• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
Thread number three. Let's keep up the good work folks. As before, this is a board to discuss anything Nasuverse related. However, please refrain from discussing real-world mythology on this thread, as it tends to derail it.

"The sky is scraping away. This Noble Phantasm could destroy the world itself."

Furthermore, in the original novel, The World being sucked into the void of nothingness and was only held together by Enkidu. As KamiYasha said, their battle was described as, "The world was destroyed and recreated seven times."

Then there's the fact that Gilgamesh beats Kiara Sessyoin, who becomes large enough to literally stuff Earth in her nether regions in her battle with the player in Fate/Extra CCC.

On top of that, Prisma Illya's Gilgamesh completely annihilated the Mirror World, a Reality Marble large enough to encompass all of Earth.

Calling it anything less than Planet level is horrific downplaying.

Eh, that statement goes further than just "Servant can't blow up Planet" anyway, it'll need a little bit more analysis. In Nasuverse context, Planet isn't the same as the world anyway. That Da Vinci statement practically says 2 things

1. You can't blow a Planet (in Nasuverse context) as a Servant

2. Even if you can, the Planet's defense will ultimately cockblock you. And Counter Force does it's job nicely when it comes to ensuring that the Planet wouldn't blow up

What it means that even if a Servant is capable of blowing up the Planet, the Planet itself has the means to ensure that it wouldn't happen. Throw some Servant into a Planet without any counter measure to something blowing them up like Nasuverse's Planet and they'll blow it up just fine

The mayor flaws with the statements are:

Does Da vinci or Sherlock known how powerfull a Top servant is? When Da vinci says: "Even if such thing as a Anti-Planet Noble Phantasm exist"...She doesn't know if exist or not.

While it's true that the Planet has its countermeasures...Enkidu's own Enuma Elish borrows the power from the Counter Force to be able to stop Gil's Enuma Elish.

If it were Enkidu/Gil or a god saying it, it would be somewhat credible.

Leaving aside Origin servants that no one knows anything about it.

well i was wondering if it were possible to somehow send a question to a credible source in order to verify the levels of certain NPs

Is that possible?

@TLT1

I highly doubt it. The main reason being is the fact that Nasu is a known troll and is incredibly contradictory at times. For example, Void Shiki is able to completely destroy and remake the universe however she likes, but Nasu insists that she would only be able to fight a defensive battle against Servants.

Reppuzan said:
@TLT1
I highly doubt it. The main reason being is the fact that Nasu is a known troll and is incredibly contradictory at times. For example, Void Shiki is able to completely destroy and remake the universe however she likes, but Nasu insists that she would only be able to fight a defensive battle against Servants.
maybe thats because of different statements at different times. Maybe you can bring up why a universe buster should have any problems with beings who cant even destroy stars?

@TLT1

The only reason I can possibly think of is the fact that Void Shiki is in a human vessel.

Despite this, even her regular 9-B state can slash apart concepts like predestination, the future, distance, mind control, and kill things that lack the concept of dying.

Void Shiki is still able to easily obliterate the concepts of distance, time, space, life, evolution, and other things with a thought, and the only reason why it doesn't do so is the fact that the personality is too apathetic to care.

@TLT1

I don't exactly know where to find him since I can't find his Twitter account.

Reppuzan said:
@TLT1
I don't exactly know where to find him since I can't find his Twitter account.
Does he have some kind of an account other than twitter where he can answer fan questions ?

So... has anyone heard of the Fate/Extra CCC Fox Tail manga? It's an alternate take on the events of Fate/Extra CCC that focuses on the High Servants.

It has some pretty gnarly feats, like Gawain tanking Vasavi Shakti with his Numeral of the Saint, an Endurance Buff from Leonardo, and diverting the attack by slashing it. Granted, Karna was gimped by Jinako as usual, but what do you all think?

I've been reading Fox Tail for a while now. Gawain tanking Vasavi Shakti looked like PIS the first time i saw it, and it still does.

