• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 12

Translations

1. King Hassan holds the Rank C Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm The Angel That Announces Death / Azrael ( µ¡╗ÕæèÕñ®õ¢┐ / ÒéóÒé║Òâ®ÒéñÒâ╝Òâ½ , Shi Koku Tensh / iAzura─½-ru). Though the broadsword that he bears is perfectly commonplace, it has across the lifespan of its wielder been stained in the colors of his faith. As a sword borne by a man who walks unto the boundaries of the Valley of the Shadows of Death (Õ╣¢Þ░À, Youkoku), its edge can potentially impose the termination of life with the slightest cut. Though the occurrence of this imposition is uncertain and low in probability, so long as it comes into effect, any opponent can be instantaneously felled.

Those that walk within the Valley are as one with Death, and are as such resistant to its instantaneous imposition, as well as the effects of mental interference.

2. Azrael (The Angel Who Foretells Death)

Classification: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm

Range: 1

Maximum number of targets: 1

Azrael.

Decapitation with an ordinary large sword.

It is ingrained with the faith that this individual continued to believe in, and spent a lifetime wielding.

For those who lose their lives to this sword, they say there is fear, but no pain, there is dread, but no suffering, there is repentance, but no regrets.

3. Evening Bell EX

The evening bell that informs people of funerals and resounds the call of Death.

A unique Skill that manifested as a result of having become one with these rites of passing.

This swordsman does not pick those he kills of his own free will; he brings salvation to those who "lost sight of their moment of death" in place of the Lord of Heaven.

Everything is by the will of Heaven, therefore, those who end up meeting with this swordsman will know of the end of their fate.

―――Can you hear it, the tolling of this bell.

Your luck ends here. Accept the release of your soul. That is your last chance for a peaceful slumber as a human being.

Scans of the pages: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/472368123585232899/477288288248528919/image.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/472368123585232899/477288319055691806/image.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/472368123585232899/477288618159898624/image.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/472368123585232899/477288765254008833/image.jpg

Monarch Laciel said:
So nothing about Fate.

Where did that idea come from then?
Apparently a misinterpretation of older materials translation. As below:

Old Evening Bell mats

The Evening Bell (µÖ®ÚÉÿ, Banshou) signals the announcement of funereal proceedings; the visitation of Death. This unique skill manifests in consequence of coming to be one in existence and being to the rites of passing. The swordsman of the Evening Bell is without agency in his choice of opponents; he is the manifestation of momento mori -- the divine salvation that befalls all of those who have lost sight of their mortality (µ¡╗Òü¼Òü╣ÒüìµÖéÒéÆÞªïÕñ▒ÒüúÒüƒ). A termination is brought upon the fates of those who would oppose the heavens; a final opportunity is granted unto those who stray, that they might come to rest while they remain as men.

Where they heavily misinterpret these two parts:

A termination is brought upon the fates of those who would oppose the heavens;

and

Everything is by the will of Heaven, therefore, those who end up meeting with this swordsman will know of the end of their fate.

about Saver, Mizukume said this.

Also speaking of Buddha, I listened to the Extra drama CD the other day and it seems his NP works on all life, not just humans (makes sense within the context of Buddhism itself, I always found it weird that it said humans in Extra mats).

King Hassan is stated to not kill people through his own strength and instead kill/cut their "fate" in Camelot. You even get the option of saying "it's like the MEoDP".

-BANLK- said:
Anyone planning to make a crt for high 6-A pashupata? Several characters can scale from it.
I made it. but was closed. it got too heated.

I think we need to wait till Extella Link is fully translated. but I doubt we'd get lore feat from Pashupata. maybe the attack animation is all there is, if that's the case then... wait for new feat from Grand Order... maybe next time we'd get continental Servant XD

Sooo, why is Balmung EX Ranked in FGO? I thought it can't match Vasavi Shakti?

I'm agreeing with the notion that King Hassan doesn't "kill" fate in a literal sense. I'll elaborate tonight or tomorrow morning after my classes. Feel free to bring this topic up to my wall to avoid cluttering the thread though

If anyone where to really accept Ex-ranked Balmung (not saying they do, but if one did), might as well any of the other ranks ups other Servants NP's get.

But yeah as Velox stated, that's for gameplay buff purposes as is for the many NP's (and personal skills) of other Servants shown and done in FGO as of date.

