• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nihonme! Samurai Shodown Revision Round 2

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Follow up to this thread, this time I present the revised profiles themselves and new discoveries regarding stats.

First, an update on Lifting Strength. After the previous revision I made a new Class 50 LS calc, which was also accepted. This bumps all the characters from Class 10 to 50.

Also, an AP upgrade. I recently become aware of a formula to calc vertical explosions that jettison air, and so I calced Shizuka Gozen (Samsho 2019 final boss) doing something similar, and it yielded 7-B.
This doesn't create any contradiction, since all characters already scaled to the same feat, and since there's no canon answer to who defeated her, I'd say it's safe to assume everyone could do it, since once again, nothing particular contradicts such notion, unlike other fighting games with more complex scaling.

Now, to the characters. This sandbox contains the updated versions of the profiles which currently exist on the wiki, namely Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Amakusa, Mizuki, Wan-Fu, Earthquake, Gen-an and the Warden. I'll put here a brief list of overall and specific additions.

General
  • Expanded summaries and various sections, mostly intelligence, techniques and equipment
  • Added galleries, references and fighting style descriptions
  • Rage Power to everyone. While the specifics and subtle differences in each game are clearly game mechanics, characters do always get stronger and it can't be ignored how a founding and recurring concept like the Wrath Meter is meant to be a thing in general. This also plays on the pseudo-realistic concept of emotions and adrenaline fueling the body in life-or-death situations.
  • Added Acrobatics and Martial Arts, with descriptions and examples, to everyone.
  • All characters have At least Peak Human stamina. While blatantly affected by wounds and stuff, these people are clearly meant to withstand more punishment than the average human, even just by seeing the average amount of gore they are exposed to recurrently in the series.
  • The unexplained "tens of meters" range that all outdated fighting game verses uses/d to have has been replaced by Several Meters

Haohmaru
  • Added a new key for his Warriors Rage self. Not much changes, but him being considerably older and more skilled warrants it.
  • Removed Stats Amp, Aura and Explosion Manip, they are just byproducts of Chi Manip and are uselessly redundant.
  • Added Genius Intelligence for reasons that can be directly read.
  • Added Fire Manipulation because in Samsho 64 his Tenha Fuujinzan produces flames

Nakoruru

Amakusa

Mizuki

Earthquake

Wan-Fu

Gen-an

Added Body Control via Gen-an Dappi.

Warden

Added Fire Manipulation because the boulder thrown by his catapult is aflame.

And here we are, a long-awaited revision and a more than enjoyable journey.
I didn't know much about Samsho before working on it, and I found out a very fascinating series with a splendid atmosphere and some great characters.
From here on, I'll work on refreshing the verse page and making profiles for the remaining main characters, starting with Shizuka Gozen to justify the verse's AP.

I thank all those who have beared with me so far, and Tonygameman who made some well-appreciated clean up in my sandbox.

Why, thanks for a heads-up! And yes, I also agree with this revision. (there goes a planned match between S5 Jack & WR Haoh with a original Low 7-C tier)

All changes are online!
I'll close this thread after awhile, in case someone wants to say some conclusive stuff.

Can't wait for the new profiles and no, this is not by any mean want Iroha profile, okay?
You'll have it eventually, but since she's quite low in priority.
Next are Shizuka and Genjuro.

Back