• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Possible Anime Feat for Saitama

Antvasima said:
Really? All right then. I have only read the later chapters in the original webcomic. I would like to hear what the rest of the staff thinks? Should we use composite profiles for the webcomic, manga, and possibly even anime series?
SoSS became pretty irrelevant during the Monster Association Arc, but he's likely going to become important again, pretty soon. Most of the MA arc was just the S Class heroes fighting several high-end Dragon level threats (and then Garou), after all.

LordXcano said:
Antvasima said:
Different continuities means different versions of the characters, with different abilities. The story is not identical, and neither are the characters.
I can understand for other characters, but shouldn't Saitama be an exception here? If the anime suddenly pulled out a galaxy-busting Boros then that'd be an outlier for Boros, but it'd just be a better sense of Saitama's limits would it not?
Think of it like this the webcomic is the manuscript the core of the story,then you have the redrawn version follows the webcomic but adds a lot of extra stuff and now the anime is adding even more stuff again.So it becomes a question of which version do we trust.Saitama isnt an exception it also becomes a question of which versions feats for him do we accept.

@Azathoth Okay. So do you think that we should revert the OPM profiles to composite versions? And if so, should we include the anime as well?

^Current Saitama profile is composite I think, but ONE"s webcomic is the PRIMARY canon. We have to make sure there is no canon discrepancy

Celestial Pegasus said:
Think of it like this the webcomic is the manuscript the core of the story,then you have the redrawn version follows the webcomic but adds a lot of extra stuff and now the anime is adding even more stuff again.So it becomes a question of which version do we trust.Saitama isnt an exception it also becomes a question of which versions feats for him do we accept.
IIRC, Saitama hasn't had very many varying feats, so far. All the fodder monsters he killed in the manga are shown to be in the anime, the only difference being he took care of them, offscreen.

Antvasima said:
Really? All right then. I have only read the later chapters in the original webcomic, and there was a question and answer chapter in which I think he or some other character was noted as absent from the webcomic continuity, but I may misremember.
I would like to hear what the rest of the staff thinks? Should we use composite profiles for the webcomic, manga, and possibly even anime series?
What azathoth said soss became irrelevant during the monster association arc but he has recently returned into the story

Faisal Shourov said:
^Current Saitama profile is composite I think, but ONE"s webcomic is the PRIMARY canon. We have to make sure there is no canon discrepancy
If the webcomic is the primary canon, shouldn't we reinsert all the stats that were removed, just now?

Antvasima said:
@Azathoth Okay. So do you think that we should revert the OPM profiles to composite versions? And if so, should we include the anime as well?
Honestly, with a franchise like OPM, I don't think it would hurt to have composite profiles, as so far, there has been nothing between versions that has caused massive contradictions in stats.

We should use composite of the final version which is Murata Manga and the anime, a lot of stuff from the webcomic gets cut or added, also the webcomic art is so raw that sometimes its even hard to say whats really happening, thats my 2 cents on it.

So should we include anime feats as well, even if they are filler?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Faisal Shourov said:
If the webcomic is the primary canon, shouldn't we reinsert all the stats that were removed, just now?
I would suggest that. Murata's manga is based on ONE's webcomic which came out in 2009 I believe. Murata's adaptation started in 2012

Celestial Pegasus said:
IIRC, Saitama hasn't had very many varying feats, so far. All the fodder monsters he killed in the manga are shown to be in the anime, the only difference being he took care of them, offscreen.
True but he was never kicked to the moon in the original that feat is what makes him sub relativistic while in the original he is only massively hypersonic by being faster than flash and garou

Antvasima said:
I would assume so, as there has yet to be filler which really contradicts anything, and the filler from the manga is shown to be canon to the anime, as well.

Faisal Shourov said:
Having read and watched all 3 versions, the only descrepencies are in the Boros fight. There isn't the Moon kick in the original and I don't think Boros makes the life-wiper claim either. Other than that (and this gravity manipulation one) everything has been consistent.

Celestial Pegasus said:
True but he was never kicked to the moon in the original that feat is what makes him sub relativistic while in the original he is only massively hypersonic by being faster than flash and garou
Wasn't LF's feat also sub-rel, or am I misremembering?

LordXcano said:
Having read and watched all 3 versions, the only descrepencies are in the Boros fight. There isn't the Moon kick in the original and I don't think Boros makes the life-wiper claim either. Other than that (and this gravity manipulation one) everything has been consistent.
Without the life-wiper claim, the attack likely would have been considered higher, honestly. lol

Celestial Pegasus said:
Wasn't LF's feat also sub-rel, or am I misremembering?
I remember someone on here calced it at 1/3rd lightspeed but I don't think it was accepted

I say we make the profiles composite as there hasnt been any massive contradictions yet.At the very least the webcomic feats should be allowed cause that is the primary cannon.

Alright guys, but get this straight. IF there is any discrepancy and major inconsistency for composite profile in future, we must use ONE's webcomic for said feat, as that's the primary canon. Everything else (manga, anime) are secondary/tertiary canon. ONE's webcomic should get highest priority

LordXcano said:
I remember someone on here calced it at 1/3rd lightspeed but I don't think it was accepted
All I remember is him throwing countless strikes in a fraction of a second, but I don't remember the exact details.

Faisal Shourov said:
Alright guys, but get this straight. IF there is any discrepancy and major inconsistency for composite profile in future, we must use ONE's webcomic for said feat, as that's the primary canon. Everything else (manga, anime) are secondary/tertiary canon. ONE's webcomic should get highest priority
Pretty much this.

LordXcano said:
All I remember is him throwing countless strikes in a fraction of a second, but I don't remember the exact details.
The guy who calced it realized he also would've had to run to Garou, and they estimated the distance at around 100 meters

Faisal Shourov said:
Agreed

Anyway, we should get someone to calc that feat of Lightspeed Flash rushing over and attacking Garou dozens of times all within a millionth of a second/microsecond. Would definitely help verify his speed.

Anyway, we should get someone to calc that feat of Lightspeed Flash rushing over and attacking Garou dozens of times all within a millionth of a second/microsecond. Would definitely help verify his speed.
Indeed

Viturino said:
Antvasima said:
Unless one contradicts the other i think its fine. Just like dragonball super
Agreed even the tatsumaki pulling down a meteor wasnt really contradictary i mean she threatened to launched saitama into space in the webcomiic not too far fetched to think she could pull a meteor down.So composite until otherwise contradicted for now.

Celestial Pegasus said:
In other news murata on twitter said he plans to work hard for a season 2 of the anime to be possible hopefully that means longer pages in the chapters or more frequent updates.
Who cares about that?

Universe level Golden Sperm when?

In other other news(completely off topic here), i really wish i found a site that gives me mangas to read that have all the chapters and are accurate and translated to read.

CrossverseCrisis said:
In other other news(completely off topic here), i really wish i found a site that gives me mangas to read that have all the chapters and are accurate and translated to read.
I use this and this for my manga readings. These are my suggestions to you

Back