• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NLF Power Mimicry?

If he hasn’t shown the ability to copy it, the ability to copy something similar to it or especially if its something not present in the OPM universe he shouldn’t be able to copy it.

With Ultra Instinct, assuming you don’t need God Ki as I dont know if thats legit or not, he would get the abilities it grants but he wouldn’t get AP, Speed or Durability comparable to Goku’s usage of it since nothing on that level has been shown in OPM afaik.

If he hasn’t shown the ability to copy it, the ability to copy something similar to it or especially if its a power not present in the OPM universe he shouldn’t be able to copy it.
Why? Power mimicry has worked crossverse with most characters here, why are we making an exception with Garou??

I mean it's a different case if it was verse specific, but its not. OPM doesn't have any verse specific mechanic, just random powers that can be acquired anywhere.

People in denial because his power mimicry seems op as hell imo

Wait till Garou copies Tatsumaki psychic powers. Then at this point it's definetly not just "physical"
Telekinesis is something that exists in OPM. No people doubt he can copy everything in his universe.

Why? Power mimicry has worked crossverse with most characters here, why are we making an exception with Garou??
Thats how it should be treated with every user of Power Mimicry, if you have no feats of copying Concept Manip (Type 2) or especially if your verse doesn’t have any being with Concept Manip (Type 2) you should not be able to copy it as you have no reasoning for it.

It doesn’t have to be the exact same ability but at least similar/in the same ballpark. Every ability present in the OPM universe should be on the table for Garou, tho if its on a scale massively higher then those present in OPM im a little iffy as like just cause Regeneration exists in OPM will we asusme he can copy High-Godly? A level FAR beyond anything shown in the verse.

Thats how it should be treated with every user of Power Mimicry, if you have no feats of copying Concept Manip (Type 2)
Come now, that's not what I meant
Ik CM is an entirely different thing. I'm refering to normal abilities/powers characters on the wiki use here.

It doesn’t have to be the exact same ability but at least similar/in the same ballpark.
That's what I'm saying. And Garou's powers are no different is it

Yes if its an ability of a similar ilk to something present in OPM it should be on the table to be copied, tho if its of a massive higher scale then ill probably be against it at least in regards to him copying up to that higher scale.

Like I mentioned in the last comment, Regeneration is on the table but im uncertain about going to levels beyond whats present in the verse like Low Godly to High Godly. Same with other abilities, Garou can copy Energy Manipulation similar to what we see in OPM but if its like Molecule Man who has Low 1-A Energy Manipulation that’s obviously off the table.

It should be 4-B, not High 4-C. Garou tanked being at the epicentre of the ejecta and the GRB was explicitly stated to be the higher energy kind caused by a hypernova, with hypernovae averaging at 100 foe.
Murata and one simply gave an explanation for what a GRB is. Why do y'all assume his GRB was equal to a real one

Yes if its an ability of a similar ilk to something present in OPM it should be on the table to be copied, tho if its of a massive higher scale then ill probably be against it at least in regards to him copying up to that higher scale.
So anything biological can be copied, and any psychic based powers. Within reason of course. Not anything vastly beyond. Which won't happen anyway, since he's not a smurf himself
Like I mentioned in the last comment, Regeneration is on the table but im uncertain about going to levels beyond whats present in the verse like Low Godly to High Godly.
Low Godly is physical EE, so I say no.
Same with other abilities, Garou can copy Energy Manipulation similar to what we see in OPM but if its like Molecule Man who has Low 1-A Energy Manipulation that’s obviously off the table.
How do you know OPM energy manipulation is different from anything outside. verse equalization should alleviate this anyway

Why do you keep bringing outerversal beings into this anyway.

And finally, why is power mimicry getting scrutinized once Garou came into the picture

Pokémon like Ditto can copy almost anyone outside the verse and no one complained. Smh

Would we assume he can copy abilities that require certain genetics to perform like kekkei genkai in naruto?

Would we assume he'll be able to use certain energies from different verses that require some specific training to use them like magic/ mana or nature energy?

As long as OPM doesn't have any kind of power system, assuming he can replicate anything besides physical energy that exists in OPM is seriously NLF.
We should also note that his mimicry is based on their movements. If no movement is required to use an ability do we just assume he's also able to replicate it?

Would we assume he can copy abilities that require certain genetics to perform like kekkei genkai in naruto?
He didn't have the genetics and powers of those he copied but here we are.
Would we assume he'll be able to use certain energies from different verses that require some specific training to use them like magic/ mana or nature energy?
Verse Equalization
As long as OPM doesn't have any kind of power system, assuming he can replicate anything besides physical energy that exists in OPM is seriously NLF.
But other verses being able to do so is okay? Even when it's not different from this case
We should also note that his mimicry is based on their movements.
Where's this info coming from?

Its still just a name.
There's supporting evidence. So I say yes, the writers meant what they wrote. I don't have time to get into that. You'll see it in the crt
We don't assume techniques to be something just because of the name.
An explanation on exactly what the move does and people are still on the fence. Not gonna fly, we'll see each other when the crt gets uploaded

I'd like to say that it being a GRB ≠ it being as powerful as a real one. Just because someone makes a black hole we don't instantly scale em to 4-A

Every version of Power Mimicry out there has its own context, statements or limitations. When these aren't always clear, we err on the side of caution.

We don't assume that Power Mimicry is an NLF any more than we would assume someone who has "Fire Manipulation" could manipulate the Sun.

