• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 17

Something something no noble phantasm is planet busting because yes, according to local nerd lady boy.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Or....you can still go read it and find that out for yourself and see why.
We all know that isn't a valid reason on this wiki. I'm gonna read it, but I also know that the guides say that the highest capacity of his noble phantasm would be planet level

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
It's either counter force, or the fact Da Vinci is sure there's no Planet level NP in the hands of any Servant.
That latter part is a ******* lie and we all know it. They have a limit in range, but there are enough servants walking around with gifts from Gods that can bust planets to know that is false

Anyway, I'm gonna make a bunch of profiles over the next few days on every servant that I have been planning to make so that I don't get gipped again. Y'all should get on posting anything else you have mostly done so that you don't get cut off

Seeing as you just think my comment is "not valid" as you put it, I'm not going to say much further.

What I, and by extension Everlasting, will say is this: He needed a bunch of prep to even get his NP to Planet Bust, which also includes needing a big tower that would act as a gun barrel for it to shoot a meteor at the center of the planet.

I feel typing up that it requires prep and certain circumstance is a lot quicker, easier, and less frustrating for everyone involved than just repeatedly telling someone to go read an entire chapter.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
What I, and by extension Everlasting, will say is this: He needed a bunch of prep to even get his NP to Planet Bust, which also includes needing a big tower that would act as a gun barrel for it to shoot a meteor at the center of the planet.
Yeah. So it should be rated at "potentially planet level with prep." I knew it required some prep, but that should definitely be on there

Gift from gods that can bust planets?

Pardon me but there's barely anything like that in great amounts as far as Fate is concerned. Best that comes to mind is Ea with Gil which is the obvious example, unless you also mean things like unsealed Excalibur.

@Iap Not sure if that works too since Shinjuku was kinda detached from History and that is the only reason Moriarty could have destroy planet using his plan.

@Iapitus

No. The events of Shinjuku take place in a mini-Singularity isolated from the world. Plus, we know the exact asteroid he was using and it definitely wasn't large enough to destroy the Earth.

@Monarch: I could have but wasn't really thinking until Everlasting suggested I just end it, which actually I should have just said it instead of the whole "read it" comment.

Either way, he'll understand why once he finds time to do it.

@Iap: I'm not even sure who you're even referring to at this point on profiles. What I would do, if you're listening still, is to just check through the verse page on the chars you would like to make profiles of and see if they've been made or not. If they have, too late it's been done but you can make edits of it (sometimes through CRT but it depends). If not, you have to ask people if they're going to do any from the verse. Seriously, the only ones I know that even do the posting are just myself and Everlasting.

If you want, you can literally just ask me on my wall and check with Ever (through me) and see whose doing what.

NOW I'm done talking.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Gift from gods that can bust planets?
Pardon me but there's barely anything like that in great amounts as far as Fate is concerned. Best that comes to mind is Ea with Gil which is the obvious example, unless you also mean things like unsealed Excalibur.

• Karna
  • Gil with Ea
  • Achilles
  • Quin Shi Juang may not be able to destroy one but he has planetary defenses and weaponry
  • King Hassan (although he is not rated at such yet. He cleaved the wing of tiamat)
  • Kiara can literally shove a planet inside herself
  • Potentially the 2 obvious Lancers with their full power Lances. Probably multi contennent at full power but you get the point
also, I said AP, but they lack the range.

Reppuzan said:
@Iapitus
No. The events of Shinjuku take place in a mini-Singularity isolated from the world. Plus, we know the exact asteroid he was using and it definitely wasn't large enough to destroy the Earth.
Then that was likely not the full capacity of his noble phantasm. Its the conceptual embodiment of destorying a planet, and sure it requires prep, but I have no doubt that the literal embodiment of planet busting could reach such power given the circumstances. Its stated his limits are range, not AP

The only potential alternative I could see is that his NP was nerfed and the Full Power Moriarty could reach planet busting AP

Does it specify how the planet is destroyed? Cratering the planet and letting the shockwave lifewipe could probably be interpreted as such.

That, or maybe something something layers of reality.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
@Iap: I'm not even sure who you're even referring to at this point on profiles. What I would do, if you're listening still, is to just check through the verse page on the chars you would like to make profiles of and see if they've been made or not. If they have, too late it's been done but you can make edits of it (sometimes through CRT but it depends). If not, you have to ask people if they're going to do any from the verse. Seriously, the only ones I know that even do the posting are just myself and Everlasting.

If you want, you can literally just ask me on my wall and check with Ever (through me) and see whose doing what.

NOW I'm done talking.
I check the verse page every time before I make a profile. This is about the 4th or 5th time I've started a Fate profile and then it gets posted before I finish it, or they didn't link their profile on the verse page. I'm ******* tired of it.

