• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NLF Power Mimicry?

So since Garou got Power Mimicry because he can imitate strength and abilities, many say that if Garou fights other characters, his strength and other things will be imitated.

Then there is someone who argues that Power Mimicry is vulnerable to NLF because of its ability to imitate someone's strength.

I want to ask, What are the limitations of a Power Mimicry User? If someone is shown to be able to imitate AP then another opponent's AP which is bigger can be imitated as well or is it hindered by durability? There are also those who say that Power Mimicry can only imitate what is in the verse, so when you are opposed to a character outside the verse, the power of mimicry cannot be used?

Copying Saitama's AP, durability and speed isn't the same. You're telling me Garou can copy stuff like Super Saiyan Blue, Ultra Instinct Omen, Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan?

Copying Saitama's AP, durability and speed isn't the same. You're telling me Garou can copy stuff like Super Saiyan Blue, Ultra Instinct Omen, Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan?
rinnegan and sharingan requires some odd things there such as the pathway and whatever, these are really specific, also, Ultra Instinct isnt based on genetic bruh, it is literally said to be a technique, and Garou already have things similar to the Ultra Instinct, so there is nothing really stopping him

Last edited:
So since Garou got Power Mimicry because he can imitate strength and abilities, many say that if Garou fights other characters, his strength and other things will be imitated.
If it's physical AP/durability/speed, then yeah. For example, many Pokémon can do that here.
Then there is someone who argues that Power Mimicry is vulnerable to NLF because of its ability to imitate someone's strength.
Yeah, it's vulnerable to nlf. You only need to evaluate the character in question. As someone said, it's purely genetic mimicry so Garou should be able to copy most of those genetics based(not supernatural/magical) powers
I want to ask, What are the limitations of a Power Mimicry User?
Depends on the verse. Some can copy your powers by fashioning the same powers as yours but in their own way. Say, a character can copy Kamehameha but uses Chakra to fuel it for example
If someone is shown to be able to imitate AP then another opponent's AP which is bigger can be imitated as well or is it hindered by durability?
Garou can copy most genetics based powers, unless they have some sort of resistances to power mimicry
There are also those who say that Power Mimicry can only imitate what is in the verse, so when you are opposed to a character outside the verse, the power of mimicry cannot be used?
It can. But it depends on its mechanics. Some are very verse specific, others are not

rinnegan and sharingan requires some odd things there such as the pathway and whatever, but Ultra Instinct isnt based on genetic bruh, it is literally said to be a technique, and Garou already have things similar to the Ultra Instinct, so there is nothing really stopping him
UI Omen or Completed Ul are transformations that are unique to Goku, or rather Saiyans, much like Super Saiyan Blue, they are all a multiplier boost. They multiply Goku's stats to a godly degree. Garou hasn't shown to copy stuff like that.

Saying he can is indeed NLF.

Ultra Instinct isnt a transformation, how come other species that aren't saiyans can use it + it was literally said to be not a transformation, but a technique instead
He can't copy the transformations that are accompanied by UI is what I'm saying here. Those are multipliers.
Garou can copy genetics
Hasn't shown to do or should have a limit, especially in other verses.

He can't copy the transformations that are accompanied by UI is what I'm saying here. Those are multipliers.

Hasn't shown to do or should have a limit, especially in other verses.
they literally were shown to copy and mimic other species

I want to ask, What are the limitations of a Power Mimicry User?
What they've shown. Garou is like the New Adam, so it's common that at first people'll wank him to beyond fiction++.

But nah, he can only copy what he has shown, at the very Best you can argue he can copy abilities with universal range I guess, but that's all, anything more is out of any of his capabilities. As well as abilities like CM, higher dimensional abilities, etc. Which requires specifical feats for him to copy
If someone is shown to be able to imitate AP then another opponent's AP which is bigger can be imitated as well or is it hindered by durability?
I guess that what he shows. Unless he shows that he can copy any and every strength and then Saitama somehow obtains a way to bypass such power mimicry which not implies "Saitama is too strong to Garou to copy", I'm sure Garou will have limits to his copy ability soon, so we'll be 100% sure what he can and can't copy.

And even if "copy Saitama" is too vague, the non-NLF-ish way to interpret his ability is that he can copy up to the highest tier he reached. He reach 3-B with power mimicry? Then he can copy strength up to 3-B. He reach 2-C? Then 2-C.