I'd like to say that it being a GRB ≠ it being as powerful as a real one. Just because someone makes a black hole we don't instantly scale em to 4-A
Eh, I'm not a Calc guy. I'm only saying the GRB is the real thing and not just a name

He didn't have the genetics and powers of those he copied but here we are
No where was it mentioned specific genetics were needed to use the abilities he's copied already.
Verse Equalization
Verse equalization can't handle everything. For them to be equalized in the first place, the energy system needs to be similar. You won't be able to use verse equalization in E.g MHA and JJK.

But other verses being able to do so is okay? Even when it's not different from this case
I don't know any other verse that is allowed to do so. I haven't even seen any VS threads were power mimicry played any sort of role.
Do we assume sasuke can replicate magic from black clover with his sharingan?
If such verses exists then standards need to be revised.
Where's this info coming from?
From garou himself when he explained martial artist borrow power from nature by mimicking certain animals movements or posture.

Every version of Power Mimicry out there has its own context, statements or limitations. When these aren't always clear, we err on the side of caution.

We don't assume that Power Mimicry is an NLF any more than we would assume someone who has "Fire Manipulation" could manipulate the Sun.
Do you think Garou can copy Haki?

There's supporting evidence. So I say yes, the writers meant what they wrote. I don't have time to get into that. You'll see it in the crt
A real GRB should've blinded everyone, flash fried the earth or at the very least dealt tremendous damage to it, considering how fiction isn't exactly logical.
Do we assume techniques that have light in their name to be real light or move at light speed?
Could you mention me when the CRT is made?

No where was it mentioned specific genetics were needed to use the abilities he's copied already.
That's the kind he's copied so far.
Verse equalization can't handle everything. For them to be equalized in the first place, the energy system needs to be similar. You won't be able to use verse equalization in E.g MHA and JJK.
Quirks will certainly be copied. JJK is not genetics, but something else.
If such verses exists then standards need to be revised.
You can look up Pokémon
From garou himself when he explained martial artist borrow power from nature by mimicking certain animals movements or posture.
God gave him a massive amp to his powers. So you're looking at the nerfed power mimicry

Eh, I'm not a Calc guy. I'm only saying the GRB is the real thing and not just a name
Is it a real GRB? Yes. Is it as powerful as a GRB from a real star at the end of its life span? No.

A real GRB will flash fry earth with its gamma rays alone, the light would have irreparably damaged the eyes of everyone there, the earth should have collapsed into the GRB itself considering the amount of gravity a real star would produce.

A real GRB should've blinded everyone, flash fried the earth or at the very least dealt tremendous damage to it, considering how fiction isn't exactly logical.
It was fashioned into a beam and aimed at Saitama, not the Earth
Do we assume techniques that have light in their name to be real light or move at light speed?
If they're explained as such, yes
Could you mention me when the CRT is made?
Sure

Do you think Garou can copy Haki?
With full verse equalization meaning that every living person should possess the potential for Haki which would include Garou? I think it would be possible but obviously unconfirmed. Haki is tied to each person's soul/individual spirit, so although Garou would not be able to use Luffy's Haki for example, I think he would be able to tap into his own Haki and gain an equivalent level of mastery only over the Haki that he can personally access. Meaning Garou wouldn't necessarily be able to use all 3 versions of Haki because each person has different potential.

For the record I've never seen anyone in Pokemon in a vsbattles wiki copy an ability of another verse unless it's sth like fire attacks or water attacks

That's the kind he's copied so far.
He Hasn't copied any genetic specific abilities.
Quirks will certainly be copied. JJK is not genetics, but something else.
The MHA and JJK example was as a VS battle between the two of them. Verse equalization clearly won't work there. Also don't see how quirks would be copied.

You can look up Pokémon
I know practically nothing about Pokemon but sure I'll check it out.
God gave him a massive amp to his powers. So you're looking at the nerfed power mimicry

It was fashioned into a beam and aimed at Saitama, not the Earth

If they're explained as such, yes

Sure
A GRB always gives of light and gamma rays as a beam. Those rays alone should have flashed fried the earth if the energy produced was the same

Last edited:
instead of wasting your own time commenting just search up “does ui need god ki”. In which the first result will state:

“Yes Ultra Instinct needs God ki. In chapter (lol go search it up) of the manga, Vegeta and the rest of the z fighters were giving Goku there energy but it wasn't enough. It was stated that for Ultra Instinct godly ki is needed”

He Hasn't copied any genetic specific abilities.
Most of the powers he owns
The MHA and JJK example was as a VS battle between the two of them. Verse equalization clearly won't work there. Also don't see how quirks would be copied.
It will work here
I know practically nothing about Pokemon but sure I'll check it out.
Sure

So? It's not even martial arts he copies so this is irrelevant

Okay im confused. I could have swore to god he mimics abilities by knowing and recreating the ”flow” of the universe which all things have, which is why he was able to do a gamma ray burst.
That's different from copying people's powers. That's just an added bonus

So? It's not even martial arts he copies so this is irrelevant
He wasn't referring to martial arts there, he was referring to how he's imitating the flow of different energies and also mimicking movements to copy their AP. He goes on to say he's seen through saitama's moves and will eventually surpass him

So in short garou can copy genetic abilities but not magical or supernatural abilities from other verses without being shown to?

That's different from copying people's powers. That's just an added bonus
Bang recreates raging currents by using his knowledge of the “flow” to recreate this. Garou’s flow is stated to be an extension of that technique but on a far greater level as he has the knowledge of “flow” in all things in the universe.

Tell me how that literally isnt what i described, because to me it just seems like stuff exclusive to other verses can’t be copied because Garou doesnt have knowledge of its “flow”.

So in short garou can copy genetic abilities but not magical or supernatural abilities from other verses without being shown to?
things that are like natural energy such as Ki can be easily copied because it exists in OPM and already is being used by some characters, but magic? Nah, Garou can't copy magic as for now

Back