I'll try to ask in the future, but even when I come on here and tell people that I'm gonna make a profile y'all usually have already finished it and just haven't posted it but didn't let anyone know

Gemmysaur said:
Does it specify how the planet is destroyed? Cratering the planet and letting the shockwave lifewipe could probably be interpreted as such.
That, or maybe something something layers of reality.
Nah, it didn't, but that would make sense as an alternative. The guides do imply that a greater function would be to face it downward and create a massive fissure that consumes all. It is also stated that it pierces the earth

Iapitus The Impaler wrote

• Karna
  • Gil with Ea
  • Achilles
  • Quin Shi Juang may not be able to destroy one but he has planetary defenses and weaponry
  • King Hassan (although he is not rated at such yet. He cleaved the wing of tiamat)
  • Kiara can literally shove a planet inside herself
  • Potentially the 2 obvious Lancers with their full power Lances. Probably multi contennent at full power but you get the point
also, I said AP, but they lack the range.

Literally no one there can bust a planet if given the chance to. VS can't, Ea can't, Achilles can't, KH uses hax and his SG/power as a Grand to affect Tiamat, the two Lancers can't and Kiara attacks one's mind, not the planet.

Theoretically Moriarty could have achieved planet busting in that singularity in any way. The reason why he went with such a roundabout plan was because his partner wanted revenge on Gudao and he himself wanted to one up Holmes. He's basically just being petty and wanted Holmes to see that he had won in the most grandeious way possible.

Also, the meteor was magical in nature due to the cursed bullet. Even if we know that it wouldn't shatter the planet in real life, it would have due to those circumstances as an empowered NP.

@Regis

Did you completely miss the point of what I said? I said they cannot bust a planet due to lacking the range, but they have the AP. Also Kiara's attack is primarily mental but she is still big enough to. Her issue isnt range tho, and there is actually statements going over a senerio where she crattled the earth in between her boobs and all of humanity died. Yes it was a mental attack, but she is capable of crushing it via AP. As for King Hassan, he used his grand servant stuff for hax, not for an AP enhancement

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Regis

Did you completely miss the point of what I said? I said they cannot bust a planet due to lacking the range, but they have the AP. Also Kiara's attack is primarily mental but she is still big enough to. Her issue isnt range tho, and there is actually statements going over a senerio where she crattled the earth in between her boobs and all of humanity died. Yes it was a mental attack, but she is capable of crushing it via AP. As for King Hassan, he used his grand servant stuff for hax, not for an AP enhancement
They don't have the AP. Karna, Gil, Achilles, KH, Kiara, etc don't have or show off anything close to planet busting.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Why are you taking the Demonic Bodhisattva CE flavor text literally? If she could grow that big why didn't she just crush the Servants in SERAPH?
Because there is no reason not to. The picture shows her cradling the earth as the size of a celestial body, and it says she is a celestial body holding a planet. It's a mental attack, but she harbors it no I'll will. She didn't just grow massive and destroy them the same reason she didnt just dump them at the horsehead nebula or do any of the many other ways she could have won but didn't. She isnt a creature of raw destruction like goetia, and it isn't in character. She isn't a destroyer, but that does not mean she doesn't have size or AP

Why use PIS when the lack of supporting evidence indicates that you've been misunderstanding what she does all along? Especially when the only one noted to grow in size is Kingprotea, not Kiara?

RegisNex1232 said:
They don't have the AP. Karna, Gil, Achilles, KH, Kiara, etc don't have or show off anything close to planet busting.
Go make a CRT for Karna, Kiara, and Gil then. King Hassan has the capacity to cleave the wing off of a planet level being, and Achilles can literally launch a replica planet at someone.

Achilles' shield isn't a replica of a planet, don't know what you've been smoking. And cutting off Tiamat' wings =/= planet level.

RegisNex1232 said:
Why use PIS when the lack of supporting evidence indicates that you've been misunderstanding what she does all along? Especially when the only one noted to grow in size is Kingprotea, not Kiara?
I'm not using PIS. Where did you get that from? I simply said it's not in character for her. Size is not her gimmick, and there are several instances of her being portrayed in a massive size. However, that is not how she fights. Hax fighters can have high AP as well.

RegisNex1232 said:
Achilles' shield isn't a replica of a planet, don't know what you've been smoking. And cutting off Tiamat' wings =/= planet level.
Smoking on guidebooks apparently, because that is dead ass stated. Last I checked harming a planet level being hax aside is planet level AP.

Hax fighters having a high AP based off nothing is the problem here, especially when you are using illustrations and gameplay as valid evidence and not the actual text of her NP which doesn't support her being able to grow that big.

Again, a miniature world =/= an actual planet, otherwise the whole fortress would have been destroyed by the NP activating in Apo

Tiamat isn't planet level. At her strongest (Post Regression to the Age of Gods) she is at most Multi Continent level because she was going to flood the world.

I'm pretty sure she can't do the Horse Head Nebula bfr as a beast. A lot of her other hax was getting negated by Kiara Punishers from BB. At that point if she could overwhelm them with AP she would have done it. If she had more ap than AAS as you are claiming why is she saying that Goetia is >>>>>>her in raw power.

Back