• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Revisions Part 2: Root Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avalon itself, Avalon can block any true magic so well having a 6D space blocking "1-A hax" is the better counter exemple except if now you want to go with 1-A avalon
Only a very specific use of the Third True Magic is 1-A tho, so Avalon blocking True Magic doesn't really matter

Sounds like cherry picking to me for the sake of some sort of made up, psuedo, consistent scaling. i will definitely be addressing this in my CRT.
"Sounds like doing what we do on the wiki, and not scaling absolutely everything to the highest possible interpretation using numerous inane leaps in logic that aren't at all backed and are absurdly inconsistent"
You love to see it

Only a very specific use of the Third True Magic is 1-A tho, so Avalon blocking True Magic doesn't really matter
He brought it up because people want to scale true magic to 1-A in general due to a single line about then drawing mana from the root, or because the Unified language "is around the level of true magic" despite that not even meaning in terms of potency according to materials. This would lead to 1-A Avalon, ultimate ones, etc

"Sounds like doing what we do on the wiki, and not scaling absolutely everything to the highest possible interpretation using numerous inane leaps in logic that aren't at all backed and are absurdly inconsistent"
You love to see it

He brought it up because people want to scale true magic to 1-A in general due to a single line about then drawing mana from the root, or because the Unified language "is around the level of true magic" despite that not even meaning in terms of potency according to materials. This would lead to 1-A Avalon, ultimate ones, etc
Were derailing the thread at this point ahd It's more than 1 line, and more than 2 things of evidence

I was told to make another thread for it therefore I will. We don't need to clog up this one discussing it.

Yes we're waiting for crimson to apply the changes iirc
Did done it, thread can be closed.

I was waiting on a follow up for my question up there, but since no one had one and the quote in OP directly states the grail's pathway is the source of it's wishes, so shrug

Thread can be closed i suppose.

Seems like he wants to be consistent
Either seig and angry mango don't scale
Or almost everyone scales including Goetia Tiamat and magicians
At least that's from what i understood
Basically this. Seems really fishy to scale people like Angra Mainyu (a character that has never been truly born) and Sieg to the level of the Root just for a tenuous connection via the Grail, which in FGO was said to not always imply opening a path to the Root to grant wishes.

It's a really flimsy scaling and it ends up putting characters on a higher tier that they belong.

That WoG hasn't been contradicted yet. You just need to wait for the FGO x Tsukihime collab so Nasu can remind everyone who is the strongest.

That, or the Tsukihime remake itself, considering that the DAAs are going to get a massive rework and upgrade in power-levels to be relevant with the current Extra/FGO power-levels.

That WoG hasn't been contradicted yet. You just need to wait for the FGO x Tsukihime collab so Nasu can remind everyone who is the strongest.

That, or the Tsukihime remake itself, considering that the DAAs are going to get a massive rework and upgrade in power-levels to be relevant with the current Extra/FGO power-levels.
Actually the WOG doesn't even classify the 3 and it's contradict by none being is considered stronger and better than the Root in all nasuverse work and Void shiki is the Root

In the quote they ask who is the 3 strongest being outside servant bruh what you even mean by tier lol
Tier, league or 'level'. Not referring to this site's tiering.

And they didn't ask about outside of servants, that was just Nasu's answer. But honestly, it doesn't matter much because True Demons are already on top of the vast majority of servants.

To refresh your memory:

Q: In Nasu's work (Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime, Fate, DDD) Who's the top three strongest characters?

A:
Magical Amber, Neco Arc, and Tiger. Well, not really.
Seriously, it's Arcueid, "Ryougi Shiki", and primordial demons.(Not counting Servants)

Arceuid wanker are really a thing huh
I could say the same to everyone who makes anything that is slightly touched by a connection to the Root as the strongest thing ever. But I guess that view is more popular around here than every other place that discusses Nasu.

I guess that's what happens when you are more obsessed with scaling rather than following Nasu's memes and jokes.

Last edited:
Tier, league or 'level'. Not referring to this site's tiering.

And they didn't ask about outside of servants, that was just Nasu's answer. But honestly, it doesn't matter much because True Demons are already on top of the vast majority of servants.

To refresh your memory:
True daemon is a thing that kiara in CCC have praticaly attain you know? But anyways i never tell that servant was in their level (tho true heroic spirit should be at least comparable to true daemon)

So no their not in same league it's just the three strongest being that was in nasuverse in that time. One if them being litteraly a part of creator of the verse, the other being the ultimate one of the Earth and the last being a thing that human will never be able to face on.

True daemon is a thing that kiara in CCC have praticaly attain you know? But anyways i never tell that servant was in their level (tho true heroic spirit should be at least comparable to true daemon)
Kiara in CCC was still not a True Demon. Also, CCC Kiara is stronger than Beast III/R, who is already stronger than most servants, and also overtook BB, who makes most servants look like a joke. So nothing has really changed from that quote.

