• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nero runs the gauntlet

End of DMC5 Nero goes through previous bosses.

R1: Mundus

R2: Argosax (both phases]

R3: Arkham

R4: The Savior

R5: Post-Fruit Urizen

Nope

He gets destroyed by Void Mundus and Argosax passives

He would have a really hard time against Post Fruit Urizen since Non Tired Dante had a close fight against him

Uhhh no ?

He doesn't resist Time Stop and Mind Manipulation

Also, he can't even touch Void Mundus

Void Mundus also opens with BFR which Nero doesn't have any answer

Nero should resist mind manipulation and time manipulation effects vary depending on the area so that is a coin flip.

Void Mundus isn't mentioned in the OP.

Plus Nero would literally be beyond blitz speed to every single one of them that it isn't funny.

Still can't touch Void Mundus lol

He never resisted Mind or Time Hax so I don't see why he should have

Argosax also has this passives, Nero is not going to defeat them, Time Stop may be coin flip but Mind Manipulation isn't

Void Mundus isn't here so why mention him?

Surviving the demon world gives resistance to mind manipulation. It's in the reasoning. Him and V should have resistance to it.

Wrong, the Qliphoth has portals inside it that leads to the demon world

But only V knew that the giant tree had sprouted from hell
itself.
Inside it, there was a passage leading to the underworld
but he'd yet to tell the others about it. Dante and his companions
only needed to know that one of the lords of hell would rise
here.

V stepped forward, hoping to at least clear the path a little for
Nero. A portal to the demon world laid deep in the Qliphoth,
allowing hordes of all kinds of creatures scurry through the place
in search of human blood. The constant battles with them were
exhausting and took time. With Nero in a weakened shape, V
had left himself the task of bringing the kid to the demon lord.

The Qliphoth is connected to the demon world and has a portal to the demon world within it which we can assume is the large portal seen at the base of the tree. The tree cuts off into the demon world somewhere and the Fruit itself is in the demon world. I find it difficult to believe a partial demon wouldn't resist the demon world's affects but Beryl, Arkham and alternate universe Eva who are just special humans can.

Being connected to it =/= having the same properties tho

Arkham is a Demon and for the rest, it's either an inconsistency, or Demon world has nothing like what it says because under this normal humans like Lady, Nico, Beryl, Evan can walk around like nothing.

In short, this seems faulty and I ask you to do a CRT to take that out of the profiles since it never affects any human

The Fruit is stated to be in the Demon World ?

That covers Nico's presence, she never was In the same level as the Fruit

You should make a CRT to add those Resistances to Nero and V

About the thread, if the Resistances are added, there isn't many options for Argosax and the rest

Against Post Fruit Urizen it would be a really insane battle as this version of Urizen is capable of fighting 100% Dante and tire him to the point of Vergil being capable of casually stomping Dante

This adds more to Dante's fight against Vergil and Nero Vs Vergil

After fighting someone weaker than Revived Vergil (Post Fruit Urizen), Dante was tired to the point of being stomped

Fighting against Revived Vergil tires him even more by logic and Vergil was just as tired, then Nero enters in the scenario

He isn't as powerful as Vergil and Dante, just look what Dante could do against Vergil after fighting Urizen, absolutely nothing, and that Dante was less tired then after his fight with Vergil. A fight against Post Fruit Urizen would be really dangerous for Nero. I know that saying this I'm triggering a bunch of people who thinks Nero can play with anyone in the series casually, we had many debates about this and I'm tired of the matter

And if Void Mundus counts here, Nero doesn't touch him and gets BFR'd to whatever place

Tony di bugalu said:
Being connected to it =/= having the same properties tho
Arkham is a Demon and for the rest, it's either an inconsistency, or Demon world has nothing like what it says because under this normal humans like Lady, Nico, Beryl, Evan can walk around like nothing.

In short, this seems faulty and I ask you to do a CRT to take that out of the profiles since it never affects any human
It directly mentions having a portal to the underworld deep inside the Qliphoth so once you go in that portal you are in the demon world portion of the Qliphoth.

Arkham isn't a demon, he's just a dude with magic powers like Arius and him surviving can be chalked up to magic abilities. Lady and Nico never ventured into the demon world so they are alright. Beryl has a link to the Beastheads and is special human so she is covered. My point in mentioning them was that I doubt their unique cases allowing them to survive the demon world's mind manipulation wouldn't reasonably apply to Nero based off his demonic heritage.

I'm confused on this part.

I would make it but there isn't a need to make a CRT. The bottom of the Qliphoth leads to the demon realm and Nero and V traverses it.

I see Nero easily defeating post-fruit Urizen and would argue his fight with Vergil would be much more impressive than his fight with Fruitrizen. I don't think Vergil was weak in his fight with Nero to the point he became Fruitrizen tier or anything like that, especially not when Vergil DT's and uses his doppelganger in his fight with Nero early on.

>It directly mentions having a portal to the underworld deep inside the Qliphoth so once you go in that portal you are in the demon world portion of the Qliphoth.

They never went there

>Arkham isn't a demon, he's just a dude with magic powers like Arius and him surviving can be chalked up to magic abilities.

I explicitly remembered he became a Demon due to the ritual, and it's even in the Jester file IIRC.

>Lady and Nico never ventured into the demon world so they are alright.

Neither did Nero

>My point in mentioning them was that I doubt their unique cases allowing them to survive the demon world's mind manipulation wouldn't reasonably apply to Nero based off his demonic heritage.

