• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 22

I mean, probably, I think.

They are the Angles closest to God, and Michael's name means "Who is like God". Metatron in Jewish lore was said to be one of the most powerful entities, maybe even second, naturally behind only God himself.

Also, I believe that to this in Catholicism, Michel is commonly treated as the most powerful entity that isn't God himself, or one of his aspects.

Angles are incredibly powerful, yes.

Yobo Blue said:
calling them aspects is heresy ovo </div>
I know yours is a joke, but I mean that he isn't something like the father, the Son or the Holy Spirit, which you could consider to be aspects.

It's really hard to measure how powerful certain angels are because there are so many texts that tell different story. But, archangel Michael is definitely the strongest being after God. After that it's impossible. You could put Lucifer, Samael, some of the good archangels. Azazel etc.

IDK. Looking at it, generally the scaling chain goes

1. God

2. Michael

3. Lucifer

After that it's a mess

Not sure if this is derailing tho

Probably? Dragon Riding apparently requires a different kind of ability than the normal riding skill.

The only reasons Quetz can ride them is she's a god of dragons, and even Martha can also ride dragons while having A++ rank Riding. Although I assume that has to do with having Tarasque as her mount.

What exactly are the requirements to be a Divine Beast again? I've heard it's that you have to have at least a thousand years worth of mystery.

Would the throne of heroes be able to copy or House Gods? Like, The One Above All pre-retcon level characters? No, right?

What if that being has the potential for Tier 0 God stuff but never learned how to do it on command— meaning they still have that hidden power and strength in them but can't all on it willingly?

Also, would you say that someone immune to soul manipulation would be incapable of being caught by the throne of heroes?

It's not soul manip, info analysis would be a better term for what it does. The Throne records legends, it doesn't stick the souls of the Heroes inside of it.

Talking about souls in a way, does anyone remember something in relation to Servants being able to fight while in Spirit Form or them being able to harm other Servants who are in said form?

I was told of this by Ever yesterday and I think someone here may have said this a while back but IDK who nor when it happened. Seems like a good topic to talk about as this may possibly even get rid of the "cannot fight in spirit form" weakness, but I wanted to ask if anyone here knows when and/or where that happened by any chance?

But it removes the soul from the cycle of reincarnation though.

I mean, for my stuff, I could just say that it doesn't move the Soul itself but warps laws and the astral plane and shit around the Soul to make it exempt from those phenomena however they come about. Everything else is just info manipulation and creation/copying Souls into whatever period they're summoned into. At worse, I'd say the Throne of Heroes and the Counterforce could recreate the circumstances that created the characters soul if they can't manipulate the Soul's building blocks/molecules/pieces or whatever.

Afaik, the fighting in spirit form argument comes from the UBW anime where Cu shanks Shirou while in spirit form before materializing and Archer doing the same when catching Rin.

Problem with the first is that the VN says that Cu materializes first and then stabs Shirou. Can't remember the second but its probably different in the VN than the anime.

It's what the wiki said. Lol.

I mean, it makes sense, if the soul is the basis for the spirit, then you can't have that spirit fighting its reincarnation. Or else we get some of the horrible shit that happened to Shiro when fighting Archer. Bad bad headaches and memories from a life you haven't even lived yet.

Someone make that a fanfic plot point. You're welcome.

And what Amexim said is true. Copying information is what the Moon Cell does, while the Throne of Heroes pluck the soul of heroes from the cycle of reincarnation. So they don't go to Akasha to be scrubbed clean and go into a new body, rather they are eternally preserved in a place outside the stream of time.

Any servant that is summoned is nothing more than a fabricated soul that is then made to take on the characteristics of the Servant's true soul, a near perfect copy. That is why the third magic of the Einzberns, even if incomplete, was necessary to make the Holy Grail, partially incarnating the soul.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I feel like people forgot the next thread was already posted. Or maybe you all just wanna exhaust the left over comments.
Link us up and I'll close this.

Amexim said:
But it removes the soul from the cycle of reincarnation though.

I mean, for my stuff, I could just say that it doesn't move the Soul itself but warps laws and the astral plane and shit around the Soul to make it exempt from those phenomena however they come about. Everything else is just info manipulation and creation/copying Souls into whatever period they're summoned into. At worse, I'd say the Throne of Heroes and the Counterforce could recreate the circumstances that created the characters soul if they can't manipulate the Soul's building blocks/molecules/pieces or whatever.
Amexim said:
I should make a thread that's about using this thread to make your own Grail War. Or maybe we can do that here too. A cross fiction holy grail war Rp thread would be cool.

Or maybe I just want to imagine "Rider" Captain Falcon doing crazy shit. I want him to win and get his ******* Wish Granted.
These two things aren't related, are they?

Back