• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse 6-B Downgrades

The dendera Electric bulb calc is wrong.

The statement:

http://www.millenniumforums.com/showthread.php?43169-Ramesses-II-bringing-the-heat

"The most powerful function is the Dendera Electric Bulb, the "artillery" situated at the main temple. It is said to be as powerful as solar flare and could destroy Tokyo in one shot or vaporize a naval fleet effortlessly. Its power surpasses Excalibur Proto with all Thirteen Constraints released."

They used the vaporisation of tokyo to calculate its power.

Except that is not what it said. It said it could vaporise a naval fleet. Not Tokyo. And of course a solar flare can destroy tokyo which is why it is High 6-C. Aturia and the Dendera Electric bulb are not justified in being 6-B.

Thus they need to be downgraded.

Also from what I remember the translation meant carbonized instead of vaporized from what Fab said on the WB thread.

Isnt this the process of the Attack for Tokyo?

http://i.imgur.com/utQhEtQ.gif

From what I got there is a means of destruction named - which is vaporization. And the same technique which carries that vaporization trait is here used.

Or am I wrong? Not an Fate Expert, simply going by what I see and know about AP and DC.

Also the Kanji used is þé¡Õîû which can be read as carbonized or turned into charcoal. This is vaporize µ░ùÕîû.

RavenSupreme said:
Isnt this the process of the Attack for Tokyo?
http://i.imgur.com/utQhEtQ.gif

From what I got there is a means of destruction named - which is vaporization. And the same technique which carries that vaporization trait is here used.

Or am I wrong? Not an Fate Expert, simply going by what I see and know about AP and DC.
I mean I dont know I am talking strictly about this calc because it was done horribly wrong. Also we still can not assume vaporisation.

And what Knight said.

If there are misleading translations, its another matter. But simply going by what I observe was: Attack does vaporize. Attack is compared to Solar Flare. Solar Flares tend to vaporize (duh). Attack is used on Tokyo. Vaporizing value justified.

Obviously not when its about "carbonizing".

So I think someone with language knowledge should clarify that.

The kanji used is þé¡Õîû (tanka) , which is carbonized or turn to charcoal/ash or smth along those line. Vaporize (or evaporate or smth along those line) is µ░ùÕîû (kika)

Rather than "vaporize an entire naval fleet", a more correct TL of that sentence (if i remember the japs correctly) would be smth like "burn down an entire naval fleet to ashes". Or smth, iunno i don't do translation. Tell ALRF to get his ass here or smth

Ninja'd by the dude who asked me the moonrunes

Well I'm getting my info from Fab who's one of our most knowledgeable Nasuverse experts here and he disagrees with using this, ergo I disagree since I trust his judgment.

Edit: He's been summoned.

RavenSupreme said:
If there are misleading translations, its another matter. But simply going by what I observe was: Attack does vaporize. Attack is compared to Solar Flare. Solar Flares tend to vaporize (duh). Attack is used on Tokyo. Vaporizing value justified.
Obviously not when its about "carbonizing".

So I think someone with language knowledge should clarify that.
I disagree, it was compared to a solar flare which was then srpead out over a city sized area. a solar flare as stated in his page releases 10^20 joules of energy per second which is High 6-C more than enough to destroy Tokyo and that qutoe says it destroys Tokyo not vaporize it. While saying it vaporizes a naval fleet. Which ofcourse it would a Naval fleet is nothing in size when compared to Tokyo. Also its power is compare dot a Solar flare it is not a Solar flare in its self. ergo power is 10^20 J/s not higher.

This is the quote used in that calc:

"The most powerful function is the Dendera Electric Bulb, the "artillery" situated at the main temple. It is said to be as powerful as solar flare and could destroy Tokyo in one shot or vaporize a naval fleet effortlessly. Its power surpasses Excalibur Proto with all Thirteen Constraints released."

And as Fab said it did not even mean to vaporise the naval fleet...

I agree with the downgrade on principle, partly because the assumption of vaporisation sounds kind of like wank in hindsight.

I know relatively little about Japanese outside of the basics, but the point on the differences between kanji used seems pretty solid to me. Very thorough Destruction looks to be more accurate than outright vaporisatio, so High 6-C should be reasonable.

>Tell ALRF to get his ass here or smth

I see that i am still loved oVo

There's also the fact that it took Ozymandias being crippled mana-wise along with a triple Command Seal-backed Anti-Army/Anti-Country Noble Phantasm that literally split a country in half in its legend along with Excalibur Proto with several restraints released to beat it.

@Rocker

I already posted my reasons as to why the rating should stay wear it is. So no, we're not all in agreement.

tbh I did not really understand what you were saying there but after rereading it all I can say is that that made no sense.

