• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
City level's been approved

Is it also worth noting they have a detection range of kilometers? Flight units don't come with sensor data rather they leave their cockpits open so the androids can rely on their own sensors.

I can make a thread soon. But I feel it's better we wait and make a general CRT, because the current pages aren't in very good shape.

I'll list my proposals here later

Guys who play replicant. Do you know who is the biggest shade you can block? Replicant doesn't have chapter select and I rather not have to run through the whole thing experimenting with every shade. I know you can block the heavy mooks with metal clubs. But what about the bigger ones? I know you can't block Louise. Unless you can parry her cuz my parry timing sucks. But what about Jack of Hearts? Hook? The giants in the Northern plains and desert temple?

Oh, and I seek permission to make a minor change to the Automata pages.

Damage Reflection (Each damage taken has a 50% chance of being dealt back to the enemy with power doubled),

To

Damage Reflection (Each damage taken has a 50% chance of being dealt back to the enemy with power doubled, counter chip grants technique to reflect up to X% back at the enemy).

X will be replaced after I find its max. The highest chip is 250% but I know you can stack them.

Question: How do things scale when a character loses control? Like, I'm using magic and going pew pew pew. Suddenly I lose control of my magic and I cause massive mayhem before I get it under control again. And the aforementioned mayhem is more destruction that he's done before. Does it scale to normal attacks/durability? Or does that count as an exception?

Guys who play replicant. Do you know who is the biggest shade you can block? Replicant doesn't have chapter select and I rather not have to run through the whole thing experimenting with every shade. I know you can block the heavy mooks with metal clubs. But what about the bigger ones? I know you can't block Louise. Unless you can parry her cuz my parry timing sucks. But what about Jack of Hearts? Hook? The giants in the Northern plains and desert temple?
Unfortunately I do not remember..
Question: How do things scale when a character loses control? Like, I'm using magic and going pew pew pew. Suddenly I lose control of my magic and I cause massive mayhem before I get it under control again. And the aforementioned mayhem is more destruction that he's done before. Does it scale to normal attacks/durability? Or does that count as an exception?
I mean it's your power so it should count? It's not like it isn't your power

Wait, wait wait. It's real?! I was there when he first posted it but I shrugged it off as being fake. I gotta wait until I get off work but I'm trying this.

To think we've been missing WHOLE ASS LORE.

And that Yoko Taro said everything about Nier Automata was already discovered what

Question: how is durability dealt with in terms of something lacking a physical form? Namely the Red Girls. They're all just manifestations. Even when you battle them, you aren't doing it on the physical planes.

So now we have a combined NieR page. Now we just need someone to do Drakengard and another person to do SinoAlice and we can do a combined Taroverse page.

Alright, I might do some other calculations to be thorough/reinforce what we already have. But I have one last revision I'd like to get everyone's opinions on before I take a crack at it (I'm sure you're all tired hearing from me and I'm ready to move on to another verse. And there is actually one matchup involving Nier that I'm curious about seeing).

And this last revision is...drumroll please...
A downgrade.
Two of them to be precise.
Grun's speed because he showed up in two locations doesn't really sit right with me since it could be inconsistency in production. I think it should be
At least Superhuman (faster than an aircraft carrier).

I'm also not a fan of the whole "flight unit went from orbit to surface in 30 seconds" bit. Too many transitions and fades can indicate passage of time. When we see 9S flying, we see Florida get very big very fast. I think that's a better measurement.

So, opinions on these before I crack at them?

Kinda random, but I think it's a bit odd how Kaine's outfit was given to 2B instead of A2, who's much more similar in character to Kaine

2b is far more popular.

but yeah i agree. it would have been nice to have an A2 outfit instead

That part always confused me. I mean, A2's the naked one compared to 2B who is more modestly dressed so the destroyer outfit makes more sense. Say what you will about her ass but you only can sneak a peek by finding a cliff and looking up.

