• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything stopping wish gg?

How fast? Wish is a word.

Also need to know his scale of 2-A since D&D has gone up quite a bit since the last Bolas fight. Prismatic Dragon is pretty low on the food chain in terms of D&D 2-As but still scales to the lower bounds of the biggum 2-As.

Countersquall is a thought. Bolas also has another thought based counterspell but I cant remember what it is off the top of my head.

Dunno the scale I just know the spells lol

Is it Powernull? How good is it? Coz standard D&D stuff includes Powernull resist.

Fair enough, I dunno the scale either since I just play Arena. Poorly, at that.

None of the standard resistances are on profiles, largely coz the resistances are... numerous, and oftentimes stupid. I really should get around to mapping out all of the things they do resist, but frankly it's a bit disheartening when I know for a fact that the list includes Healing, Statistics Amplification, Bone Manipulation, and more really weird and sorta stupid ones. If you want I can fetch examples but I do promise, it is resisted.

niceu

Mana drain is what I was thinking of, which actually begs the question of if the dragon resists its magic being absorbed

It does and unlike other creatures Dragons don't really rely on mana-equivalent things for their magic. They sorta just draw power from the Elemental Chaos, their powers are a mixture of natural evolution and magic.

So, in case that wasn't clear, I'm not sure if something like mana drain would even matter against something like a dragon, even with equalization and even if Bolas' stuff worked on a higher scale than D&D 2-A.

Im like 95% sure that it would still work on a dragon like that seeing as all of Bolas' spells work on guys like Ugin but before i go on a hunt for all of bolas' spells, what exactly does this dragon resist?

What exactly?

I can't type up a list now, since again its huge and has a bunch of really esoteric *****, but...

Soul Manip, Mind Manip, Death Manip, BFR, Sealing, Telekinesis, Empathic Manip, Madness Manip, Time Manip, Space Manip, Matter Manip, Statistics Reduction, Sense Manip, Perception Manip, Fear Manip, Biological Manip, Disease Manip, Corruption, Size Manip, Transmutation, so on and so forth.

not sure if the meme is large enough but the joke is that Tabletop guys just sorta resist most things by right of saves. the average badger has three layers of Soul Manip resistance.

I was a bit curious about the Prismatic's 2-A rating, seeing how it has the highest challenge rating in DnD to my knowledge. Apparently it is higher on the food chain than the Hundred-Handed Ones (hecatoncheires) which are beings capable of slaying gods.

I mean bolas should be vastly above the likes of post mending planeswalkers like Aminatou who can destroy the multiverse with a thought if she wanted

Hunterzillas said:
I was a bit curious about the Prismatic's 2-A rating, seeing how it has the highest challenge rating in DnD to my knowledge. Apparently it is higher on the food chain than the Hundred-Handed Ones (hecatoncheires) which are beings capable of slaying gods.
Technically the Temporal Dragons are higher at a whopping maximum of over CR 90. And yeah, it is above Hecaton, hence the possible 2-A ratings. Its unclear if CR is indicative of tier at that point since so few connections exist between the two.

That said, "destroying the multiverse with a thought" is good, but it doesn't tell me the scale of the multiverse. D&D's multiverse is several layers into the whole infinity^infinity thing.

The Hecatoncheires were capable of slaying entire pantheons of gods. Zeus fears them, and he's more powerful than a fellow 2-A, Mystra, who rewrote the multiverse on her deathbed. Mystra herself was pretty high on the 2-A list, being the goddes of the weave.

Since we're using the 2-A rating for the Prismatic Dragon, then the scaling is around something like

Prismatic Dragon > Hecatoncheires >= Zeus > Mystra > Lolth

To be fair, I am unaware as to how qualitativley superior each god is compared to the other.

Lolth is the baseline of the 2-As, which just downscales from Mystra. Mystras feat damaged the entirety of the multiverse and exists as a structure that overlaps the entire multiverse (the Weave). Zeus is unquantifiably greater than Mystra, similar in nature to Mystra's relation to Lolth. Hecatone solo's a pantheon similar to a group equivalent to Zeus- pretty ******* big superiority. Prismatic Dragon is like 10 CR ratings higher than Hecaton.

My earlier point was moreso that in terms of abilities the Prismatic Dragon pales in comparison to the gods it is stronger than, ditto for Hecaton- though Prismatic Dragon has a ton more hax than Hecaton, who is just an AP powerhouse.

In that case this is probably a stomp just by right of AP. The D&D multiverse is something to the tune of (talk to Qawsed for a more exact reckoning, since he's more of the cosmology guy whereas I'm more of the bread-and-butter-monsters guy) each planar layer is the same size as the Prime Material, which in of itself is an infinite multiverse with infinite reflections- there are infinite planar layers in the greater cosmology of the Multiverse. The Multiverse (capital M) has several infinite copies of itself- the Dream world, the Astral, etc. There are infinite Multiverses (different settings).

Mr. Bambu said:
My earlier point was moreso that in terms of abilities the Prismatic Dragon pales in comparison to the gods it is stronger than, ditto for Hecaton- though Prismatic Dragon has a ton more hax than Hecaton, who is just an AP powerhouse.
Ah, ok I see. So does Nicol even have a wincon then?

Theoretically 2-A hax works on any 2-A without resistance, since its all the same layer. But with Prismatic ostensibly resisting all of Bolas stuff with an apparently huge AP advantage of several infinities, Bolas has no win condition. So uh. Goodbye thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back