• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Possible Anime Feat for Saitama

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
When Saitama is "fighting" Geulganshp Gelugan implies that he's crushing Saitama with gravity equal to that of a black hole. The only contradiction to the manga here is that this is an entirely new move.

Possibly dubious because other people in the room survived but I believe he was focusing the attack only on Saitama.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Is this from ep 11? Haven't seen it, yet. Do you have a link?
No sorry man. I can try and re-watch the vid for you.

But yeah it is anime only, although it's not like it risks being an outlier as it would with other characters.

LordXcano said:
So you want me to get a screencap or is it okay
Screencap would be nice.
Also, I forget, is ONE directly overseeing the anime?
I remember there being some sort of interview or something that said the anime studio had one`s input on the anime.One was even the one who wrote the story for the ova of the anime and its was never in the manga but it should be cannon cause one wrote it.

LordXcano said:
Screencap would be nice.

Alrighty gimme a sec

I'm pretty sure he is, he's overseeing the manga too so it would make sense.

LordXcano said:
Screencap would be nice.
Maybe we should have an anime only profile for the anime version? The manga also has some differences to the webcomic IIRC.

Alright.

Hm...Well, if ONE is directly working on the anime, and this isn't a TOEI DBZ case (coughSSJ3Gokuvsf#$%ingBuutenkscough), then I really don't see why we shouldn't consider it canon alongside the manga, unless anything drastically different happens and causes a major contradiction. So far, to my knowledge, this isn't the case.

So i looked around and found this interview with the director of one punch man anime

Shingo: Tomohiro Suzuki is doing the script and the series composition. The author of the original manga, ONE, as well as Murata-Sensei sat in our production meetings. They shared their views from a manga standpoint and we shared ours and reworked the series composition as well as what volumes featured. They gave us a lot of input and their participation was very helpful.

Sorry, but if it is anime only we probably have to disregard it. We cannot randomly mix continuities.

I agree it should only count if we are using composite versions,also speaking of mixing i dont think we should mix the original with the redrawn either.For instance on lightspeed flash page he has his webcomic feat for his speed it should just be unknown for now.

No. It's only this alien's phantasy.

Because after this "black hole" he used usual rocks.

Rocks > this "black hole".

I agree about that we should not use the webcomic feats either. Feel free to remove them if you see any.

Just write the statistics as "Unknown" if necessary.

If we arent mixing then a lot of things are gonna have to change on the profiles for instance garou do we take word of god and set him equal to boros or wait until he fights saitama in the redrawn and his and his evolution ability has to be changed as well.

Celestial Pegasus said:
If we arent mixing then a lot of things are gonna have to change on the profiles for instance garou do we take word of god and set him equal to boros or wait until he fights saitama in the redrawn and his and his evolution ability has to be changed as well.
Since Garou's feat is WoG (and happened after Boros was fought in the manga, IIRC), I see no reason it shouldn't still apply. However, we can always wait until monster Garou shows up in the manga and then add it.

I would prefer if we wait until he shows up in the manga.

A6colute said:
No. It's only this alien's phantasy.
Because after this "black hole" he used usual rocks.

Rocks > this "black hole".
Just saw the episode. Sincerely doubt the rock tornado thing was supposed to be > his "black hole" technique, as he only used it as a last resort when he saw the gravitational change was doing nothing to Saitama. That said, I doubt it functioned like a regular black hole, but he clearly did amp up the gravity (enough so to crush all the soldiers who didn't get out of the way). However, we don't know the exact extent of the force exerted on Saitama, which is the problem.

Anyway, considering next week's episode is the season finale, looks like we'll have to go back to waiting for webcomic/manga feats, pretty soon.

Like I said, the feat isn't a "black hole" feat, but an "increase in gravity" feat. It's clear the alien was exerting many, many times Earth's normal gravity on Saitama, but because no actual number was given, there's no way to gauge it.

Antvasima said:
I agree about that we should not use the webcomic feats either. Feel free to remove them if you see any.

That makes no sense. ONE is the maker of the webcomics and so it should be that feats performed within them should count as well.

Different continuities means different versions of the characters, with different abilities. The story is not identical, and neither are the characters.

Antvasima said:
Different continuities means different versions of the characters, with different abilities. The story is not identical, and neither are the characters.
I can understand for other characters, but shouldn't Saitama be an exception here? If the anime suddenly pulled out a galaxy-busting Boros then that'd be an outlier for Boros, but it'd just be a better sense of Saitama's limits would it not?

Judgment-Cut said:
Antvasima said:
That makes no sense. ONE is the maker of the webcomics and so it should be that feats performed within them should count as well.
One is the maker of the webcomics but there are discrepansies between each version prime example being saitama being kicked to the moon and jumping back and the anime with tornado bring down meteors neither of which happened in the webcomics.

Exactly. From what I have read of them, they do not seem to be identical. Some of the characters don't seem to pop up in different versions for example, or at least I don't think that Speed of Sound Sonic is in the original webcomic. We have used composite profiles for a few franchises though, so it is not unheard of, but it creates problems with powerscaling between characters.

Antvasima said:
Exactly. From what I have read of them, they do not seem to be identical. Some of the characters don't seem to pop up in different versions for example, or at least I don't think that Speed of Sound Sonic is in the original.
Speed of Sound Sonic is in the original, the manga is basically a page-for-page copy with some extra content.

Please read my above comment about Saitama.

Antvasima said:
Exactly. From what I have read of them, they do not seem to be identical. Some of the characters don't seem to pop up in different versions for example, or at least I don't think that Speed of Sound Sonic is in the original webcomic. We have used composite profiles for a few franchises though, so it is not unheard of, but it creates problems with powerscaling between characters.
Yea,by the way speed of sound sonic is in the original.

Really? All right then. I have only read the later chapters in the original webcomic, and there was a question and answer chapter in which I think he or some other character was noted as absent from the webcomic continuity, but I may misremember.

I would like to hear what the rest of the staff thinks? Should we use composite profiles for the webcomic, manga, and possibly even anime series?

Back