• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
dragonball has never had that kind of an audience, this is in most part because Dragonball started out as a gag manga, theres also the fact that the Z section of the story was the introduction for many people in the west to the franchise, so there was never this shift in focus that was felt in the fandom at large, then there's most manga or anime watchers today who were prob born long after DB finished serialization so to them dragonball has always been like this.

In contrast a large portion of the Naruto fanbase have selective memory and think the series was a grounded ninja show with stealth elements.
but wouldn't have the japanese dragon ball fans who watched it in the 80s-90s have complained? It seems like db has such a smooth transition with this stuff unlike Naruto which got backlash even though narratively speaking it was still more grounded and well paced compared to DBZ.

but wouldn't have the japanese dragon ball fans who watched it in the 80s-90s have complained? It seems like db has such a smooth transition with this stuff unlike Naruto which got backlash even though narratively speaking it was still more grounded and well paced compared to DBZ.
I don't think Japanese fans complain much actually, from what I heard they're chill people...or well it's so long ago i'm probably wrong.

like i mentioned dragonball didnt have the same kind of audience, it started off as a gag series, nobody complained because power levels how we understand them just wasnt taken serious, The west takes dragonball 300% more serious than whats its mean to be. thats also ignoring that dragonball was released in a different era of the magazine.

Also the critique of Ninjas and their portrayal wasn't something that was prevalent in Japan until after the series ended. during its run the five kage summit and the first half of the fourth great ninja war was when the series was at its height of popularity.

like i mentioned dragonball didnt have the same kind of audience, it started off as a gag series, nobody complained because power levels how we understand them just wasnt taken serious, The west takes dragonball 300% more serious than whats its mean to be. thats also ignoring that dragonball was released in a different era of the magazine.

Also the critique of Ninjas and their portrayal wasn't something that was prevalent in Japan until after the series ended. during its run the five kage summit and the first half of the fourth great ninja war was when the series was at its height of popularity.
so you're essentially saying that a little bit of bad luck and the kind of audience naruto has is the whole reason why we're now stuck with street level god tiers in boruto?? damn 😭

so you're essentially saying that a little bit of bad luck and the kind of audience naruto has is the whole reason why we're now stuck with street level god tiers in boruto?? damn 😭
Well, the explanation given for that was that they didn't want the kids fights to feel lacking compared to the OGs
That doesn't really hold any water now since the "kids" are at the peak or close to the ceiling of power in the verse

random fact, The Himawari and Kawaki Anime Arc is the most popular original anime arc in Boruto and the third most viewed arc of the series in Japan :)

Yeah, even Goku and Vegeta fighting on Planet Cereal yielded better feats than what’s shown in Boruto. And with Chakra Absorbtion running ramped, I doubt we’ll get any decent feats. At best, “hax” is the only real avenue for Boruto instead of feats.

Hell, Ikemoto didn’t bother even showing the ground shaking from Uzuhiko, but hey, Isshiki collapsed a building with a kick… 🤷‍♂️

special_card_28__nxb_ninja_voltage__by_maxiuchiha22_ddtdwpo-fullview.jpg
special_card_26__nxb_ninja_voltage__by_maxiuchiha22_ddtdwov-fullview.jpg

Yall think theres a Ninja Santa?

Yeah, even Goku and Vegeta fighting on Planet Cereal yielded better feats than what’s shown in Boruto. And with Chakra Absorbtion running ramped, I doubt we’ll get any decent feats. At best, “hax” is the only real avenue for Boruto instead of feats.

Hell, Ikemoto didn’t bother even showing the ground shaking from Uzuhiko, but hey, Isshiki collapsed a building with a kick… 🤷‍♂️
There was also Gas flying across the universe in some minutes which I feel like added to the scale of the fight and that arc is still said to be one of the worst when it comes to scale 😭

Back