• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Samurai Shodown additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
From the depths of internet archive, hidden in plain sight (yes, I know what I said), I digged up the old official Samurai Shodown V website, which contains profiles for all characters. These are basically retellings of their prologues in the game, just with more details and a narrative imprinting.

I've already proceeded to make a blog with the respective texts and translations (via deepl). They might not be the most accurate ones (like Gaoh being repeteadly tranlated as Ganwan and such), and those like Yoshitora's could definitely use a carbon-based living being's touch, but so far they can suffice.
I will add the website and the blog to the verse page, but these are the notable abilities and notions I managed to extrapolate for the characters that currently have a file.

Haohmaru:

It took him just a gaze to realize Yoshitora's strength and talent, even perceiving a specific feeling running through his body alerting him of it.
This should warrant him either Information Analysis or Enhanced Senses, if not both.

Nakoruru:

This stems from Rera's data, but they apply to Nakoruru though. Rera is indeed an extremely important part of Nakoruru's characterization, but the reason I didn't make a profile or a separate key for her, is because she basically shares almost all of Nakoruru's traits, but most importantly merges with her completely at the end of Samsho V, giving birth to the classic Nakoruru (since SS V is the first in chronological order). Such merging will also be the basis for Nakoruru's slash and bust styles in the following games, and her double nature will be referenced a few times in Samsho 2019.
That said, Rera slays the giants bar without hesitation" unmindful of the pain and shock of having her entire body shattered".
On top of being a good stamina feat, it might qualify for Supernatural Willpower.

Jubei:

The one who gets the most out of this, with precious info provided by both his and Hanzo's profile. The latter is basically a long description of how Hanzo could never have assassinated him, despite having made the appropriate calculations, just to fail just as he himself had predicted. Even though he never meant to kill him for real, just test him, it being an impressive skill feat still stands. This is furtherly reiterated in Jubei's text, which is what gives us the best feat.
In the brief interval between blinking once and not blinking at all, Jubei reads up to 20 moves ahead and responds to every situation - that is the mind's eye that he has acquired.
This is a blatant example of Analytical Prediction, which also bolsters the Enhanced Senses he already has.

Jubei might also have some degree of Instinctive Action, since he had to forcibly pull himself back from delivering a deadly blow callled by his urge to kill, which he compares to a demon.
The Yagyu Shinkage Style's impermanent slash, with no time to consider the addition or subtraction. [...] Immediately with the left sword, he prepares to counterattack. [...] Jubei suppresses the demon within him that desires to slay him, even if it is only once, although they have crossed many death lines together. Did the demon awaken when he took the sword in his hand, or did he take the sword in his hand because he had awakened?

I'm not quite sure of this being proper IA, even were Jubei to not suppress the "demon", but it could be. At worst, I'll add it to his fighting style section.

Great, now that we also have a staff agreement, I'll apply the changes and close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back