• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Mega CRT Part 1: 1-A Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of topic , if the revisions are done , wouldn't shiki can operated her abilities on 1-A potent ?

Take a shot everytime someone brings up something unrelated to this revision. Fun challenge.

I mean, i guess the Root kinda is like the Ain Soph, but like
There's no need to bring it up.
Quoting someone on Discord. This is the reason why i brought up the Ain Soph/Ein Soph stuff

"It's basically Ain Soph ish Where its "name" is actually 「 」 but since naming it would define it by something, that name automatically doesn't apply, no matter what descriptions you try giving to it, those instantly become something different from 「 」. Like how applying any description to Ain Soph doesn't work as that's limiting it to something, and even "boundless" can't describe what it is."

"Akasha and [] are the same thing but due to some Ain Soph mumbo jumbo you can't describe it as Akasha The guidebook entry just seems to be referring to how you can't call it Akasha because it's no longer defined as [] as a result So what I'm saying here is that the description of [] means another 1-A feat for Akasha"

"Like how if you define Ain Soph by anything, even "boundless", it's not actually that because that's limiting it to something."

" It's like Ain Soph from the Kabbalah It's entirely boundless, so you can't apply any description to it, as that's binding it to something."

Tier 1-A isn't where i am knowledgeable at though. So i can't make sense of it. I just thought I would bring it up

I don't agree

Damn, you got me.

Unrelated but this is going much better than expected. Not even talking about the changes being accepted, just the level of decency and respect users are showing each other.

It's nice. Doesn't usually happen with Nasu threads.

May I ask, I got info from my friend who plays VN Nasuverse, My friend once gave me the feats Void shiki can't see the Arceuid death line And also void shiki is connected to Root, if void shiki So 1A can Arceuid become 1A too, ok because I am a little confused about Void shiki so 1A I ask for your help playing VN

I'm agree although i have zero-knowledge about nasu , funnily we can do the match oblivion vs the root

for the first three translations, isnt the site used for them somewhat known for taking alot of liberties with translations?

I double checked them with someone who actually speaks japanese, and although the translation of the novels is kinda bad the meaning of those sections is intact.

It's also not really important as that section just serves to introduce what the Root, as a concept, is to people.

Speaking of, High 1-A tickle monsters will be a thing. Between that, 1-A Shinza and 1-A Natsu, the week has been.....eventful.

May I ask, I got info from my friend who plays VN Nasuverse, My friend once gave me the feats Void shiki can't see the Arceuid death line And also void shiki is connected to Root, if void shiki So 1A can Arceuid become 1A too, ok because I am a little confused about Void shiki so 1A I ask for your help playing VN
Those are assumptions, void shiki never existed in melty blood but was a key combo for assasin shiki summoned up by the gaia, to further discuss this, void shiki refers to nihilism, if there is no harm to shiki she lit, wouldn't care if there are threats to humanity, "shiki" root, traces the origins of everything, not like assasin shiki, who can see the lines of death and trace it, they are different keys.

If Ultima agreed then I suppose it makes sense with the wiki standards. (Kudos for making this big CRT btw)

I have a slight problem with Unified Language though, and it scaling to "Root-level".

From what I was told, Unified Language is the "truth" spoken before humans became scattered across the world and can directly draw from the records, memories, and phenomena recorded in the Swirl of the Root. It is spoken directly through the soul, and rejecting the words of the Unified Language would be the same as rejecting your own existence.

However, those who have a direct connection to the Root have resistance to it, as seen with Ryougi basically telling the guy to frick off. So it's not like they're on equal footing at all. I'd say it's more on the level of Origins than the Root itself, as it simply draws on the Root much like they do.
But there's nothing to indicate the Unified Language is the same as the Root, as those who functionally "are" the Root have negged it.

It is connected to the Root, but it's not on the level of the Root. Like, we've seen what people who have connections to the Root can do and it blatantly trounces anything the only user of the Unified Language has ever done.

To give a comparison, a Master of Bable could command you to "go blind" and you would literally go blind. On the contrary, Ryougi has killed entire Mobius Strips, confirmed futures, and the feats attributed to her third personality make rearranging the entire laws of the universe an Tuesday.

