• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Tiering System was applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ant

I look through them and they are all updated accordingly.

Just it seems strange to me that striking strength isn't covering Tier 11.

Okay. Thank you. That should preferably be fixed then. You can ask Ultima about it.

FanofRPGs said:
Cthulhu Mythos will likely be:

Cthulhu: Unknown

Hypnos: High 1-B, possiblly 1-A+

Outergods: 1-A, possibly High 1-A

Azathoth and Yog Sothoth: 1-A, possibly 0

After my revisions
Wouldn't Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth be 'High 1-A, possibly 0' here instead of '1-A, possibly 0?'

I mean Yog could be "High 1-A, possibly 0," but I'd say Azathoth would definitively be Tier 0 since his own waking up would immediately end literally everything, and I mean literally everything, in its entirety (even Yog).

Wasnt there supposed to be a CRT talking about if it was Yog = Azzy and not Azzy > Yog or something like that?

Flashlight237 said:
I mean Yog could be "High 1-A, possibly 0," but I'd say Azathoth would definitively be Tier 0 since his own waking up would immediately end literally everything, and I mean literally everything, in its entirety (even Yog).
I have completely debunked the Azathoth statement, I just haven't argued for it yet. Same deal with the "Cthulhu destroying stars myth." You can find my reasoning for both of them on my fifth blog

And now, given the platonic underpinnings I have discovered in Lovecraftian stuff, Yog Sothoth may represent the platonic god and thus > Azathoth thematically, with Azathoth being some sort of "demiurge" as Ubbo-Sathla is (Ubbo-Sathla may even be the same entity as Azathoth or on an equal position. Some later EU stories which I won't include in my revisions have Ubbo Sathla being Azathoth's equal or something, but I only allow the main 6 of the Lovecraft Cirlce in my revisions)

The Yog and Azzy discussion really needs its own thread and debate there, cuase that needs to be put to rest before we officially start the CM tier debate.

Once I finish my last two blogs (Blog 2 will be in de facto limbo because it's the least salient to our profiles and the most tedious due to drawing from the largest swath of stories) I think I will argue it. Expect that around thanksgiving to christmas tho. I found a statement from an ancillary but canon story by Robert E. Howard, which with the juxtaposed notion that dimensionality = higher reality, would make Hypnos 1-A+, without dimensionality still High 1-B.

And now reading more upon Azathoth's name, it is fully possible Azathoth, the Mist, Darkness, and Yog Sothoth are all one entity.

Well I had always heard that Yog and Azzy where the same being just Azzy was the body and Yog was the Mind basically but I dont know if thats in anyway legit or not.

Yog Sothoth, going by a new intepretation I think is spot on that I found, is representative to the platonic god or something. I need to discuss this with Aeyu as IDK the proper term.

so be beyond spacetime = 1-A now?

And how will you classify Nothing/Void? I see a lot here classify as Tier 2, and that makes no sense, Nothing is already absent from everything so can not be framed in dimensional categories

so how are you going to rate the dimensional level of something that has no dimension? Remember that dimensions in this context are classified as spatial and temporal, being beyond spacetime means literally being beyond dimensional measurement, so what if not 1-A alternative, what other is Tier if all are categorized by time and space?

No. Existing beyond spacetime / dimensionality by itself is vague and needs additional context to qualify for 1-A, otherwise it just scales based on how far those two extend in a given verse.

"Nothing" in the most literal, ontological sense is something I wouldn't tier, personally, since in that case it wouldn't really be a palpable state, just the absence of being in any form.

In the case of literal voids "made" of nothingness or whatever as portrayed in fiction, I'd say they scale, again, based on how big the verse which they come from is, since existing devoid of spacetime and dimensionality isn't that much of a big deal anymore, as this system (while still getting great influence from dimensions) focuses more on greater infinite sizes than dimensional qualities per se.

Besides, Dimensions themselves are arbitrarily defined constants that don't necessarily have to denote space and time, so there isn't exactly a problem with tiering voids of nothingness as portrayed in fiction by equating their size to some n-dimensional space; at most we could just say they are another set of axes that is aspatiotemporal in nature, at least in cases where it isn't specified that they lack directions altogether.

@Gilad Ant already responded. He means that characters in their justifications should specify their dimensionality/level of transcendence.

Agnaa said:
@Gilad Ant already responded. He means that characters in their justifications should specify their dimensionality/level of transcendence.
Ah, that makes sense. I still think that the plus sign would be an easy way to tell a 5D from a 6D, but if no one agrees with me I'll let it slide and leave it

@Jvando

I have unlocked the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

I also recommend putting high 2-A in the search bar. A lot of characters and verses pop up with high 2-A ratings still.

Zer00Negativo said:
so how are you going to rate the dimensional level of something that has no dimension? Remember that dimensions in this context are classified as spatial and temporal, being beyond spacetime means literally being beyond dimensional measurement, so what if not 1-A alternative, what other is Tier if all are categorized by time and space?
tier 11-C

2 Questions:

1) the thing where characters can be Low 1-A now for being transcendent above an infinite amount of dimensions without further context, is there more to it than that?

2) I hear all tier 1 verses are getting revised now. Should I just go ahead and make the I/O one to get it over with? Surprisingly, I think this is gonna help the verse more than it hurts it

tier 11-C

That is completely wrong.

Not having dimension isn't a feat. It'd simply be Unknow without further context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back