• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 17

@Iap: Tbf Everlasting really ain't got nothing better to do sans RL stuff seeing as the only things he does is grind on FGo and, in his own words, "help from the beyond" or something like that.

Plus he kinda does things ahead of time or later after he does drafts of characters he happens to have interest in so maybe that's also what plays into his factor kek

Edit: Thinking about it, that second part of him is probably the only reason besides calling dibs on the characters. And I know this by DM from this guy about it anyways in our talks.

Why the hell would that be the case? Hell, There are Multiple Grand Order events and servants that directly link the 2 so that doesn't function as an interpretation.

I mean, I don't mind if it is considered canon, in fact I'd totally be up for that, but there were so many debates a while ago about the canonicity of Prillya that I just stopped bothering with it.

@Regis

Got it, so Prisma Illya itself isn't canon, but the carbon copy paste equivolent of them are. If it makes you feel better than go ahead, but it doesn't actually change anything at all.

Face it, its canon, just in that weird part of the Nasuverse were the Hentai portions, Berserk Arc, all of the events that work completely counter to a servants established character, and the grand order events that no one want to talk about except that they introduced a key character so you can't write it off as filler (cough cough, the one with Saber Balthory introing Cleo) exist. If there is PIS out the ass than so be it. I can guarantee that any **** ups it had weren't as big as the one that Apoc pulled with ending, or most of the **** ups that happen due to grand order events

Look, the creator of Prillya confirmed it's not canon to the rest of the Nasuverse, it runs on different mechanics not supervised by Nasu and the events are left as pretty ambiguous regarding how canon they are. So yeah, headcanoning stuff as if you're correct rather than accepting that Prillya is a joke is dumb.

First off, scans. Second off, they also said that Fate/Zero isn't canon, which we know is wrong. It runs on very similar mechanics but in a different system, and just The same could be said about the psuedo servants in grand order. The events themselves have to be canon, despite what I would like in many cases, because they have grounding to the actual canon that can't be swept aside. The canon origin for Cleo ending up in Chaldea is tied to the Saber Liz event so you can't sweep it under the rug. That's the issue. Whether or not the events themselves are canon, or just a carbon copy of it is, doesn't really matter in the long run. Its just as much headcanon to say it isn't canon as to say that it is. You also need to learn the difference between an interpritation and head canon.

I may not like Prima Illya, but sweeping it under the rug just cuz you don't like it is intellectually dishonest

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Lancer Diarmuid stuff
Considering that Lancer Diarmuid's FGO Mats entry also lists his two spears as his only NPs while mentioning his swords. It's quite clear that his swords were already thought out nps, as Saber Diarmuid already had his design and stuff featured in the E Pulibrus CM.

There's a summary of it on BL. Basically the leftover of Saber Diarmuid's spirit borrows Lancer Diarmuid's Saint Graph to fight a Elf King that can only be defeated using swords. If Lancer Diarmuid could use swords Saber Diarmuid wouldn't need to do that.

Q. ÒâùÒâ¬Òâñ1ÕÀ╗ÕÀ╗µ£½Òü«þö¿Þ¬×ÚøåÒü½µø©ÒüïÒéîÒüªÒéïÚ¡öÞíôÚûóõ┐éÒü«Þ¿¡Õ«ÜÒü»

ÒÇÇÒÇÇÒé¬ÒâòÒéúÒéÀÒâúÒâ½Þ¿¡Õ«ÜÒü¿ÞÇâÒüêÒüªÒüäÒüäÒü«´╝ƒ

A. ÒüäÒéäÒÇüõ║îµ¼íÕëÁõ¢£Òü«Þ¿¡Õ«ÜÒü¿ÞÇâÒüêÒüªÒüÅÒüáÒüòÒüäÒÇé

ÒÇÇÒÇÇÕăõ¢£Òü«õ©ûþòîÞª│ÒéÆÕúèÒüòÒü¬Òüäþ»äÕø▓ÕåàÒüºÒÇüÒü▓ÒéìÒüùÒüîÕÇïõ║║þÜäÒü½Õªäµâ│ÒüùÒüƒÞ¿¡Õ«ÜÒüºÒüÖÒÇé

