• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer SU continuation revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • highly doubt it would be relevant tho, with gems in the 3 digits megatons
  • Why? I see nothing wrong with Darkanine's calc, it uses method we used and accepted before.

• Could be worth it though.
  • Size inconsistency; debris not acting like it has the force that was extrapolated

• Maybe
  • Size Inconsistency?; that's like the most common thing in fiction, surprised it's even an argument here

Calling it "the most common thing in fiction" is a bit much. It's certainly much more of a problem when it comes to SU. Also my latter point still holds.

I mean, Garnet clashed with her equal water clone and made a relatively small hole when she can made mountain collapse (and has 7-A AP)

The explosion happened in space, but the Warship crashing didn't do much to the city, yes.

AoE fallacy regarding the warships explosion, doesn't matter that it didn't obliterate beach city, its still a tier 6 explosion

No work can't compare to SU in size inconsistent, a character has 4 different size in one episode; and those aren't slightly differences, they are pretty notable.

The Size inconsistent in SU is pretty notable indeed, the Diamond Mech's Feet is shown as bigger than Obsidian, which is probably the size of the Crystal Temple (at least with Rose), but then at the end of the episode it is....so much more minuscule.

WD sizes also changes drastically during Change Your Mind, going from "Yellow and Blue are only in by abdomen area and my hand is much bigger than their head" from "Yellow and Blue reach my a bit above shoulders and my hand is barely bigger than their head"

The fountain scene also has Steven be the smaller than one of Blue's fingers, and after right after he's the size of her palm.

I believe that happens so much because they said they do not have set heights because it would hinder the production, so the only thing they use is "Character A is always bigger than Character B, but how much so is irrelevant."

The Crewniverse lets the artists go off model whenever they like so they can try different art styles (or something like that), so we have literally no idea how tall anything is, it seems like nothing has a canon model.

Yeah the amount of different art styles of the animators really starts to show sometimes. It's best to use episodes animated by Rebecca Sugar herself cuz she tends to be the most on-model and have the most "iconic" style of Steven Universe.

ALso to people saying "other fictions are inconsistent with models", this has lead to bleach calcs not really using the artwork anymore and sticking to the canon measurements given. So if we want to appeal to popularity, it doesn't really work.

Yeah, SU is inconsistent has hell with size, to an insane degree. Even in a show where 90% of the cast can shapeshift it's pretty abysmal. At least when I decide to watch Gravity Falls, I know Stan isn't going to magically warp from 8 foot tall giant to barely taller than Dipper in between shots.

WeeklyBattles said:
AoE fallacy regarding the warships explosion, doesn't matter that it didn't obliterate beach city, its still a tier 6 explosio
It's NOT to contradict the Warship (Hand) explosion

It's for the Red Eye feat

Also, how it's not a Light Cannon feat? It destroys the Red Eye and send debris at said speed. Like c'mon, I could even bet you already saw feats like that accepted.

How does the aoe fallacy apply to the calced result of an explosion?

Wokistan said:
How does the aoe fallacy apply to the calced result of an explosion?
1. It was just an example

2. The Explosion wasn't calced by aoe, but if the object that was destroyed in said explosion has 6-C Durability, why the explosion was smaller? AoE Fallacy

Well if it blows up a tier 6 object but is just small then that's fine. From how I read it it sounded like they were saying the calced result was fallacious.

The Warship itself has tier 6 durability and the core that exploded upscales from an ancient non-combat ship's core which can output tier 6 energy

That explosion being tier 6 seems fine then.

@Aiden The cloud splitting was but i recalced the laser just from the destruction it was going to cause and it came out to High 6-C

WeeklyBattles said:
@Aiden The cloud splitting was but i recalced the laser just from the destruction it was going to cause and it came out to High 6-C
No comment in the blog seems to accept the calc

>cloud splitting

I've went over multiple times why that feat can't be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back