As far as I can tell, EX also just means that it breaks the ranks of the parameter system. There are different versions of the Noble Phantasms and their functions.

For example, Ea and Hanging Gardens of Babylon are both Anti-World Noble Phantasms of EX rank, but they have different applications ans uses entirely.

As i said again,Balmung bumped to EX-rank is just for gameplay purpose,heck i even believe it will get reverted to it's original rank just like the other NP buff (looking at you,Pashupata).

I was merely talking broadly/in general regarding NP's that get buffs like Sieg's Balmung.

Even if this was an actual thing, best it can be treated would exclusively be for that of FGO alone and even I won't ever use that over its original rank as with the other NP's (and by extension, the skills one can be buffed in the game as well).

Gameplay-wise, it takes quite the setup for Siegfried to do his best display when having George to set up the Dragon NP and buffing him up further with Waver and/or Merlin.

He's definitely good when taking out any of the Arturia's and Liz. Bonus for the Lancer Arturia's and Liz becuz of their Class Containers.

Still wouldn't take him much and just opt for Salter, OG Saber, or even Lily AoE busting but that's just me. What I do need for Sabers is single target ones like Nero Bride and Okita. I have a maxed level'd Lancelot (not including skills though cuz he needs a bunch of f'ing medals to consume) and though still great, having another one wouldn't be so bad.

Sieg and George are besties.

I would rather having Okita than Nero Bride actually, especially since Skadi does exist now.

Max lvling skill is like the hardest part of the game to me. I don't think I would be able to mac even one skill at all.

Different topic, Jalterzerker is a pretty decent damages dealer and her single target NP hits a shitload of pain already, but keeping her alive until boss fight is a pain due her rather bad survibility. Still gonna max lvl her since she is the only heavy hitter I got.

Nero Bride and other Arts Servants with single target NP's like Vlad work best with Tamamo for what I've been told. Jalter, Cu Alter, Herc's, etc. work extremely well with Merlin in the same manner.

Skadi, though, can make Jack, RiderToki (Kintoki), Okita, and who else complete Quick monsters.

Really, having them plus Waver for further boosting is so satisfying once it pays off. Especially up to a particular boss fight.

Just realize how ironic Nero and Tamamo can be if the latter boasts the former with her Arts buff and heal her. Doubly so with Nero Bride seeing as the latter can use her own skill buffs on top of it...

Im new to FGO (the game) and i only know the basics of the basics, but i heard that Merlin is coming to NA and he'll be the most broken character for NA. My questions are: -when is he coming -whats good to know about him

Siegfried is a quality character who embodies the ideal knight, a hero like Shirou strove to be, yet who also embodies the end point of such an ideal, a being made wearing and driven to the ground by the constant calls for help around him.

If Siegfried is my servant i just insulting him so much and use my command spell to make him suicide,i take Sigurd over Siegfried all along.

@Homu: Ram is the one doing her page from what I've been told by him and talk to.

Reason it hasn't been posted yet has to do with the start of her NP that's Buddhist related that he's not understanding of it and a skill of Okita Alt that he doesn't know what it does so we'll have to wait and see.

DK if she does but she might. What I meant is that she has a skill called "Boundless" but Ram seems to not know what it is or what it does. Hence part of my comment and what he said for why he hasn't posted her page yet.

What he DID tell me the other day, however, is that he's pretty much done with it aside from the stuff I just explained.

I'm really just only answering in this response. I don't have much interest with GudaGuda3 stuff. At least for now.

So Balmung is EX just in FGO then. from rereading wikia, I got the impression it got upgraded because Siegfried managed to unlock his Magic Core.

Magic Core = more mana to burn = Spam Balmung like no tomorrow is possible = hence 'EX'.

but funnily, Sigurd, who has better Magic Core than every dragon servants can't get EX Noble Phantasm.

Well, it has a lore basis tbf. that is when Siegfried was alive, he could activate Balmung much faster than his servant self, because he has Magic Core, which for some reason was taken away from him when summoned as Saber.

dunno why, but it might be usual Class restriction thing. Lancer Arturia can do this shit while Saber Arturia cant do that.

HHHHHH

but enough about him. What's the most mana-hogging/mana-sink Servant? as in, even Rin would die upon three seconds after summoning said Servant?

I mean Pashupata get buffed to A++ but then in latest update it get reverted back to it original rank,so i believe Balmung will get reverted too.

Back