• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NLF Power Mimicry?

For Garou to mimic an ability, he needs to understand its flow.

Once he understood/obtained knowledge over the flow of all things in universe, he gained the ability to mimic all phenomena in the universe

If put in another verse, all Garou needs is to understand the "flow" of the abilties of such verse so he can use them (with the obvious exceptions I'll not bore to mention)

Saying Garou can’t copy stuff based on genetics is dumb. He can copy physical characteristics and physical events. Surprise surprise Garou didn’t have to be a star weighing above 30 solar masses to do his GRB attack.

Saying Garou can’t copy stuff based on genetics is dumb. He can copy physical characteristics and physical events. Surprise surprise Garou didn’t have to be a star weighing above 30 solar masses to do his GRB attack.
His GRB didn't output the amount of energy a normal GRB would.

How would he be able to copy genetics? This is just dumb. Copying peoples movements to mimic their physical characteristics =/= copying genetics.

So since Garou got Power Mimicry because he can imitate strength and abilities, many say that if Garou fights other characters, his strength and other things will be imitated.

Then there is someone who argues that Power Mimicry is vulnerable to NLF because of its ability to imitate someone's strength.

I want to ask, What are the limitations of a Power Mimicry User? If someone is shown to be able to imitate AP then another opponent's AP which is bigger can be imitated as well or is it hindered by durability? There are also those who say that Power Mimicry can only imitate what is in the verse, so when you are opposed to a character outside the verse, the power of mimicry cannot be used?
We usually limit these sorts of things to the highest AP value shown by that character, or to "anything below infinite". idk if we actually have a consistent standard for that.

As for what types of powers can be mimicked, it'd be anything operating under a similar enough system to what the user can mimic. This depends so much on each verse's individual context that each case would need to be discussed itself.

Yes? They are not all the staff here. This is a major upgrade that Saitama and Garou and possibly Blast will become High 4-C. Think more about it. We need more and more staff to properly evaluate this.

Yes? They are not all the staff here. This is a major upgrade that Saitama and Garou and possibly Blast will become High 4-C. Think more about it. We need more and more staff to properly evaluate this.
the OPM discussion thread have a lot of staff, and not all staff comment in CRTs, and it doesnt requires more staff than what already is present in the discussion thread, because countless mods are there, and it's not a ''MAJOR UPGRADE''

upgrade of a verse from 5-C to High 4-C is relatively large. Thing is, if it is done by a fan it feels 10x bigger. I felt beyond amazing when upgrading pokemon despite one of the upgrades being just a 4.54x AP upgrade.

Honkai Impact CRT upgrade from High 6-A to 4-B, and it last for 7 pages, despite the verse have blatant solar system statement with more scientific stuffs for its Black Hole feat, it is still need to be contested, with a verse like OPM, it is going last pretty long

Honkai Impact CRT upgrade from High 6-A to 4-B, and it last for 7 pages, despite the verse have blatant solar system statement with more scientific stuffs for its Black Hole feat, it is still need to be contested, with a verse like OPM, it is going last pretty long
well, all the staff present in the OPM discussions agreed with the ratings, and a lot of staff are present in OPM discussions

How do you know OPM energy manipulation is different from anything outside. verse equalization should alleviate this anyway
My point was more if a verse had a unique energy manip not seen in OPM I don’t know if he can copy it.
Why do you keep bringing outerversal beings into this anyway.
Just using clear but drastic examples of limits
And finally, why is power mimicry getting scrutinized once Garou came into the picture
No idea I didnt make the thread tho im asusming cause its new and being highly discussed, I know for a fact ive already seen people claiming he can beat any character by just taking their powers on other debating sites.
Pokémon like Ditto can copy almost anyone outside the verse and no one complained. Smh
Tbf the powers seen in Pokemon is fairly vast but if it or something very similar doesn’t aappear in Pokemon it shouldn’t be able to copy it.

His GRB didn't output the amount of energy a normal GRB would.