You mentioned Eva too btw. We can't go and give random powers to everyone just because they are either a special case or part demons, specially without feats (Nero).

>I'm confused on this part

What I said is that since everyone, humans and demons alike, can walk around the Demon world without any negative effect it seems it doesn't have any special property that was stated and since feats > statements I very much think it should go.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Using DT doesn't mean not being tired, it isn't a ability tied to stamina
I didn't say that. I'm saying I doubt Fruitrizen would give Nero as much trouble as DT Vergil and Doppelganger who should be stronger.

Vergil is stronger but at a tired state, he isn't

Again, look what happened when Dante fought Vergil while being tired from his fight against Urizen, a total stomp

Both Dante and Vergil were even more tired when Nero arrived, if Fruit Urizen leaved Dante that tired, a stronger opponent will tire him even more and Vergil scales to that, then you see the difference

It's like saying that Nero is on Dante's level after fighting and defeating that Dante who just had battled Urizen, it isn't right

@Tony >They never went there

itself.
here.

>I explicitly remembered he became a Demon due to the ritual, and it's even in the Jester file IIRC.

It says he gained "immature power" whatever that means.

>Neither did Nero

See above

>You mentioned Eva too btw. We can't go and give random powers to everyone just because they are either a special case or part demons, specially without feats (Nero).

Eva is sparda's equal somehow in the novel so I guess that's her reason. Yes we can, when the assumptions have merit.

>What I said is that since everyone, humans and demons alike, can walk around the Demon world without any negative effect it seems it doesn't have any special property that was stated and since feats > statements I very much think it should go.

No normal human has ever walked in the demon world, only magicians, part humans or demons. Make a CRT if you have more concerns or want to expand on your concern.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Vergil is stronger but at a tired state, he isn't
Again, look what happened when Dante fought Vergil while being tired from his fight against Urizen, a total stomp

Both Dante and Vergil were even more tired when Nero arrived, if Fruit Urizen leaved Dante that tired, a stronger opponent will tire him even more and Vergil scales to that, then you see the difference

It's like saying that Nero is on Dante's level after fighting and defeating that Dante who just had battled Urizen, it isn't right
You are implying a weakness addition should be added to Dante and Vergil's profile. Vergil and Dante being tired wouldn't make them weaker in AP, DB or Speed. I'm not getting how this would mean tired Vergil is comparable to Fruitrizen.

Dienomite22 said:
@Tony >They never went there

itself.
here.

Yeah, that's good and all but where is stated they went there? I want the clip, the scan, the quote saying they went through that portal and into the Demon world, that they went inside the Demon world otherwise that is just proof the Qliphoth connects the human and the Demon world, nothing else

Dienomite22 said:
You are implying a weakness addition should be added to Dante and Vergil's profile. Vergil and Dante being tired wouldn't make them weaker in AP, DB or Speed. I'm not getting how this would mean tired Vergil is comparable to Fruitrizen.
It is, they get weaker when they fight each other for whatever reason but applies only to them, that's why we haven't made a thread to add it.

In case you ask the proof is with DMC3, Dante and Vergil stomps Arkham but after they fight Arkham went in and stomped them without trouble.

I think it's pretty obvious this weakness

Remember Arkham ? The.exactly.plot.was.make.Dante.fight.Vergil.so.they.can.tire.each.other And the results were both stomped

Fruit Urizen gave DMC5 Dante a hard time, making him tired

This Tired Dante was completely stomped by 100% Vergil

So fighting someone like Urizen tires Dante to the point of someone comparable to him can destroy him if he fights right after

Then 100% Dante fights 100% Vergil, at the top of the Qliphoth

Both Dante and Vergil are fighting someone equal to them, while Urizen was *almost* as strong, so after the battle they will be even more tired than Dante was after fighting Urizen

Nero fought this Tired Vergil

A version of Vergil that would lose to that Tired Dante from after the fight against Urizen, who was trashed by 100% Vergil

See ? That's the logic behind this

Nero just can't be as strong as 100% Vergil or 100% Dante by fighting them both tired, there is a difference between those states, he certanly is 3-A, but not at the same level as them

Then, vou have Post Fruit Urizen, who's capable of giving a 100% Dante a hard time

Can Nero defeat this Urizen since his feats are only against Tired Vergil ? That's the biggest question

WoG says that Post-Fruit Urizen wasn't on the same level as Dante at all, iirc. And a full-power DT'd Nero was able to bitch-slap Dante so hard it, and I quote, "almost killed him." Even against a tired Dante who let his guard down, that's definitely not nothing.

That being said, if WoG is valid, Vergil should be stronger than Urizen since Dante and Vergil were able to match each-other in combat pretty closely. And Nero was able to stop a full-power charge from both of them WITH ONE ARM EACH, and pulled them out of their SDTs. Again, even if they were tired, A. SDT increases strength even beyond that of even normal DT, and B. That's exactly half of his overall strength, since he only used one arm each.

Also, are we seriously gonna pretend that Urizen is somehow stronger than Vergil, whom he is literally half of? Even if he inherited most of Vergil's demonic power, that's still only most of Vergil's power, If anything, Vergil should have gotten the power that Post-Fruit Urizen did, since Urizen is a part of him. And since Nero beat Vergil, even though Vergil was tired, I think Nero takes this pretty decisively. Not a stomp thanks to time manip and the like, but I think Nero could definitely manage.

Back