• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 22

ShinyMagicalGirl said:
... And while we're at it, find more justification for 8D Fateverse hehe
if you want 1 di fate verse. were going to need a lot more High 2-A, and 2-A feats lol

Well in Extella it said that if there's infinite timeline, the universe wouldnt last a hundred years.

Yeah, that's what I remembered as well

Which is why the world cuts down on universes infinitely, and uses Quantum Time-Locks to stop the timelines from infinitely branching.

Unless the MoonCell is specifically involved somehow int he multiverse. i don't think it can be used to apply a rating to anyone +... I don't think the wiki would accept it..

I also think Nasuverse would be at a disadvanatge with other characters in said tier due to regen capabilties, or an expansive list of hax, but that's irrelevant to this.

Here's the explanation:

"Though the "Universe" permits the birth of unlimited possibilities, countless Adjacent Worlds, and divergent developments of history, as the unrestricted propagation of this process would quickly exhaust the Universe's lifespan, those extraneous Worlds removed of the category of "timelines characterized by strength and stability" are periodically culled by the existence known as the World so as to prevent the needless expenditure of energy."

So yes, the Universe does houses infinite universes, but the Counter Force/World removes millions of these all the time, kinda like the Kagutsuchi thing in SMT where he blinks away universes.

Got this from the TYPE-MOON wiki.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Unless the MoonCell is specifically involved somehow int he multiverse. i don't think it can be used to apply a rating to anyone +... I don't think the wiki would accept it..
I also think Nasuverse would be at a disadvanatge with other characters in said tier due to regen capabilties, or an expansive list of hax, but that's irrelevant to this.
Hey, I can dream! I'd like to believe there's an alternate universe where this is true, heh.

Also I think Fate could manage a bit in the 2-A tier if they ever got there.

They could probably be upper end mid tier's, maybe????

but to get tier 2-A nasuverse were going to need a crap ton of multiverse level feats lol but im going to try and focus on Saint Seiya verse, and give it some love, but it'll likely go nowhere.

Yeah, all we have are statements so far.

1) Universe can make infinite universes 2) Goetia's "infinite possibilities" NP 3) Last Encore's Chakravartin feat 4) Amaterasu "can destroy the multiverse"/3000 worlds in Buddhism 5) Arjuna Alter resets the Universe multiple times (This I'm unsure)

These are far from enough, sadly. We need more concrete feats. Some of these aren't even legit! Damn it Nasu, make Lostbelt 5 have Zeus just flatout destroy the multiverse lol

Least we have Super Karna juiced up with Shiva and Vishnu

Also if the next Lostbelt really is Greek please let the big bad be Typhon, please Nasu

Typhon the God of monsters? I can see it being plausible, but considering the leaked location i saw on facebook (assuming its true.) i think its very unlikely.

Is less that the universe creates infinite timelines, but rather permits them being created due to the existence of probability. But the Universe doesn't have infinite energy, it can't let infinite amounts of these exist. So after a certain amount of time, most timelines (the ones that are too perfect or too hellish to change in anyway or those that aren't really anything different from other ones) are culled to save the universe a lot of energy. Then a Quantum Time Lock is put into place so that history is constant and can't be changed. This is why Sayaka wants the Holy Grail in Fate Prototype, she can go as far as alter reality and make Britain eternal as Arthur wishes by her ability to connect to the root and **** around with reality, but she can only manage as much as her circuits allow and even though they are unlike any other circuits in the world, she has far too little, and the Quantum Time Lock would just give her the middle finger and keep the course of history as it is. So she wants the grail as super batteries with which to overcharge and blow off the Quantum Time Lock to pieces.

And no, there's no infinite timelines, there's just the possibility for them to grow infinitely if the world didn't cull them off for the universe to keep on existing. This is a big difference. Likewise, they aren't being culled by the millions all the time, they are culled the moment a new Quantime Timelock is put that down that makes sure the events until that point can't be altered by time fuckery, which happens every one hundred years or something like that. You can even see what timelines continue existing in Extella by the end.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Is less that the universe creates infinite timelines, but rather permits them being created due to the existence of probability. But the Universe doesn't have infinite energy, it can't let infinite amounts of these exist. So after a certain amount of time, most timelines (the ones that are too perfect or too hellish to change in anyway or those that aren't really anything different from other ones) are culled to save the universe a lot of energy.
So why does it decide to destroy those?

