• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mario fires his fire balls like Vegeta. The animation is spot on. Both are in character. Mario has the edge in the beginning, I wonder how that's gonna turn out?

AlexZiggy said:
Can't Sonic just... spindash through Cappy and destroy it?
Technically yes. The way Mario punches out Sonic's wisp.

(For animation purposes SA may wish to have Sonic shrug off Cappy instead)

Js250476 said:
I count 10 Mario bet vs 2 Sonic bet.

Most of the time the G1 fortunetellers are getting their verdicts correct (or in line with Screwattack). So...

It's noteworthy to say that both Sonic supporters made it clear that they can see Mario winning too, and acknowledge how this fight is pretty up in the air in terms of interpretation.

What's the reasoning behind this claim?

Okay, I'll admit that at the time I was thinking "hey, Bowser's way higher than planet level" So, Yeah... I dunno.

I think the point of argument is how strong each hax is.

Like what someone says "Mr Satan making the whole world of people stick their hands up to transfer ki to Goku" or "Carnage builds an army of mass murderers within a city with his tendrils" or "Martian Manhunter mind controlling The Spectre" something like that

Level of hax aside... how are the range and area of effect for M and S? Quite a time very few mention this..

The fight is out today for first members, so I'm going to see it. Can someone tell me how to do the spoiler thing in these discussions works so I can talk about it? I've seen people do it, I just haven't figured out how

Okay, so I just saw the newest episode of Death Battle Cast where they sneak peeked the fight, and they mentioned a few things that give some clues as to how they've researched the fight and the possible conclusions they reached:

1. They stated that the main reason they're redoing the episode is because of their new rule about canons, so the outliers of Archie Sonic are now thrown out. They also mentioned Paper Mario is out as a random example, but now I'm thinking that the Mario and Luigi RPG stuff could be included, which may or may not change how they scale Mario

2. They referenced all the new power ups the two have received, and the sneak peek referenced the Wisps and the Cat Bell and Duplication Cherry, so they're drawing a lot from the new stuff. However, based on how Death Battles usually work, I don't think the White Tanooki suit will be included, mainly because it was a game mechanic for when you really sucked at New Super Mario Bros.

Overall, the fight has promise to me and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Spoilers for Death Battle Episode 100
Mario won.
Spoilers for Death Battle Episode 101
Ultro vs Sigma is next.

So yeah, general overview of the analysis and fight, spoiler free.

-There calculations have definitely improved, even though they undersold them immensely, but it's still better. Sonic's still ridiculously fast and Mario still hits like a truck

-The animation was great and the fight was a ton of fun to watch

Nevermind! I figured it out!

My Prediction
I saw Mario winning from the start. Once I heard about there being new rules, I decided that no Archie or Paper were in. That was out of the equation, and I was right there. I also assumed that most power-ups were being used here. Even the preview proved me correct. So then I had to use my instinct. Well, then. Would they have Sonic stomp out Mario or would they have Mario power on? Seeing the calcs of speed and power, I knew I was in the right. They didn't even note down Sonic's obvious faster than light speed, which is a bad move, so it gave Mario an advantage. I was right the entire time.

>No Archie or Paper Mario

Despite the fact that Paper Mario is actually canon to the main series. Archie is a different continuuity entirely for sure.

Yeah, Paper Jam is kind of a weird game that Nintendo prefers to forget about, but it's where the head canon about Paper Mario and Super Mario Bros being different universes originated. But that would contradict the rest of the series, and Color Splash also retcons that. As the Toad Brigade appears and references other Mario games.

The fight had side blurbs that said Mario scaled to DK, Wario, and Paper Mario, then included various feats to compare them, which kind of makes sense, but Wario's durability feat by their calculations is way outside of what they used in the fight

I mean as long as they remain consistent with the no Archie stuff im cool with it. But if in the next Sonic match (if another one is coming anyways) they use Archie i will call bs

So overall, the fight was fun and from their research, the result made sense. Will this upset some fans? Absolutely. Will the debate still rage on? No doubt. Did I agree with everything? No, I didn't, but I still enjoyed the video and I thought it was well put together. Good effort from Screwattack, excited for the next one.

If I remember correctly, isn't Sonic sort of like DMC Dante (not reboot Dante) where he almost never tries? As in we don't really know how fast Sonic is since he's never had to go that fast? I remember hearing something like that somewhere.

I don't like it when people try to use a "Death Battle" version of vs debates. How they do things constantly changes, and their scaling is evident of that, and it sounds pretty insuling to see people say that the "death battle" version is just downplaying characters. They are probably going to be even more lenient to scaling in the future, and may even use dimensional tiering. There is no way we can know, because their research, conclusions and rules are subjective to them, and of course over 7 years the way they do things change. Whenever people do a Death Battle prediction based on their way of doing things, it is almost always going to be wrong, as they tend to under estimate them and they may use something they expected them not to, not use something they expected them to, or scale to someone they expected them not to. I noticed that they touched on a lot of things people here use for them in the pop ups, such as base Sonic being FTL, Solaris and Time Eater scaling etc.

@Shadow

One of the side cards said that defeating Solaris & Time Eater does not make Sonic universal because they destroyed those contructs with abillities he doesn't possess. Another Card stated that DK's small moon punch is on par with Dark Gaia shattering the Earth,which is a blatant lie.

Back