Also, you shouldn't really hype the Heroic Spirits that much. We see Heroic Spirit Iskandar in Case Files, and he still needs a boost to be put on the level of a Divine Spirit (albeit from Astraea's interlude, they are pretty similar in nature already), which are weaker than many of the gods that we see in FGO like the Olympians or the Scandinavian pantheon. Not sure how they are going to be comparable to a True Daemon. Honestly, the only cool thing about actual Heroic Spirits from that Case Files scene is that they represent all the versions of the hero at the same time, but they are also a bunch of self-contradictory data.

Alright the CRT is concluded. It's been applied. We can close this lol

More threads will be made in the future with Root stuff and scaling.

I'm kind of concerned a 1-A upgrade has just been applied and "accepted" when the only staff input was 1 staff almost 100 replies ago.

Perhaps ask for some more staff before closing the thread?

For reference, in simply adding a new key/character, Ant tagged like 5 people to evaluate the addition. This seems like a "bigger deal" to me.

I'm kind of concerned a 1-A upgrade has just been applied and "accepted" when the only staff input was 1 staff almost 100 replies ago.

Perhaps ask for some more staff before closing the thread?

For reference, in simply adding a new key/character, Ant tagged like 5 people to evaluate the addition. This seems like a "bigger deal" to me.
Because that one staff is the one who made the tiering system iirc

@Hasty12345
Actually crts don't really "need" a staff unless it's somewhat controversial crt like dragon ball and this just a simple profile adding @Regidian could have legit posted saber's ruler profile and nothing will be necessary wrong with the uploading of said profile

Actually crts don't really "need" a staff unless it's somewhat controversial crt like dragon ball and this just a simple profile adding @Regidian could have legit posted saber's ruler profile and nothing will be necessary wrong with the uploading of said profile
This is a 1-A upgrade (even if only for abilities), I just want to ensure upgrades aren't being applied too hastily, there has been contention in this thread, I feel another staff member should at least "okay" the upgrades.

There hasn't been any contention about the OP itself. Just people trying to tack on additional stuff to it.
If you can find me 1 other 1-A upgrade thread where only 1 staff member has given the okay prior to 100 replies of argumentation (regardless of topic), I'll forget I said anything.

1-A was already universally accepted in another thread, even by Matthew Schroeder. This is scaling 3 people to it who literally already scaled to it.

I think everyone should look at @Blueicemonkey argument, he actually made a good point with scan backing him up, so far any argument against him doesnt have anything to back their argument.

If you want to have any equal argument you should atleast have scan or evidence backing you up rather than calling him a wanker or anything the likes.

@Blueicemonkey

Look at your stuff later, im sick af now. Although i did say my piece about your points and left it there for a few days, but i didn't get a responce and people asked me to add it so shrug

Kiara in CCC was still not a True Demon. Also, CCC Kiara is stronger than Beast III/R, who is already stronger than most servants, and also overtook BB, who makes most servants look like a joke. So nothing has really changed from that quote.

Also, you shouldn't really hype the Heroic Spirits that much. We see Heroic Spirit Iskandar in Case Files, and he still needs a boost to be put on the level of a Divine Spirit (albeit from Astraea's interlude, they are pretty similar in nature already), which are weaker than many of the gods that we see in FGO like the Olympians or the Scandinavian pantheon. Not sure how they are going to be comparable to a True Daemon. Honestly, the only cool thing about actual Heroic Spirits from that Case Files scene is that they represent all the versions of the hero at the same time, but they are also a bunch of self-contradictory data.
For true heroic spirit it's because in extra it's tell that them> the current version with CCC, That dicine spirit many of th are weaker than even servant, and for Iskandar if i remember correctly it was just a partial incarnation because faker use herself as the catalyst to summon him to transform it in divine spirit (litteraly why we still have a heroic spirit iskandar). And where you see them taling about boost? The mana was only used to changed his nature and invok him as divine spirit, it's never talked abiut a boost and they can't even invok the heroic spirit itself as we litteraly see waver unsummon him like he do for a servant (this prove that it was just a servant version of iskandar that was transformed in divine spirit)

Last edited:
Look at your stuff later, im sick af now. Although i did say my piece about your points and left it there for a few days, but i didn't get a responce and people asked me to add it so shrug
Not sure what you want me to further argue with regards of the equivalence of FGO grails and the Fuyuki Grail, since I already said my piece on it and you didn't bring anything new to discuss besides your disagreement.

As you said, Wish Granting is a thing that can be accomplished just with enough magical energy, something that other entities such as a Divine Spirits can preform. Solomon's prologue already talks about the Wish Granting function not requiring the path to the Root being opened.