How would he be able to copy genetics? This is just dumb. Copying peoples movements to mimic their physical characteristics =/= copying genetics.

Because by copying the flow he already copies physical properties, no application of Garou’s powers before could do what he’s capable of doing now. It doesn’t even matter if the GRB is smaller, it’s still a GRB and the output was obviously higher than what he was outputting before. If it was literally ANYTHING other than than what he was physically capable of the point would still stand.

Garou did not have the powerset or physical properties which would have allowed him to create that GRB (and the black hole that caused it). Did this matter? No.

Anyway, Garou can possibly copy human genetics. The NLF comes in when people say he can copy any alien genetics comparable to the Omnitrix.

Garou can copy speed and strength, the NLF comes in when people say Garou can copy speed and strength that can one shot him.

Garou can copy transformations and abilities. The NLF comes when people say Garou can copy transformations that have a heavy drawback and be fine cuz Adaptation✨ or powers more complex than anything shown in his universe.

So on and so forth.

Aint no way yall saying you dont need a crt because it was accepted in the discussion thread of the verse 💀💀💀💀💀💀 (or am i trippin 🤨)

Aint no way yall saying you dont need a crt because it was accepted in the discussion thread of the verse 💀💀💀💀💀💀 (or am i trippin 🤨)
i'm saying that the GRB is legit High 4-C because the manga itself says that it's the strongest phenomenon in the universe and the fact that all staff there agree, at least with a possibly high 4-c

i'm saying that the GRB is legit High 4-C because the manga itself says that it's the strongest phenomenon in the universe and the fact that all staff there agree, at least with a possibly high 4-c
dawg i swear on all that is holy make a crt for ur bloody scaling when you want to instead of the discussion theead of the verse whichd literally be house to all the opm fans and supporters.

he took a punch and it totally destroyed the body

and then, cosmic garou copied the normal punches, who could destroy his past self, because he literally copied the strength of saitama's normal punch

Yeah he got destroyed with a punch..... after taking a billion punches and one punch to the face in the same chapter.

He got worn down.

That is not a One Shot. That is not a One Shot Bernkastelll.

Copying what can One Shot is NLF. Even if Garou copies Serious punch, which i highly doubt he would, there are still things trillions of times stronger than what Serious punch has shown to destroy. There is no way around NLF because with a superior speed and strength, Garou will die before he even attempts to copy.

... after taking a billion punches and one punch to the face in the same chapter.
the previous punches didnt destroyed his body, but when saitama put more strength, it did, and saitama copied a far more stronger normal punch than the one who one shotted him, yes, it's an one shot

Isn't that scan of Garou's body getting destroyed by Saitama before he received power from God? He presumably got more durable after that event.

the previous punches didnt destroyed his body, but when saitama put more strength, it did, and saitama copied a far more stronger normal punch than the one who one shotted him, yes, it's an one shot
I know the body didn’t get destroyed, I said the body was worn down. You don’t see the cracks on Garou’s body?

Isn't that scan of Garou's body getting destroyed by Saitama before he received power from God? He presumably got more durable after that event.

I’m pretty sure he only became stronger physically after copying Saitama the first time. The amp wasn’t really stated to give a general buff to physicals after all, no reason to assume it did.

Dunno if Bern is using that logic though since if they did they would have said Garou could jump tier gaps from 5-C to High 4-C (actually 4-B at least but whatever)

I’m pretty sure he only became stronger physically after copying Saitama the first time. The amp wasn’t really stated to give a general buff to physicals after all, no reason to assume it did.

Dunno if Bern is using that logic though since if they did they would have said Garou could jump tier gaps from 5-C to High 4-C (actually 4-B at least but whatever)
He technically received power from God and assumed a new form through that. That makes me inclined to think that he was stronger than before even without copying Saitama especially since stuff like the Gamma Ray Burst wasn't copied from Saitama unless we want to assume that everything Garou received were new abilities.

Back