• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NLF Power Mimicry?

...it is literally shown, he can use like, all energies from the universe lol
I'm not denying that he received new abilities. You do need to consider the part that you didn't quote as well in order to properly account for the context.

He technically received power from God and assumed a new form through that. That makes me inclined to think that he was stronger than before even without copying Saitama especially since stuff like the Gamma Ray Burst wasn't copied from Saitama

He technically received power from God and assumed a new form through that. That makes me inclined to think that he was stronger than before even without copying Saitama especially since stuff like the Gamma Ray Burst wasn't copied from Saitama unless we want to assume that everything Garou received were new abilities.

I mean, yeah he didn’t copy Saitama for that. He copied the GRB. I don’t get this point.

I mean, yeah he didn’t copy Saitama for that. He copied the GRB. I don’t get this point.
Receiving power would technically imply that he got stronger. Garou gaining a new form and martial arts would also support that he is generally stronger than before. Blast wondering what it would have been like if Garou was fully imparted with power from God also indicates that this made Garou stronger. The GRB is something that he presumably had access from the moment he entered that form based on his knowledge of the flow of all energy in the universe.

It could mean he got stronger through the enhanced power mimicry and the only reason the GRB scales to his physical stats is cause he tanked being in the epicentre of it.

That said Garou’s cosmic radiation thing was unintentional and it was said he was channeling the same divine energy as Homeless Emperor so yeah my previous point was a bit weird.

It could mean he got stronger through the enhanced power mimicry and the only reason the GRB scales to his physical stats is cause he was not phased by being in the centre of it.
Garou would technically have had access to GRB from the moment he gained his new form since that isn't dependent on Saitama.

“ Garou can copy speed and strength, the NLF comes in when people say Garou can copy speed and strength that can one shot him.”

Lmao.

cae71cb9-f9c9-4afe-9338-a871280f4131

The imgur post is dumb lol. It’s a feat for Saitama; that he can grow in power faster than Garou can copy the power he’s already displayed.

Also the time travel limitation isn’t relevant to anything previously talked about lmao.

Last edited:
The imgur post is dumb lol. It’s a feat for Saitama; that he can grow in power faster than Garou can copy the power he’s already displayed.

Also the time travel limitation isn’t relevant to anything previously talked about lmao.
Feels like y'all may be talking past each other.

It can both be true that his copying has a limit, and that he can copy people who can one-shot him. That could still mean that he can't copy, say, someone with 3e200 joules of AP.

If your argument is that his copying strength occurs at a certain rate, which is slower than Saitama's, then that'd still present issues for fighting arbitrarily strong characters.

Feels like y'all may be talking past each other.

It can both be true that his copying has a limit, and that he can copy people who can one-shot him. That could still mean that he can't copy, say, someone with 3e200 joules of AP.

If your argument is that his copying strength occurs at a certain rate, which is slower than Saitama's, then that'd still present issues for fighting arbitrarily strong characters.

I mean the original point me and Bern o objected to was the “he cannot copy strengths that can one shot him” and if you look at the graph he obviously can so none of these really matter.

I will say, however, that I believe the limitation Garou is presented as having is less that he can’t copy a stronger opponent, or that he he copies power at a continual rate and more that whenever he tries to copy something it takes a set amount of time for him to do so, by which time Saitama is already much stronger. This fits with the graph presented having the x coordinates be time, the y coordinates be power level and the curve Garou follows being exponential but much less steep than Saitama’s.

That’s only my interpretation though, and isn’t really necessary to prove that Garou can copy strengths capable of one shotting him.

I mean the original point me and Bern o objected to was the “he cannot copy strengths that can one shot him” and if you look at the graph he obviously can so none of these really matter.
❌❌❌

Eh.. wrong.

prove the graph implied that Saitama could one shot him with each increase in power

Garou could take his stronger punches albeit kept cracking so obviously Saitama’s strength wasn’t large enough to one shot him but large enough to hurt him. When Saitama reached an even higher level that Garou could not measure up to. Well… I’ll let you think about what happens next.

The problem is not Garou's copy, but Saitama's growth.

Let's supose Saitama's full power is 100. Garou copies it and has now a strength of 100. Then Saitama instantly becomes stronger and his power is of 1000 (don't take the numbers as a multiplier which is or May by any mean be accepted, just as an example to understand the difference). Garou copies the power of 1000, then Saitama's power instantly increases to 100000. Garou copies the power of 100000, then Saitama's power instantly increases to 1000000000. The gap is becoming higher and higher, so eventually the Gap'll be so high Garou'll be one-shotted before he could copy such power. That's what the graphic means:

You can perfectly watch that every time Garou copies Saitama's power, the curve of Saitama's power increases: he's becoming far stronger in far less time

Don't even try to argue that what I said means Garou can copy strength of a Googol of Joules, please. I clearly didn't mean that and you know it

The problem is not Garou's copy, but Saitama's growth.

Let's supose Saitama's full power is 100. Garou copies it and has now a strength of 100. Then Saitama instantly becomes stronger and his power is of 1000 (don't take the numbers as a multiplier which is or May by any mean be accepted, just as an example to understand the difference). Garou copies the power of 1000, then Saitama's power instantly increases to 100000. Garou copies the power of 100000, then Saitama's power instantly increases to 1000000000. The gap is becoming higher and higher, so eventually the Gap'll be so high Garou'll be one-shotted before he could copy such power. That's what the graphic means:

You can perfectly watch that every time Garou copies Saitama's power, the curve of Saitama's power increases: he's becoming far stronger in far less time

Don't even try to argue that what I said means Garou can copy strength of a Googol of Joules, please. I clearly didn't mean that and you know it

Yeah all that is true

however

How does that contradict anything? Garou just stopped trying to copy Saitama's power because if he continued Saitama'll eventually just kill him

So he tried to let him be at the space alone and come back to Earth.

Yeah all that is true

however
This doesn't contradict anything. Garou can indeed copy power that can one shot him but the instant he copies the specific level saitama was at, saitama just grows exponentially stronger in the same instant. He couldn't keep up and came to understand that eventually one of the attacks would instantly kill him so he gave up.

It’s not “measurable” cause it’s arbitrarily higher than whatever Garou copies. You’re contradicting the entire gimmick of that section of the fight by unnecessarily trying to add extra shit.

Back