I think "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B" is the best rating.

Also, compared to Mr. Blackhole, Sonic Juice's case is a bit weirder, there is little visible ground and you can see an entire galaxy behind SJ despite it being day, the fish are flying in the sky, and you can even see the edge of it, it's really weird and abstract and it might be a legit 5-B feat on its own, I'm not arguing anything specific with this I just want to show that it's not a very straightforward thing.

Since the space minibosses are below Mr. Blackhole almost everyone scales to this, here's a more detailed scaling chain I put together. Fun fact, Notorious doesn't scale to this physically, he actually has zero physical feats in this game, his Akashic Cannon is what scales.

Well, hopefully this all makes sense, I'm moving on.

Oh, also, the fodder has a 9-A feat.

Speed​

The "Fullface" enemy is where the speed feats come from. "The helmet prevents him from freezing his own face off when drawing at the speed of light!", which is literally as straighforward as it gets. Also, he's called a "Superliminal sword master" in the same info screen, which not only makes it clearer that it's not hyperbole, but possibly implies the enemy is FTL instead of SoL. That part doesn't really matter though, this enemy is as fodder as it gets, not only can Travis fight off multiple of them at a time, but the bosses he'll end up facing are canonically way more powerful and skilled. Hell, even among the enemies, Fullfaces are in the lower tiers, there's ones that are clearly marked as stronger through having a health bar and Fullfaces don't have one. So, basically every named character upscales to FTL.

I understand some might still be a bit wary of that statement as hyperbole, but keep in mind that Travis' Sub-Relativistic+ feat comes from the rank #7 fight of the first game, not even halfway through it. He's had 13 years to get stronger and faster since then which is something that is even brought up at some points, I think it's very believable that he's reached FTL levels by now.

Other fodder on Fullface's level will get "Likely Relativistic+" as Fullfaces should be faster than them since their speed is explicitly pointed out while theirs isn't, but considering they're in the same class of enemy and aren't much slower in gameplay, they should still be relative to Fullfaces.

Also, Travis' Bougainvillea mode has Sub-Rel+ movement speed

Lifting Strength​

In the climax of the final boss fight, Travis ends up withstanding the weight of a huge-ass mech as his own mech pushes it out of orbit. Very straightforward feat that upgrades him to Class M, but who scales to this? Only FU and Damon's alien form, in my opinion, since they're the only ones who can fight an endgame Travis and resist his attempts at grabbing them- backscaling it to anyone else would be imprudent, so every other new character who has a reason for LS scaling gets "At least Class K (Fought an early-game/mid-game/late-game Travis Touchdown, who should be superior to his Travis Strikes Again self)"

Fodder has a Peak Human feat.

Range​

Planetary for the Bougainvillea

Powers and Abilities​

There's a lot of new P&A. Like, a lot. My sandbox is over 50k bytes and it's almost only P&A.

So I'm not gonna post everything here, I've heard overly long posts can break a few people's phone browsers and this one's getting kinda big already. So, here's that sandbox with a list of every single planned P&A for all NMH characters (plus some notes I took while rewatching, feel free to ignore those). It's a lot, but I'd appreciate if people were to look through it, give me their thoughts and all. Or you can just give me a blind FRA that makes my job easier.

Agreed, most of this is blatant as **** and basically straight up told to you.

oh also travis' ghost-seeing part of his esp should be removed, the ghost was willingly showing himself.

It is but tbh, this isn't the kinda verse that really cares for internal consistency or stuff like that. I'd have been a little more suspicious of it but it is consistent within the game.

Definitely agree, and for consistency on sub-Rela to Rela pre NMH3 Travis

Charlie McD and his cheerleaders somehow flying into space in 1 frame, would be relativistic eyeballing it

Oh, that should be easy to calc, and might end up actually really good depending how many frames NMH2 runs at and if it actually was just one frame.