Though I always found the customization to be rather lacking. I mean, let us mix and match. Put long hair on 2B. A2 in combat armor and a visor. All the artwork and cut stuff feature such cool designs. Whys scrap the trench coat look for the male models? Or the giant head feathers. The flight attendant operator.

Well, at least 2B doesn't crush my face for an honest mistake. Seriously. There were several moments where 2B would swat me away while I'm actually looking at stuff in the environment or when I decided to kill Engles by punching him to death. Meanwhile Kaine made me reload my last save because I was admiring the inverted city in the sky merely to have her turn around and flatten me.

It's weird how I think A2 rocks the Nier outfit better than Nier himself? A2 with the Nier outfit is how I play her by default.

Also I feel 2B would look really good with Nier outfit, especially with her visor idk.

Wait a minute, is that Lily? I'll admit that does make me a little worried about how the story's gonna be structured. Like I hope it's not just gonna be a series of shorts like Short Story Long. Otherwise, how're they gonna fit her? Flashback?

Wait a minute, is that Lily? I'll admit that does make me a little worried about how the story's gonna be structured. Like I hope it's not just gonna be a series of shorts like Short Story Long. Otherwise, how're they gonna fit her? Flashback?
It syas they're covering the main game, so it's likely she'll be in flashback sequences.

Well, now we know why they dodge the way they do.

I keep forgetting to go through proper channels. Alright, I'm trying to do some tidying up on some of the pages and I'm starting with Nier himself. Want to add these to his abilities.

If you want to see what I'm talking about just to Nier (Nier) page cuz I forgot to get the approval stamp. But here are the changes.
  • Base
    • Weapon creation via dark lance (The thing that makes giant spikes), dark hand (the thing that makes giant hands), dark whirlwind (the thing that makes giant scythes), and dark execution (the thing that makes giant spears)
  • Words
    • Statistics Amplification from various words since they can do stuff like increase physical strength, attack strength, knock back resistance etc.
    • Status Effect Inducement namely Confuse and I'll list the worse that can inflict Confuse.
    • Statistics Reduction in the form of Weaken and I'll list the words that cause weaken.
    • Life Drain & Durability Negation and I'll list the words that cause HP Drain.
    • Paralysis Inducement and I'll list the words that cause Paralyze
    • Absorption in the form of magical energy drain and I'll list the words that drain MP
    • Poison Manipulation in the form of Poison and I'll list the words that inflict Poison status
  • Items
    • Healing (via herbs salves, potions, and flowers. Didn't even realize you can heal with flowers. I only ever sold them.)
    • Stat amplification (various Drops & Capsules double physical strength or magical damage)
    • Damage Reduction (various drops & capsules halves physical damage or magical damage taken
    • Poison manipulation (Antidal weed cures poison)

I guess while I'm at this I'll apprise you of my other thoughts.

Giving Pod durability negation and intangibility since Pod B's laser can pass through multiple enemies. I think I still have an image from the game guide that says it outright. If not I can find a youtube video demonstrating it or take a new picture.

And under weakness I'd put that the Pod's lasers can only damage through heat and anything heat resistant will take no damage. The scan of 10H dodging the lasers has it in the paragraph so I can link it to that.

I'm also looking to create pages for the Pods and Grimiore Weiss under the category of weapons and I can just C/P that stats over. Might have to change a couple since the heaviest thing we've ever seen a Pod carry was a 350 lb YoRHa.

But first the replicant changes.

I have no idea on automata but the Nier (character) stuff looks good, of course proper scans will be needed and a proper crt but it should be done very quickly

Hey guys, I was doing some cleaning up on the nier pages when I noticed under items there is "items can grant 2B invulnerability to physical and range attacks". What item is that? Cuz I've been digging through the item list and can't find anything. I've found stuff that reduces it but reduce is "that hurts less" as opposed to invulnerability which is "you can't hurt me".

Back