• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Necro's Bracket-7-A Edition-Round 10

I don't know anything about Genkishi but Charlie could win through shinsoo crush and the poisoned blade.

What's the AP of the combatants?

For Charlie I find a 133 MT calc, but for Genkishi I get stuck in circular scaling.

Same. So we should probably assume baseline for Genkishi, until a calc is found.

this means Charlie would be stronger.

If i followed the rabbit hole correctly he was casually beaten by yamamoto, who fought gokudera, who fought zakuro who did this [[1]]

That calc is Mountain level+. I take it he isn't +, because Yamamoto actually casually beat him meaning he only scales backwards.

Since Charlie is close to baseline I guess Genkishi is still a bit stronger.

What's Shinsoo Crush about?

I'll make an argument for Genkishi shortly.

But also, could someone explain Shinsoo Crush to me, please? I've no clue what that's about, and I actively read ToG.

Even if he backscales he should be 7-A+ regardless >_>.

If the feat performer low-diffs him maybe he shouldn't scale at all.

It was more so a low diff because of hax as opposed to pure AP. Yamamoto could track Genkishi through his illusions and then slow his attacks to a standstill.

He scales down a bit from a 897.33 MT feat.

Still, I need to know if Shinsoo crush makes things a stomp or not. I've never heard of that before now.

It does. But I've never seen anyone go insane just from being around a shinsoo blast. It's a first floor feet from Lero, where folk had to pass through his shinsoo barrier without going insane. Yet, when I asked, it was never explained whether or not that was just a specific technique or not. And it certainly isn't easy to quantify, as it's entirely dependent upon the amount/concentration of shinsoo used. Both Charlie and Baam are weaker than Lero.

Regardless, Genkishi should resist mind manip via being an illusionist. Illusions in KHR can drive people insane as well, and they have a much better scaling chain of resistance than ToG. Which, if shinsoo crush is indeed a thing, then the whole series would scale to the one feat early on.

Though if shinsoo crush is indeed a thing, I'd like to switch Baam for someone else, since that seems to be unfair.

And transformed Zakuro is H7A isn't he? I remember the Carnage Box being a 2x boost, which means the Cambio Formas should also be H7A.

I'll go on ahead and make my argument for Genkishi. I'm glad that I know both of these characters in depth.

Charlie's main ability is that he can hit people with his white light attack to take away three of their senses. The KHR cast in general all resist perception manipulation to a much higher degree. So being hit by this attack would do practically nothing to Genkishi. Aside from maybe cause some damage.

Charlie's poison needle is the biggest issue here, since it can ignore Genkishi's AP/dura advantage. But I very much doubt Charlie would manage to land a single hit. Since he lacks resistance to perception manipulation, Genkishi could use his illusions to essentially control what Charlie does. Fool him into thinking he's hit Genkishi when he really hasn't. Keep him fighting multiple Genkishi's until he gets tired. Have him fight in a completel illusory environment. This leaves Genkishi all the time in the world to bombard him with a series of attacks that are impossible for Charlie to see coming. His higher AP (at least 3x) means Charlie will go down fairly quickly.

I'm going to side with Genkishi here.

Genkishi has better illusions, AP, versatility, while Charlie only has his Poison Needle and shinsoo crush, the 1st he will not be able to use and the 2nd is probably resisted. Genkishi FRA.

The Calaca said:
I heard Shinsoo causes madness and fear. Is it like Nen?
It's a passive for Shinsoo users but everyone past like the 20th floor of the tower has a natural resistance to it. Which means if you're not from Tower of God you won't have that resistance.

Back