For true heroic spirit it's because in extra it's tell that them> the current version with CCC
While Mythic Formal Wear is said to bring the servants close to their origin and lets them overpower the Authorities such as BB's Ten Crowns, I doubt there is going to be a point where Full Heroic Spirit Jason is going to be kicking the asses of Lostbelt Kings. The main servants are already exceptional enough rather than that being the norm (Gilgamesh and Nero being Gilgamesh and Nero bullshit, and Tamamo being the brunei of one of the strongest deities and a beast candidate), and the Mystic Formal Wear is a big **** you to BB's conceptual advantage as the Earth Mother Goddess, giving the the Hakuno's servants a status that escapes that conceptual advantage, rather than a trait that all Full Heroic Spirits have.

That dicine spirit many of th are weaker than even servant
It's more that there are a few Servants that can match Divine Spirits rather than Divine Spirits being weaker than servants. The Heroic Spirit status is used as a benchmark of power in FGO, along other status such as Great Hero or Chief God/Demiurge.

And where you see them taling about boost? The mana was only used to changed his nature and invok him as divine spirit, it's never talked abiut a boost and they can't even invok the heroic spirit itself as we litteraly see waver unsummon him like he do for a servant (this prove that it was just a servant version of iskandar that was transformed in divine spirit)
They give him a boost of accumulated faith over 2000 years to make him ascend.

Also I don't see how the master connection stops him from being a full heroic spirit. It's not like the full Heroic Spirit wouldn't have a 'master', since they are supposed to be called by the 'World'. And Iskandar knew of Waver, something that shouldn't happen if he just a servant, since the memories are cut by the Throne when servant summoning happens, and only the full Heroic Spirit gets to have all the memories.

The contradictory nature of full Heroic Spirits is basically what happens to Iskandar in the Case Files:

I cannot properly cognize that figure. It’s as if it consisted of different heights and figures – that of Faker, and the giant Iskander I have only heard about. Due to King Arthur’s summoning, my vision is endlessly close to that of a Servant’s. But I can’t look at that. It’s impossible to process all that excess information and my eyes misrecognize it as dazzling light.

For reference for full Heroic Spirits:

There was no concept of past or future in the Throne. Taking in all of a Heroic Spirit’s memories would create contradictions, such as knowing the outcome of a Grail War they were currently participating in. Their memories were therefore supposedly adjusted to match the time and place to which they were summoned.

“It may be a desperate measure on the part of the Throne to curb the world’s contradictions, even if only slightly, but it is a wasted effort in the face of my eyes, which see through all futures. Analogizing the past based on a future of a different phase is a simple matter.”
•Heroic Spirit summoning
Heroic Spirits are beings cut off from the time axis and can be summoned in any era, regardless of past and future. However, the only one that can summon the main body of the Heroic Spirits is the "world", and alas, humans can't summon the main body and can only summon their emanations, the Servants. Speaking of which, the information (souls) making up the Servants return to the main body at the same time as the death of the Servant, and the main body can know, as records, about the actions of the Servants as if reading a book.

Not sure what you want me to further argue with regards of the equivalence of FGO grails and the Fuyuki Grail, since I already said my piece on it and you didn't bring anything new to discuss besides your disagreement.

As you said, Wish Granting is a thing that can be accomplished just with enough magical energy, something that other entities such as a Divine Spirits can preform. Solomon's prologue already talks about the Wish Granting function not requiring the path to the Root being opened.

While Mythic Formal Wear is said to bring the servants close to their origin and lets them overpower the Authorities such as BB's Ten Crowns, I doubt there is going to be a point where Full Heroic Spirit Jason is going to be kicking the asses of Lostbelt Kings. The main servants are already exceptional enough rather than that being the norm (Gilgamesh and Nero being Gilgamesh and Nero bullshit, and Tamamo being the brunei of one of the strongest deities and a beast candidate), and the Mystic Formal Wear is a big **** you to BB's conceptual advantage as the Earth Mother Goddess, giving the the Hakuno's servants a status that escapes that conceptual advantage, rather than a trait that all Full Heroic Spirits have.

It's more that there are a few Servants that can match Divine Spirits rather than Divine Spirits being weaker than servants. The Heroic Spirit status is used as a benchmark of power in FGO, along other status such as Great Hero or Chief God/Demiurge.

They give him a boost of accumulated faith over 2000 years to make him ascend.

Also I don't see how the master connection stops him from being a full heroic spirit. It's not like the full Heroic Spirit wouldn't have a 'master', since they are supposed to be called by the 'World'. And Iskandar knew of Waver, something that shouldn't happen if he just a servant, since the memories are cut by the Throne when servant summoning happens, and only the full Heroic Spirit gets to have all the memories.