ÒÇÇÒÇÇÒüìÒü«ÒüôÒüòÒéôÒü«Þä│ÕåàÒüºÒü»ÒüƒÒüÂÒéôÒééÒüúÒü¿ÕêÑÒü«þÉåÕ▒êÒüïþ»ëÒüòÒéîÒüªÒéïÒü»ÒüÜÒÇé

Quite clear on what their stance about Prisma's canonity

1) http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/223-Prisma-Illya?p=2272167&viewfull=1#post2272167

2) Nasu has said that Zero is canon, so don't know where you got that from.

3) Events being canon say nothing about X work being canon, especially when some of the events don't perfectly follow on others in the game like the Summer events. Especially when in the case of Prillya, which takes place in a separate Tree of Time from the other Fate works and so does not follow the established Fate rules.

4) The point is that Prisma is a spinoff that is ultimately irrelevant to the rest of the verse apart from beiing a source of characters for FGO. It's not a matter of like/taste but a matter of accepting facts and not throwing away authorial intent.

1) even within that, it's under contention what he meant. Some say spin off, some say fan fiction. They literally say that some chose to interpret what he said as "fanfiction" because there isnt a proper equivalent term.

2) there was an interview at one point saying that there was an issue with Zero. It has been forever since I learned about it, but apparently the events followed basically the same with some minor differences. If he decided at a later date to make it canon then so be it

3) if the events are canon then what makes that different from the works being canon. There is a difference in other issues, but not in the regard that I am worried about at this point. The work being canon vs the events and characters within it being canon work the same for my purposes. Do as you like otherwise. Also, it follows a different or modified Summoning system, but it is already canon that many summoning systems exist, so one more makes no difference to me.

4) in regards to the parts that I care about, it matters enough. If an author didn't intend for something to be canon, and then connects a bunch of canon stuff to it that regard it like it happened, then at that point it may as well be canon. Or, if it isn't canon, then there is no meaningful difference. Death of the author exists for things like this.

Put it like this, it is as canon as it needs to be for my purposes. Anything beyond that is semantics as far as I am concerned

1) While it's true that people are confused about the differrnce between spinoff and fanfiction, there is absolutely zero doubts that we aren't meant to take Prillya as a relevant representative of Nasu mechanics or characters. Anything else is essentially ignoring facts for nothing.

3) Because you're assuming that events prove that their origins are canon, which isn't the case. Everything that is canon actually follows and sticks to the rules laid out in FSN while Prillya doesn't.

4) Headcanon =/= actual proof of canonicity and you have nothing but assumptions and excuses.

Who cares about your purposes when the author and Nasu treat Prillya as canon unto itself and not relevant to the rest of the verse.

1) them being relevant to the events in the usual sense, and them being relevant for the purposes that are needed for this task are 2 different things. Also, it being off in it's own weird branch of the Nasu multiverse with it's own strange Summoning system is functionally the same in regards for what Nasu refers to. As in, does this influence the greater nasuverse narrative wise outside of FGO and all its weirdness, the answer is no, and I dont disagree. However, does it exist within the same multiverse and canon, I would say yes. To nasu, the answer to the second is irrelevant and only the first one matters. For my purposes, I am looking for the second. And to that, the answer is yes.

3) outside of a modified summoning system and some PIS, it basically does. And as I said above, 100% confirmed works have made bigger crimes to the established system than Prisma has. Apoc has the crime that is Jeanne somehow crossing with her throne record, which is the biggest spit in the face to date

4) I gave proof of canonicity, or ar least as close to canon as it needs to be. I wont repeat myself, but literally all this is about is saying "that person with the same power source as Gil pulled out that NP that one time." Nothing more, nothing less.