The NLF-ish way to interpret it (highballing it to the hell) will mean Garou can copy up to high 3-A strength, but that'll be all
There are also those who say that Power Mimicry can only imitate what is in the verse, so when you are opposed to a character outside the verse, the power of mimicry cannot be used?
Why should it be like it? I hate when people say "But power mimicry only works with powers in verse". Anyway, verse equalization in VSBW will solve that "problem"

And it's not like OPM's powers are like quirks in BNHA or abnormalities/minuses like in Medaka Box and so you can argue "But he can only copy such powers" (which would be wrong too, but I'll not enter in that), OPM's hero powers are like any power in any super hero media: they come from nowhere and people have it because plot. Imply he can only copy powers in verse because yes is limitate his power mimicry

I'm don't want to imply he can copy biological powers like Black Sperm's duplication, Phoenix Man's resurrection, Goku's Ozaru/Super Saiyan, etc. though

Yeah, it's vulnerable to nlf. You only need to evaluate the character in question. As someone said, it's purely genetic mimicry so Garou should be able to copy most of those genetics based(not supernatural/magical) powers
Character A is shown imitating a punch, we know that if we say character A can imitate a magical power, he will get nlf, but can character A get nlf for imitating a punch? like character A can only imitate a hit with a certain capacity and can't imitate a hit that is beyond its capacity
It can. But it depends on its mechanics. Some are very verse specific, others are not
So what if I want to draw a safe conclusion? Am I just going to bring the abilities that character A has imitated in the verse and not use the power of mimicry to imitate the powers of character B which is in a different verse?

So what if I want to draw a safe conclusion? Am I just going to bring the abilities that character A has imitated in the verse and not use the power of mimicry to imitate the powers of character B which is in a different verse?
I don't know exactly how we treat it tbh. What I'm 100% sure that a character cannot copy those abilties which are biological (unless character shows feats doing so); which are Conceptual, higher dimensional, or so in nature; or those which have resistance to power mimicry or a nature which makes it impossible to normally copy it (idrk any example of it, maybe Stands from Jojo's).

Idk if we asume a character can copy any ability beside those except if they're higher dimensional/out of his range, or there are more exceptions

I don't know exactly how we treat it tbh. What I'm 100% sure that a character cannot copy those abilties which are biological (unless character shows feats doing so); which are Conceptual, higher dimensional, or so in nature; or those which have resistance to power mimicry or a nature which makes it impossible to normally copy it (idrk any example of it, maybe Stands from Jojo's).

Idk if we asume a character can copy any ability beside those except if they're higher dimensional/out of his range, or there are more exceptions
So it would be safer if we just imitated what he had shown and didn't overestimate his power

Not that.

Idek what the limit of power mimicry is in versus threads, if you want the Best answer for this site you should ask a staff

But I've been in some versus threads with power mimicry users like Kars, Medaka, or similar, and there are accepted arguments of "Character copy enemies' abilities and make them better GG", so it's not like "Character A hasn't shown to copy Fire Manipulation, so obviously he can't copy it" (it only works for the few examples I said, and maybe more I don't know yet)

If it's physical AP/durability/speed, then yeah. For example, many Pokémon can do that here.

Depends on the verse. Some can copy your powers by fashioning the same powers as yours but in their own way. Say, a character can copy Kamehameha but uses Chakra to fuel it for example

Garou can copy most genetics based powers, unless they have some sort of resistances to power mimicry

So he can copy stuff like quirks too?

Ugghh... I just knew this was gonna be about garou from the title.

Its NLF to assume he can copy AP on the level of someone like goku. It should also be noted that he can only mimic energy that exists in OPM.

He also hasn't shown any feats of copying durability

Just argued with someone who says garou can also copy hax.

Ugghh... I just knew this was gonna be about garou from the title.

Its NLF to assume he can copy AP on the level of someone like goku.
Obviously
It should also be noted that he can only mimic energy that exists in OPM.
Verse equalization, plus it's not like power mimicry doesn't work with powers outside verse in versus threads
He also hasn't shown any feats of copying durability
3rd newton law say hi
Just argued with someone who says garou can also copy hax.
He can copy things which aren't physical attacks too, like portal creation

Obviously

Verse equalization, plus it's not like power mimicry doesn't work with powers outside verse in versus threads

3rd newton law say hi

He can copy things which aren't physical attacks too, like portal creation
All of you who love bringing real life physics to fiction. Glass canons exist you know? We might as well scale all character's durability to their AP or striking strength.
How does copying an ability to open portals mean he can copy hax?

