• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I would like to create a 2nd Key on Mario's profile. The Key would be for his Flat form. In this form, Mario moves along a 2nd dimensional plane, engaged in combat with 2D enemies, and has no depth. Here are 2 examples of his plane level form in Mario Odyssey. Unlike Paper Mario, who is a 2D being with 4D power, this flat mario cannot interact with 3D objects or beings. This is fairly cut and dry, I would simply like permission to create it and that the profile be open

Crazy 2D Madness at the Mushroom Kingdom
Crazy 2D Madness at the Mushroom Kingdom

Super Mario Odyssey New Donk City Festival
Super Mario Odyssey New Donk City Festival

This sounds like something that should be on Fun and Games Board.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
This sounds like something that should be on Fun and Games Board.
Why? doesn't downgrade anything, and is segnificantly different in power that it is of note. This wiki is about cataloging powers and stats. Adding this key further fulfils that purpose.

Link doesn't have a key like that for A Link Between Worlds Link, it's more so a form of Spacial Intangibility. Doesn't downgrade durability for obvious reasons also.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Link doesn't have a key like that for A Link Between Worlds Link, it's more so a form of Spacial Intangibility. Doesn't downgrade durability for obvious reasons also.
Now that you mention it, he probably should have one, maybe. that Link is missing quite a few abilities. What 'obvious reasons' exactly?

He exists on a 2nd dimensional plane, so unless you can show example of him tanking attacks from a being with 3D power while in his 2nd dimensional form, I don't see why it would. Note that Bullet Bills need to enter the 2D plane in order to harm him.

Just want to say, if this gets accepted, I'll likely make a key for Link (A Link Between World and Composite) as he has the same power, just more limited for gameplay mechanics. And he can do that anywhere, while Mario iirc can't

Eficiente said:
So? dimensional plane =/= dimensional power
unless shown otherwise, yes it does. Even White Face, who can manipulate multiple universes, is still only plane level when on a second dimensional scale.

TriforcePower1 said:
Just want to say, if this gets accepted, I'll likely make a key for Link (A Link Between World and Composite) as he has the same power, just more limited for gameplay mechanics. And he can do that anywhere, while Mario iirc can't
that will be good. I think that profile is missing a few things on top of that as well

Well, I don't see anything wrong with it but at the same time, I don't really see the point of it. I believe the page is fine without it.

Dino Ranger Black said:
Well, I don't see anything wrong with it but at the same time, I don't really see the point of it. I believe the page is fine without it.
its for the sake of power documentation, which is the purpose of this wiki. So you are nuetral on it then? Do I have your permission to make the key?

Every if he was 2D, (which he probably wasn't, he was probably just flat), can you provide the evidence showing that he's actually becoming that weak? In Super Paper Mario, when Mario goes 2D, he's not weaker. He is probably a 2D being with 3D power, assuming he's even 2D, similar to Culex, if you wanna see it that way.

because when you are 2-D, that's your body. Your skin becomes a "line"(obviously with a little of width) around you. A higher-D can see everything on and in you. not only that, but that would imply that Mario legs disappear.

Because when 3D enemies strike mario while flat, they cannot effect him. As we know, higher dimensional beings cannot directly interact with lower dimensional beings. Bullet Bills had to enter 2D space to effect him. When he leaves the plane, he can interact with higher dimensional objects again, which he can't while flat.

I am using White Face as a similar case comparison. Mario should still be able to nuke multiple Solar Systems... just only 2D Solar Systems. Take White Face as a reference Point. He can destroy several universes, but when second dimensional, he is still plane level even tho he can destroy several second dimensional 'universes.' The Wiki's policy clearly regards that being who enter lower dimensions get lower stats unless shown to be able to interact with higher strcutures while in said lower dimensions.

Its what makes Flat Mario different from Paper Mario. Paper Mario is a 2D being with 4D power, because he has shown to be able to interact with higher dimensions despite being explicitly stated to be 2D. Flat Mario on the other hand, cannot effect 3D structures.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Because when 3D enemies strike mario while flat, they cannot effect him. As we know, higher dimensional beings cannot directly interact with lower dimensional beings. Bullet Bills had to enter 2D space to effect him. When he leaves the plane, he can interact with higher dimensional objects again, which he can't while flat.

I am using White Face as a similar case comparison. Mario should still be able to nuke multiple Solar Systems... just only 2D Solar Systems. Take White Face as a reference Point. He can destroy several universes, but when second dimensional, he is still plane level even tho he can destroy several second dimensional 'universes.' The Wiki's policy clearly regards that being who enter lower dimensions get lower stats unless shown to be able to interact with higher strcutures while in said lower dimensions.

Its what makes Flat Mario different from Paper Mario. Paper Mario is a 2D being with 4D power, because he has shown to be able to interact with higher dimensions despite being explicitly stated to be 2D. Flat Mario on the other hand, cannot effect 3D structures.
can I get the minute when the 3-D can't affect Mario? And anyways that's called intangibility

I do remember enemies running into or touching the walls and not effecting mario in my own person play through. But if you really want video evidence I guess I'll have to grab my phone and get some shitty recording of a bullet bill running into the walls and not effecting the 2D enemies lol. Not being able to interact with something and not being able to touch it are 2 different things. We don't give every 3D being intangibility just because technically a higher dimensional being shouldn't be able to interact with them directly

aside from that, here is a direct statement that the objects on this plane are 2D

2D Moon and Mario

Back