• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 23

To me it seems like the qualification of "having to do something no human can do with just training", which doesn't make sense when we have Servants like Leonidas, Dumas, and Andersen.

Honestly, the rule that you have to do something humans can't do with training is more and more nonsense by the second.

Not sure why it doesn't make sense when they are there. The 300 Thermopylae battle is both a great feat and just pretty ingrained as a popular and famous thing. Not many writers have also reached the level of those 2 despite how many writers have existed and exist through time. To that you then add the difference of ages since spreading out in those times wasn't as easy as today.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Maybe I got a little confused, what do you mean by training?

By spreading out I meant just, becoming popular in places far beyond.
Another funky rule is that you can't have Servants from the future because they mostly use guns, which are supposedly the only weapon that you can be skilled with if you have proper training apparently, so their feats are considered to be not enough.

Problem is that weapons of the past can also be mastered with training, and many feats are done due to a hero's training or can be accomplished as such. I highly doubt someone with special training would be incapable of anything Drake or Leonidas did.

@Dragon

Stephen Hawking, Disney, Bruce Lee, and Lindbergh are all people born in the past 100 years who could be considered legendary enough to qualify, even if they would all be shit Servants not worth summoning.

Honestly, I think Disney might actually make a OK servant, considering the sheer size of his legend and creations in comparison to what had been done at the time. Sure, Parameters would be weak, but his NP would probably make up for it like Andersen, Dumas, and Shakespeare.

Just my head canon there though.

Disney would have a crazy strong NP tbh. When both the man amd company can just be conflated to be the same thing, what else is he known for aside from adapting and rewriting legends? After learning the identty of a Servant, you could easily say that he can simply remove, alter or add in anecdotes to their legend. With some wank, he changes whats recorded in the Throne.

Yobo Blue said:
Another funky rule is that you can't have Servants from the future because they mostly use guns, which are supposedly the only weapon that you can be skilled with if you have proper training apparently, so their feats are considered to be not enough.

Problem is that weapons of the past can also be mastered with training, and many feats are done due to a hero's training or can be accomplished as such. I highly doubt someone with special training would be incapable of anything Drake or Leonidas did.
Except the question that made up that 'rule' was for "modern heroes like archer, loaded in modern weapons". Not just "modern heroes". In Nasu's eyes, heroes like that would mostly get their fame directed to their weapons than them themselves.

And personally, I don't think people would just replicate what Leonidas and Drake did because "special training".

Maybe not Drake, but definitely Leonidas. Holding off a much larger army is entirely possible, even without proper training in the modern day.

Case in point. WW2 Battle of Lanzerath Ridge

AnonymousBlank said:
Disney would have a crazy strong NP tbh. When both the man amd company can just be conflated to be the same thing, what else is he known for aside from adapting and rewriting legends? After learning the identty of a Servant, you could easily say that he can simply remove, alter or add in anecdotes to their legend. With some wank, he changes whats recorded in the Throne.
He'd probably be somewhere between Shakespeare and Dumas in terms of capability.

Yeah, but that'd be comparing a force 25 times bigger where both had guns and stalling for about 20 hours versus (at least in Nasuverse) Leonidas stalling around against a force 300 times the size of his, constantly for 3 days and likely lasting even longer if Ephialtes hadn't been a dick. It is an incredibly achievement, but personally I don't put it on the same level as letting the Greek World reform a proper army lest they all get drained down the toilet.

Was there explicitly only 300 Spartans and none of the other Thousands of back up troops in the Nasuverse version?

AnonymousBlank said:
Such Downplay, Blank. Obviously Walt Disney is the Throne of Heroes, making new stories and movies to keep the Akashic Records entertained using heroes.

Nah, from what I read there were explicitly allied Greek forces at the Battle of Thermopylae even in the Nasuverse version. The only difference was that the 300 Spartans didn't have help from 700 Thespians to make the rearguard, and they barely count in real life anyway.

Yobo Blue said:
Nah, from what I read there were explicitly allied Greek forces at the Battle of Thermopylae even in the Nasuverse version. The only difference was that the 300 Spartans didn't have help from 700 Thespians to make the rearguard, and they barely count in real life anyway.
So the factor of difference for Leonidas is more like 19x in the Nasuverse version and 18x in real life.

If we're doing it specifically on the training issue and not the modern thing, Yi Sun Shin didn't lose a single ship throughout his entire military career despite being outnumbered in every battle and actually winning the Korean-Japanese naval war, despite the fact that A. Hideyoshi was leading Japan at that time and B. Not having any naval training. He even trashed 130 ships with 12. Where Leonidas had years of training (he was in his sixties and you know how Spartans are with training.)

The reason why other troops aren't usually mentioned when talking about Thermopylae is because they don't add anything special when compared to Spartans.

Nah, they were certainly a influential part. They just weren't there to see it through to the end like the Spartans and Thespians, and the Thespians were the most useless.

Back