All of you who love bringing real life physics to fiction. Glass canons exist you know? We might as well scale all character's durability to their AP or striking strength.
Uhm... as long as their AP is caused by punches and they withstand that force, we do, lol
How does copying an ability to open portals mean he can copy hax?
I only said he can copy more than just physical attacks, plus he copied GRB & Nuclear Fission

Ultra Instinct isnt based on genetic bruh, it is literally said to be a technique
Yeah a technique that requires god ki, so Garou can’t copy it.
UI Omen or Completed Ul are transformations that are unique to Goku, or rather Saiyans, much like Super Saiyan Blue, they are all a multiplier boost
What? No it isnt, Whis, Beerus and Merus have all used it.

Isn’t his mimicry due to understanding the “flow“ of all things in the universe. Things that dont exist in the OPM universe wont have a “flow” for Garou to understand and thus he can’t copy it. His mimicry sucks ass.

What? No it isnt, Whis, Beerus and Merus have all used it.
Not the transformations like Goku. Theirs don't act as a multiplier.
Isn’t his mimicry due to understanding the “flow“ of all things in the universe. Things that dont exist in the OPM universe wont have a “flow” for Garou to understand and thus he can’t copy it. His mimicry sucks ass.
Could be the case.

My two cents are 1)Garou probably can't copy stuff that isn't physical but to be absolutely fair aspects of Saitama's power aren't fully physical either (like when he punched a hole into Phoenix Man's realm). 2) We do scale SS to dura lol, Garou should be able to copy durability. 3)Garou could copy Blast's technology, which has interdimensional effects, so I'm pretty sure just being in the same universe is enough. Or maybe Garou can only copy that stuff after getting an idea of how it works, it depends on your interpretation, though regardless he should be able to copy the abilities of people outside his verse.

Last edited:
My two cents are 1)Garou probably can't copy stuff that isn't physical but to be absolutely fair aspects of Saitama's power aren't fully physical either (like when he punched a hole into Phoenix Man's realm).
He copied GRB, Black holes, nuclear fission and portal creation, which aren't physical
2) We do scale SS to dura lol, Garou should be able to copy durability.
Kinda
3)Garou could copy Blast's technology, which has interdimensional effects,
I don't think Blast's powers are from his technology
so I'm pretty sure just being in the same universe is enough. Or maybe Garou can only copy that stuff after getting an idea of how it works,
That's how his power mimicry always worked
it depends on your interpretation, though regardless he should be able to copy the abilities of people outside his verse.
Yeah, he copied Watchdog Man's style by repeating his moves. And, anyway, in VSBW verse equalization will solve that "problem". The Protégé also uses interdimensional power (or somrthing like that, I don't remember the exact name) to copy his enemies, yet he can use his power mimicry in versus threads

“ He copied GRB, Black holes, nuclear fission and portal creation, which aren't physical”

I really don’t want to argue semantics. People were clearly using “physical” as a descriptor of abilities that are abstract/ spiritual in nature, not physical phenomena.

“ Kinda”

Not kinda, just yes. Using it to hit someone the same size as you isn’t really the same as tanking it because a punch is gonna act on a lighter mass and therefore transfer more kinetic energy but the point remains.

“ I don't think Blast's powers are from his technology”

He’s equipped with technology when he uses them. Educated guess I suppose.

“ That's how his power mimicry always worked”

I meant “understanding it from experiencing it” to distinguish it from something he automatically understands cause of his cosmic awareness.

Last edited:
Things like combat tactics and abilities that are based on controlling natural elements or events can be copied by him to a 5-A extent.

Things like shinsoo in tower of god (which requires you to be compatible with it and being capable of controlling in in a talented way) or most pokemon abilities (which come specifically from Arceus plates) are uncopiable

It should be 4-B, not High 4-C. Garou tanked being at the epicentre of the ejecta and the GRB was explicitly stated to be the higher energy kind caused by a hypernova, with hypernovae averaging at 100 foe.

Garou can only copy that stuff after getting an idea of how it works,
People in denial because his power mimicry seems op as hell imo

Wait till Garou copies Tatsumaki psychic powers. Then at this point it's definetly not just "physical"

Back