Manaka, another character with a similar connection to the Root like Ryougi, can rearrange events within a timeline and all sorts of stuff.

TL;DR : Basically, Unified Language is only "connected" to it and the "depth" of connection depends on the individual. It being by default Root-level is very ehhh. So I disagree with its automatic "1-A level hax" rating.

Also, the Unified Language is explicitly stated to be incapable of influencing the natural world, so it only works on humans

Last edited:
I fail to see how someone with a connection to the root being slightly resistant to it means it's not on equal footing

If they were completely unable to resist it, that'd actually imply that it's on a higher level than the others connected to it.

And people born with a connection to the root having reality warping abilities while this doesn't also doesn't seem like a good reason for them not to scale. They do different things, one is meant to work on humans, and so it does, the other one is a more general use of the root's power.

The unified language also explicitly resonates with the root.

In any case, it has also shown to work on Shiki

"“That is not what you will do, Miss Shiki,” the mage says with an air of authority as if to emphasize a point. I should be at him by now, making him regret those words. But instead, they somehow hold me in place, preventing me from performing an action that something inside me tells me is purely wrong, even as my mind says everything about it is right."

"The mental block still makes moving difficult, but I manage to pump
strength into my legs to close the distance, raise my hand—
Your sight is lost.”
I hear his voice for a split second, and in that vital moment, it echoes in my mind like an undeniable truth. The next thing I know, I see neither hide nor hair of Satsuki Kurogiri, and my knife swings only at empty air."

This next one is where her slight resistance comes from, and even then, she's affected

Your Eyes will not avail you here.”
The statement echoes confidently above and below the chapel, and darkness rapidly begins to curtain everything. Through his words, I am deprived of even the faintest light in moments, and become surrounded by a world of darkness.
“Hmph. The first tongue has less effect on you than I expected,” he grumbles. “The connection of both of our spells to the spiral of origin grants you some measure of resistance perhaps. But in the end, the death you cling so close to remains unseen. As does everything else"

This is also despite his usage of it not being as good as it could be

"Godword is the only known one able to reproduce this universal language, and work his Art through the high speech. He communicates to all men, a channel through which that demiurgic force, that ultimate origin passes through. That his lack of talent for magehood prevents him from truly using it dangerously is a blessing for us.”

Here is a quote also explicitly saying it taps into and uses Akasha

“If the medium of words is used, yes. But the man is different. He speaks not truly to men and beast, but to the soul in them that still contains that last connection to something higher. There is always a part of us that is culled from that primeval spiral of origin, and when the high speech speaks to the soul, our fallen selves are compelled to obey. To deny it is to ontologically deny the very structure of reality, and thus impossible. An absolute language, that starts from statement and then proceeds to become truth. It is the ultimate form of hypnotism. He accesses the Akashic Record unconsciously, and through the high speech, taps into it to channel his will. It’s how he draws forth the memory, not from your mind, but from the Record of things past that reality still contains."

"It's basically Ain Soph ish Where its "name" is actually 「 」 but since naming it would define it by something, that name automatically doesn't apply, no matter what descriptions you try giving to it, those instantly become something different from 「 」. Like how applying any description to Ain Soph doesn't work as that's limiting it to something, and even "boundless" can't describe what it is."

"Akasha and [] are the same thing but due to some Ain Soph mumbo jumbo you can't describe it as Akasha The guidebook entry just seems to be referring to how you can't call it Akasha because it's no longer defined as [] as a result So what I'm saying here is that the description of [] means another 1-A feat for Akasha"

"Like how if you define Ain Soph by anything, even "boundless", it's not actually that because that's limiting it to something."

" It's like Ain Soph from the Kabbalah It's entirely boundless, so you can't apply any description to it, as that's binding it to something."

just listing off some quotes i saw on a Nasuverse Discord Server

I just want to copy and paste this here in case this got missed.. This is why i mentioned Ain Soph/Ein Sof..

I feel its relevant, but its not my area of expertise.. in fact i have 0 knowledge on tier 1-A..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back