So what it split a country in half. Do we know what that looks like? (A scan/ picture?) Did i literally just create a line through an entire landmass. Did it even push the country apart?If it did more than that how far away was the country pushed apart. 5cm? 10m? more? How deep was said split? How big was the country? All of that is way to ambiguous to put as a 6-B rating unless you have all those questions answered. And dpending on the size of said country and said destruction that would still probably only yield High 6-C.

Either way my main point is that this calc we are using (but for some reason not linking making it even more suspicious) is wrong. That is plain and easy to see.

@Rocker

It literally created the border between Iran and its neighbors. It's in his legend. It's also explicitly stated to have a range of 2,500 km. Read the profile instead of asking stupid questions and calling thing suspicious simply because you refuse to do the research.

Stella also stopped Rhongomyniad, a Noble Phantasm even more highly ranked than Excalibur.

Reppuzan said:
@Rocker
It literally created the border between Iran and its neighbors. It's in his legend. It's also explicitly stated to have a range of 2,500 km. Read the profile instead of asking stupid questions and calling thing suspicious simply because you refuse to do the research.
Okay and again what was the width of the line. Again did it push the countries apart or did it just make a line? was it vaporisation? Sorry that I can not research something that you literally gave me 0 clue on. You are the person stating it you being your evidence.

I dont think you get my point? I am asking you how wide the area of the attack was that created this border. And was it via vaporisation? pulverisation? fragmentation?

@Rocker

And I showed you a literal map that shows that actual border that it created.

It's vaporization. It divided the Earth according to its official description.

I hope you dont think that map is to scale when it comes to the size of the border. Not to mention that map has nothing to do with the fate verse.

@Rocker

Except for the fact that in his legend (which is canon to the Nasuverse) he literally divided the two countries in half with his Noble Phantasm.

What's so hard to get?

@Repuzzan surely you dont think that when you see something like that you instantly go "man this is country level in strength?" because if so that is pretty appalling. Let me show you why.

Let us assume that the diameter of said created border is 500m highballing.

I am converting everything to centimeters just to make it easier.

volume of a cylinder = pi*r^2*h

here that is = pi*25000^2*250000000

volume of 4.9e+17cc vaporised.

25700*4.9e+17 = 1.26e+22 joules of energy making then very high Low 6-B as a high ball.

Rhon is thousands of times stronger than top tier noble phantasms that are High 7-A. Stella stopped that and had to be boosted by three command spells to overpower the Dendera Light Bulb.

And only if it was vaporisation which we have no evidence for.

If it was pulverization it would be 1.05e+20 which is Island level only.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Rhon is thousands of times stronger than top tier noble phantasms that are High 7-A. Stella stopped that and had to be boosted by three command spells to overpower the Dendera Light Bulb.
I would like to see the thousands of times stronger quote please. And even then that would still net her to Low 6-B like I calculated. And with low end High 7-A it would still be high end High 6-C to low end Low 6-B.

@Rocker

Except the Noble Phanatasm is a raging fireball that streaks through the land.

Reppuzan said:
@Rocker
Except the Noble Phanatasm is a raging fireball that streaks through the land.
So what that literally dont not disprove my calculation above? It could be a laser or a fireball. Could be a freaking Tsunami for all I know. Fiction does not follow science a lot. We can not use vaporsation without evidence. High 6-C "using the powr of a solar flare" is the best we have.

@Rocker

It's a literal fireball that literally divided the Earth.

Your disbelief is the same as saying that hitting with a hammer doesn't produce blunt force.

Reppuzan said:
@Rocker
It's a literal fireball that literally divided the Earth.

Your disbelief is the same as saying that hitting with a hammer doesn't produce blunt force.
That tells me nothing....

Not at all. Fireballs making explosions is a huge thing in any media yet they are meant to be literal balls of fire meaning there should be no force behind them and should simply burn people.

But you know what nvm since you know it is a fireball do you know its size? Because now I know it is a fireball I have realized I definitely high-balled its size into the stratosphere.

Roman reports that the magical energy value is over three million, and compares it to the firepower of top class Noble Phantasms which only range from one to three thousand.

Ok so 1000 times. That is not thousands of times as you claimed and puts it at high High 6-C values which funnily enough is what I proposed at the start of this thread or possibly low end Low 6-B values.

Knowing now that it is a fireball let us assume that the diameter of said created border is 60m highballing again.

I am converting everything to centimeters just to make it easier.

volume of a cylinder = pi*r^2*h

here that is = pi*3000^2*250000000

volume of 7.07e+15cc vaporised.

25700*7.07e+15 = 1.82e+20 joules of energy making it Island level as a high ball.

It's over 1000 times stronger than 6-C attacks. Three thousand refers to things like Brahmastra that one shots things that can tank 6-C attacks without any problems.

Back