Wow alright I miss this. Luckily I’m here to give thoughts

Attack Potency​

This is quite the big jump considering the characters are 8-B as of TSA, but I believe there is good evidence for an "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B" rating:
  • Ice Shaver: "His ice cannons are powerful enough to destroy entire planets!"
  • Space Peacock: "If he wraps us up and fires his beam, the whole planet is toast!"
  • Not only that, but Space Peacock's size is a planetary feat in itself. "Spread out fully, his wingspan is enough to envelope the Earth!". And sure enough, Travis can not only hurt him, but even slice him in half and destroy him with an explosion. I tried to calculate its GBE but due to its weird shape any lowball method I tried got really low, but it should be fairly evident. It's worth mentioning these guys are weaker than the main bosses, the Galactic Superhero Association, I can get into the scaling if necessary but it is fairly straightforward.
  • Any of the members of FU's Galactic Superhero Association are be able to destroy the planet.
  • FU destroyed Mr. Blackhole and Sonic Juice's planets off-screen.
There's a few more, vague ones, but I won't waste your time with those since I think this is enough. Easy 5-B, right? Well, not quite. If you look at the last bullet point's feats, they say FU destroyed that planet but at least in the first case, it was clearly a surface-wiping feat.

Either way, the point here is that it's possible "destroying the planet" is used in this game as shorthand for "surface wiping". The other feats have very straightforward 5-B wording on their own, which is why I think possibly 5-B fits here- there's no real way to tell if the "surface wiping" meaning of "planet destruction" applies to those feats as well considering the context is very dfiferent, which is why I think "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B" is the best rating.

Also, compared to Mr. Blackhole, Sonic Juice's case is a bit weirder, there is little visible ground and you can see an entire galaxy behind SJ despite it being day, the fish are flying in the sky, and you can even see the edge of it, it's really weird and abstract and it might be a legit 5-B feat on its own, I'm not arguing anything specific with this I just want to show that it's not a very straightforward thing.

Since the space minibosses are below Mr. Blackhole almost everyone scales to this, here's a more detailed scaling chain I put together. Fun fact, Notorious doesn't scale to this physically, he actually has zero physical feats in this game, his Akashic Cannon is what scales.

Well, hopefully this all makes sense, I'm moving on.
Yeah all of this is pretty straight forward, however instead of possible I would change it to likely as there more statements about destroying planets than surface wiping bits that me lol.

also why you doing my favorite character in the game dirty?

9-A feat also looks good.

The "Fullface" enemy is where the speed feats come from. "The helmet prevents him from freezing his own face off when drawing at the speed of light!", which is literally as straighforward as it gets. Also, he's called a "Superliminal sword master" in the same info screen, which not only makes it clearer that it's not hyperbole, but possibly implies the enemy is FTL instead of SoL. That part doesn't really matter though, this enemy is as fodder as it gets, not only can Travis fight off multiple of them at a time, but the bosses he'll end up facing are canonically way more powerful and skilled. Hell, even among the enemies, Fullfaces are in the lower tiers, there's ones that are clearly marked as stronger through having a health bar and Fullfaces don't have one. So, basically every named character upscales to FTL.

I understand some might still be a bit wary of that statement as hyperbole, but keep in mind that Travis' Sub-Relativistic+ feat comes from the rank #7 fight of the first game, not even halfway through it. He's had 13 years to get stronger and faster since then which is something that is even brought up at some points, I think it's very believable that he's reached FTL levels by now.

Other fodder on Fullface's level will get "Likely Relativistic+" as Fullfaces should be faster than them since their speed is explicitly pointed out while theirs isn't, but considering they're in the same class of enemy and aren't much slower in gameplay, they should still be relative to Fullfaces.