Extra CCC Fox Tail canonsity is debatable.

It tooks place with some wierd settings, has game mechanics (Lol 3 turns debuff against Kavacha and Kundala).

@KamiYasha

And it really sticks to Extra's game mechanics (i.e. Leo deactivating Kavacha and Kundala).

@Llama

Yup, an EX-Rank Anti-Divine Noble Phantasm, said to reduce everything from Heroic Spirits, Divine Beasts, and Divine Spirits to nothing with its use.

@Llama

Granted, it wasn't a "true" use of Vasavi Shakti since he gave his armor to Jinako to protect her in case he fell, so he therefore wasn't using it at its full power.

I really don't know if we can consider the feat as "something". What tier would be that? Island level? that will put him leagues above Arturia.

Like i said it's canonsity is doubtfull, even more with the game mechanics...although yes it matches Extra's mechanics...but i'm sot sure at all.

I'd say it was a PIS too, since it doesn't really seem likely and I don't know how strong the Vasavi Shakti was.

But Damn. Why do we not get a Karna with a GOAT master? Would be a pretty cool story.

@Llama

Actually, in Fate/Extella, Hakuno Kishinami (whose body, soul, and mind act as the masters for Nero's, Tamamo's, and Altera's squads) is hooked up to the Moon Cell and thus given a limitless supply of mana. That's the closest you'll get to an unrestrained Karna, as he's even shooting lightning bolts everywhere (even if Brahmastra Kundala has a disappointingly low range).

@Reppuzan

Ah I see, didin't know about that.

I'd still like to see a master like Kiritsugu and Karna paired together though. Would make a very interesting dynamic.

@Llama

The problem with that arrangement is the fact that Karna is so ludicrously draining that Kiritsugu would have a hard time doing much of anything while sustaining Karna.

@Reppuzan

A Master like Kiritsugu, not Kiritsugu lol.

And, any idea how much mana can be provided by Prelati's Spellbook?

LlamaGod1411 said:
And, any idea how much mana can be provided by Prelati's Spellbook?

umm, limitless? its said to be Prana Reactor after all. Then again, Arturia's Magic Core is one too and she still need Master's prana to stay in the World...

Hm, Attila's sword was once Ares'. 'Tear Drop Photon Ray', sounds kinda 'sciency' and it kinda looks 'futuristic'. I mean, I'd not be surprised if there is some kind of interface/buttons on it.

Its kinda... Out of Place for such sword to be on god's hands IMO... It doesn't scream 'antique' or 'old' as other Nasuverse's weapon seems to be.

I think that calc is gonna cover the Excaliblast + water thingy.

This one is about speed.

I mean, his logic is sound, but at the same time Bellerophon's in-story speed of 500 km/h (which is Subsonic) is treated as a huge deal.

I'm not sure if the Speed of Light combat speed statements are just typical Japanese flowery language.

Can we even treat Excalibur as real light here? Because there's not a single statement explicitly saying that it travels at the speed of light, just that it turns into light, which could just be the usual light magic that's not actually lightspeed, and that it accelerates, which just means it's faster than Saber's regular attacks.

@Reppu If Bellerophon's stated speed was a problem, i'm pretty sure we wouldn't have every Servant at Hypersonic+.

@NEH

I know, but I'm talking about the flowery "fighting at the speed of light" statements.

Second Apocrypha PV. Release date at the end.

First Heaven's Feel movie comes out on October 14th. This is not fake like last time, because this information comes from either the TM stream that they did today, or AnimeJapan. It's an official announcement from Type-Moon.

Fate/Extra CCC Collab event confirmed for Grand Order. The scenario will be written by Nasu, and only players that cleared Part 1 can participate. No date for this one so far.

GUDAGUDA Event Part 2 confirmed for Mid-April, which probably means it starts on the 7th. Featuring this guy, who is apparently a Berserker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back