I am not sure how much to trust anyone but Zelretch regarding things like that, Aguila. For one, Rin literally didn't even understand very well how to truly make the Jeweled Sword of Zelretch and they had to skip some loops by having Shirou trace it from memories.

@Dragon

Because apparently, what the world wants is change for some reason. Perfect worlds have no reason to change because everything is perfect like a paradise. Hellish words where everything is chaos and things getting better is nigh impossible likewise, so they are worthless and discarded.

I am not sure how much to trust anyone but Zelretch regarding things like that

Those are lines from the narrator, it's not Rin's monologue.

Diinou HotHead said:
Could have something about Poseido
Well Poseidon is already dead. It was said in the 2nd LB. 5th LB is being attack by a hundred servant in the sea.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
@Dragon

Because apparently, what the world wants is change for some reason. Perfect worlds have no reason to change because everything is perfect like a paradise. Hellish words where everything is chaos and things getting better is nigh impossible likewise, so they are worthless and discarded.
So for example, the timeline where Heroic Spirits are able to be summoned is kept around because it had changes like the Age of the Gods to the current Age?

AguilaR101 said:
I am not sure how much to trust anyone but Zelretch regarding things like that
Those are lines from the narrator, it's not Rin's monologue.
Then I'll take the statements of the game that actually goes in depth about it rather than one off statements in the visual novel from more than a decade ago. Plus, a third person narrator doesn't translate to an all knowing translator. It could very well be talking with knowledge from Rin's perspective.

@Dragon

Kinda? The general idea is that there is not gonna be many deviations coming from a timeline where change is nearly impossible, it's just there taking space and energy from the universe while doing nothing new, with universes like a perfect paradise or universes that are like unchangeable hell falling first on that line. I actually think there was some mention somewhere of how that story where everyone has an Heroic Spirit would likely be culled as well because the world was so perfect, but am not sure.

Would that really qualify as perfect though? I remember Iskandar wanting to start World War 3 after getting the grail or something. Seems like the world would be pretty chaotic.

As a fighter, relatively high depending where he went. As an actual alchemist... hard to say. Actually being able to exchange matter for matter in such a wide range could be seen as very useful... but likewise extremely ******* limited and nearly useless without anything else to take advantage of it.

And that's to old style alchemists. New style ones would likely look at him funny.

@Dragon

There's no hard criteria, just think of a world without a possibility for change. A lot could have ended up happening if Iskander actually started World War 3, and a lot could also still happen with the changed world after his death however it ended up happening since his war would change a lot of things. But if the war was so terrible that the world ended up a shithole that could never recover, or continously keep the war going with no chance of things ever being different, then it gets culled.

Right, but I meant in the sense in that Iskandar would be an example of a Servant that would cause a very BIG change in the world if left to his own devices and Fate/Requiem literally has everyone having Servants. I don't think it would ever run out of change and the different Aligned Servants stop each other from turning the World into a complete paradise or hell.

Well, if there's some other statement that changes it to infinite maybe, but as of right now it's only "potentially could expand infinitely".

An actual infinity and growing infinitely aren't the same. And the only mention of infinite I know about is that scene from the visual novel.

The mere fact that they can divide so much they could be called Countless puts it way above in the 2-B Tier. 1001 is the baseline, and a completely countable number.

Isn't 1001 the baseline for when it is called countless? I remember people assuming that was the case for Dragon Ball because of a "countless" statement before people explained the 2-B levels for it in a thread.

Personally that would make literally no sense to me when we have the likes of BB and Gilgamesh who can look into the countless possibilities and that's what they are called, instead of an arbitrary and honestly very small number like 1001.

As for your other comment dragon, is that in Fate/Requiem everyone has a Servant but like, conflict barely even exists. People don't age, the cure to all illness is found, the Holy Grail made everything nearly perfect. Anomalies like the protagonist, her job and whatever was happening in the story that changed the status quo certainly make it changeable, but without those Fate/Requiem would certainly get culled. In Inskander's case, there's lots of change possible both before, during, and after the war, there's a lot of chance for anything to happen. Therefore, it's very different from Fate/Requiem.

I mean, if the circumstances around the protagonist still make no actual change in the world of Requiem or something else does, such a calm and unchanging place is too parasidical and is gonna get culled because it is likely not going anywhere else.

Back