Also, Travis' Bougainvillea mode has Sub-Rel+ movement speed

Yeah called it lol. Not much to agrue about this as it’s pretty blatant FTL. Surprise tho that’s there MFTL shit tho, but gonna replay the game to check. Also Bougainville mode is sub rel+ which is sick

Lifting Strength​

In the climax of the final boss fight, Travis ends up withstanding the weight of a huge-ass mech as his own mech pushes it out of orbit. Very straightforward feat that upgrades him to Class M, but who scales to this? Only FU and Damon's alien form, in my opinion, since they're the only ones who can fight an endgame Travis and resist his attempts at grabbing them- backscaling it to anyone else would be imprudent, so every other new character who has a reason for LS scaling gets "At least Class K (Fought an early-game/mid-game/late-game Travis Touchdown, who should be superior to his Travis Strikes Again self)"

Fodder has a Peak Human feat.

Range​

Planetary for the Bougainvillea
Lifting strength is the one thing I’m disappointed in. Not that the calc is inaccurate, but that it’s only class M. But you win some lose some. However planetary range Travis is nice

Powers and Abilities​

There's a lot of new P&A. Like, a lot. My sandbox is over 50k bytes and it's almost only P&A.

So I'm not gonna post everything here, I've heard overly long posts can break a few people's phone browsers and this one's getting kinda big already. So, here's that sandbox with a list of every single planned P&A for all NMH characters (plus some notes I took while rewatching, feel free to ignore those). It's a lot, but I'd appreciate if people were to look through it, give me their thoughts and all. Or you can just give me a blind FRA that makes my job easier.
power and abilities are also good as well.

Yeah great shit Armor can’t wait to do matches where Travis gets stomped

Overall everything here is good, and like the last few NMH threads if nobody objects to the upgrades this can be added in a day or few.

but scale Notorious to shit

There's like, one possibility for a FTL+/MFTL feat by comparing the multi-stab attack to a slash from Fullface since the latter has a stated speed but that'd scale to only that one attack and Henry's own version of it, besides that I don't think there's much. Could be wrong tho ofc.

Also slow down its gonna take me like a half month just to make the profiles

(Also I'm neutral on possibly/likely so I wanted to play it safe)

I would say possibly if it were one statement about planet busting. But since a lot go “entire planet gets blown up lol” I feel like it’s better if it’s likely.

Does anyone else have feelings about this? Personally I don't really have any strong opinions on likely/possibly

Tbh, I think some of the statements arent 5-B and so "possibly" would be false, it does seem to be high 6-A stuff it's talking about.

But, we get actual 5-B statements that pretty obviously seem to be talking about actual planet busting and not wiping.

So I'm fine with 5-B tbh given that seems to be what the game and lore is running with for a few of the statements, but the high 6-A statements would still be high 6-A at the end of the day and shouldn't be implied higher than they really are.

Assuming that's what you're asking anyway.
̶c̶a̶l̶c̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶c̶o̶c̶k̶'̶s̶ ̶K̶E̶.̶

Nah I wanna keep High 6-A, the fact that there is precedent for "planet destruction" actually being surface busting means I'd rather play it safe since for all we know every other 5-B statement is also High 6-A, this is mostly on the subject of which one is preferred between possibly/likely.

it doesn't tackle anything

Likely.
Mostly because who the **** words surface wiping as "entire planets".

the same man that makes you beat the final chapter of his game 100 times just to get to a joke ending

But yeah likely it is, unless someone else opposes it which I doubt

TSA supports this stuff with consistency and some stuff in 1 and 2 should as well that most gloss over. Tier 8 is silly to begin with

Most are fine.

And inb4 "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B" is a really good catch-all safe haven to end all possible future hussles.

people seem to prefer "likely", honestly i think i'd rather go with that for now. either way besides that incredibly minor issue i think i can consider this crt concluded? i've got another one to upload before i start making profiles

Also I wanted to ask here since it has a little more traction than the suda51/nmh discussion thread but what color do you think fits NMH3? Cause for the NMH verse page I did this thing where all characters from a game have the same primary color as background and I don't really know what might fit this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back