Because their purposes and mine do not conflict. It being off in it's own little space of the multiverse and that one chick pulled out an NP that one time so Gil can do the same, do not conflict. To them, it may not be relevant, as they only care about narrative. But the small link is all that needs to exist. We are going in circles at this point, so we can just leave it. I have what I need to my purposes

@Regis

And anyway, the wiki already accepts them as linked enough. Emiya scale to archer which is an even bigger connection then I was claiming for this and it's already accepted. I didn't need to worry about it I guess

Saying that prillya isn't canon because it has its own weird rules is like saying every fate besides stay night and zero, tsukihime, kagetsu tohya and kara no kyoukai aren't canon because they have their own rules

@Iapitus

Prillya is stated by the author to work entirely off of what he deems is cool enough to break the rules for. Unless you're telling me that Shirou can trace Divine Constructs without wrought iron, then Prillya can't be canon to the rest of the Fate series.

When it comes to established rules, the Nasuverse is typically consistent save for some obscure and easily misunderstood details. Early works such as Zero and Apocrypha are more prone to mistakes, but most of those have been retconned by this point in time. Later works have explanations for rule-breaking, such as F/Extra taking place in the Moon Cell which plays by different rules. It's explicitly stated by Nasu multiple times that Shirou can't trace Divine Constructs, and Prillya blatantly handwaves this rule because it's cool and fans love the author for doing it.

If it makes Iapitus feel any better, it's not that Prillya isn't canon or isn't considered an official part of the Nasuverse. It is. It's just that we can't accept Prillya as a source of technical information outside of itself, because it doesn't follow the same rules as the rest of Fate.

1) "However, does it exist within the same multiverse and canon, I would say yes. To nasu, the answer to the second is irrelevant and only the first one matters. For my purposes, I am looking for the second. And to that, the answer is yes."

Being wrong isn't exactly something to accept and follow. The Prillya events confirm that they happen in a separate Tree of Time from the rest of the works which renders the above as nonsense.

3) Apoc does what Fate does but worse. Doesn't mean that Prillya is confirmed as canon given every authority says otherwise.

4) Making unsupported assumptions and inserting them as 'evidence' without checking before isn't good. Using small 'links' to justify headcanon is against the accuracy people want to see.

5) Old wiki standards aren't exactly accurate. There's a lot of info that hasn't been corrected or updated here.

Skill 1. Self Arts up (3 turns) and crit damage up (3 times, 3 turns) [7-5 cd]

Skill 2. Self guts and debuff immunity (both 1 time, 3 turns) [8-6 cd]

Skill 3. Charge NP for target ally and increase buff success rate (3 turns) [8-6 cd]

NP. Give self a special buff for 3 turns: Team gains NP and HP every turn (NP level) Gain stars every turn (OC) Demerit: drain own health by 3000 (cannot die from this)

Her NP is basically Garden of Avalon wtf. How good are the buffs?

Edit: Also, I'm loving that wholesome FA art. I was so scared it was going to become a repeat of Illya's, or worse, Sitonai's. I much prefer awesome/wholesome art in official media.

ÒÇÉFGOÒÇæþ¥ÄÚüè Õ«ØÕàÀ EXÒéóÒé┐ÒââÒé» Òé╣Òé¡Òâ½ÒÇÉFate Grand OrderÒÇæMiyu NP & EX Attack & Skill
ÒÇÉFGOÒÇæþ¥ÄÚüè Õ«ØÕàÀ EXÒéóÒé┐ÒââÒé» Òé╣Òé¡Òâ½ÒÇÉFate Grand OrderÒÇæMiyu NP & EX Attack & Skill

Miyu's animations

Monarch Laciel said:
Which causes the luck you stole from me to wither and die
Yeet, I activate Oroboros, which causes the luck to absorb itself and get stronger, in an infinite cycle of constant strengthening.

Back