The contradictory nature of full Heroic Spirits is basically what happens to Iskandar in the Case Files:

For reference for full Heroic Spirits:
I know the contrary thing, we have many servant t in extella that scale above the Mystical wear form you knowing? Nero tell herself that Altera with Velber power > The mystical mythology code and we have Artutia that destriy the two in Nameless timeline (+ we have the bullshit of Iskandar FP fighting Altera FP).

Heroic spirit don't have master because their litteraly invok by the World, all the thing of having class and master is a thing to anchor servant. The memory are not really cut, it's just that other summon don't have habitualy the memory of other summon but it alredy show sometines that some can still show having it + fgo prove it that servant can recall thing that not from their own invocation.

The thing of 200year ascent is just to make him a divine spirit because divine spirit need it and it's use too to invok him, it's tell nowhere that it's boost his power

And the contradiction here was mostly because the faker/iskandar merging than anything other (+ we know with maou nobu that servant can be too contradict form lf multiple themselves)

And even with that we have all the thing of even true magician wouldn't be able to invok true heroic spirit, them being higher dimmensionnal being, and moon cell being lower than throne of heroes (+ some servant summon in extra came from the original throne)

I know the contrary thing, we have many servant t in extella that scale above the Mystical wear form you knowing? Nero tell herself that Altera with Velber power > The mystical mythology code and we have Artutia that destriy the two in Nameless timeline (+ we have the bullshit of Iskandar FP fighting Altera FP).

Sefar has an advantage over things pertaking civilization, and all the Mythic Formal Wears are based on some civilization concept (heroes, kings, etc.). Just like they can be used to trump the concept supremacy of the Ten Crowns as the Earth Mother Goddess by putting themselves as another origin, Sefar absorbs civilization, so being the origin of heroes is not going to help much. Artoria is again a compatibility thing against Velber as the Holy Sword wielder.

If anything you could scale Karna, I guess, whose armor and spear are pretty bullshit.

Heroic spirit don't have master because their litteraly invok by the World, all the thing of having class and master is a thing to anchor servant. The memory are not really cut, it's just that other summon don't have habitualy the memory of other summon but it alredy show sometines that some can still show having it + fgo prove it that servant can recall thing that not from their own invocation.
They can have some fragments or feelings, but not the full thing. The only ones that can access the full thing are those with high Clairvoyance, and that's mostly because they are cheating anyways.

The thing of 200year ascent is just to make him a divine spirit because divine spirit need it and it's use too to invok him, it's tell nowhere that it's boost his power
That reasoning is nonsensical. Obviously granting him an elevated status of bneing, to the point that he can make use of Miracles/Wish Granting and being able to be used to bring back the Laws of the Age of God replacing those of the Universe of Awareness, is a pretty massive boost.

Saying that isn't a boost because 'the narrator didn't say "it's a boost"' is one of the weakest arguments that I have read.

Plus going from Heroic to Divine seems to be a boost into itself, considering that going from Divine to Heroic is a 'demotion':

Da Vinci
Heaven includes Divine Spirits demoted to Heroic Spirits,

And the contradiction here was mostly because the faker/iskandar merging than anything other (+ we know with maou nobu that servant can be too contradict form lf multiple themselves)
And that's what Full Heroic Spirits. Beings of legends that encompass simultaneously all the tales and facts of a figure. Demon King Nobu is indeed also pretty close to what you could expect from a Heroic Spirit, except without the lightshow part.

And even with that we have all the thing of even true magician wouldn't be able to invok true heroic spirit, them being higher dimmensionnal being, and moon cell being lower than throne of heroes (+ some servant summon in extra came from the original throne)
It doesn't seem to be a matter of them being higher dimensional beings. Demon Gods and Divine Spirits are already higher dimensional beings. It seems to be a matter of authority. The World/Counter Force is what has the right over the Throne and the full summoning ritual, as explained in London.

Where was it said that the Moon Cell was lower? Do you have the quote? It has its own records and Heroic Spirits.

Mash
It's one of the seven Evils of Humanity: Beast I, a Beast of Disaster.

Goetia
Correct. I was–no, WE were created by human hands.

Goetia
I am a higher-dimension being that no longer requires flesh and blood. I was granted greater powers than humans and once lived to serve them.

Goetia
But that is no longer the case.
I am done with humans.

Goetia
Once, there was a king who was omnipotent and omniscient. He was given these powers by God.

Goetia
His eyes could see the past and future, and know all there was to know about the world. We became that man's shadow and saw what he saw.

Goetia
—No, as we were his guardian spirit, we had no choice but to synchronize with him.

Da Vinci
Even in this era, the gods are gone.
They've fulfilled their role and vanished.

Da Vinci
The present theory is that they exist as hollow Divine Spirits on a higher plane, watching over the world.
Ishtar
Well, the original me, Inanna in the higher dimensions, isn't as humanlike as my current form.

But yeah, let's drop the Heroic Spirit thing here. Just quote me in whatever other thread if you want to continue this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back