• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
its flawed but id say overall yeah, i think it has some great lore and worldbuilding at the start, suffers from too much exposition though, also has a unique power system.
No there is a reason it got canned.
303krn.jpg

Funny how Samurai 8, while a having shitty sales compared to where it should’ve been for Kishimoto, CONSISTENTLY sold more than “Yokozuna Family”, and the two were peer manga, coming out around the same time. Both were CONSISTENTLY in the bottom of WSJ ratings but they let “Yokozuna Family” cook and cancelled S8, the more “successful” of the two.

Now “Yokozuna Family” got a ******* anime… 💀💀💀

Funny how Samurai 8, while a having shitty sales compared to where it should’ve been for Kishimoto, CONSISTENTLY sold more than “Yokozuna Family”, and the two were peer manga, coming out around the same time. Both were CONSISTENTLY in the bottom of WSJ ratings but they let “Yokozuna Family” cook and cancelled S8, the more “successful” of the two.

Now “Yokozuna Family” got a ******* anime… 💀💀💀
I think Kishimoto being a well known author at the time and still failing to do the numbers is a huge part of the reason. A good entrepreneur will always judge by potential. So it kinda makes sense in that regard. Coupled that with Kishi rushing the lore probably made them lose confidence in it.

I think Kishimoto being a well known author at the time and still failing to do the numbers is a huge part of the reason. A good entrepreneur will always judge by potential. So it kinda makes sense in that regard. Coupled that with Kishi rushing the lore probably made them lose confidence in it.
Sure, but from a business perspective, they still cancelled the better performing series.

because it targets your sense first, your chakra is effected as consequence,the reason its a mechanic in universe that allows people to counter genjutsu is because the chakra pathway system is holistically connected to the sensory system,
Huh? Did we read the same manga cause it says that genjutsu is controlling the chakra flowing through your cranial nerves and that it works on your opponent's five senses.
if you want to steelman it you can argue that, this is an inherent advantage the verse has as an out mechanic that wouldn't readily be available to other series unless they have something comparable or a fundamental resistance at a baseline level.
If you want to steelman you can argue it doesn't work out of verse since only Narutoverse has chakra pathways etc. But you know energy equalization and all that jazz.

This

Also we have showings of Genjutsu just straight up working on inanimate objects like walls things like trees that are set up ahead of time when no one is there and thus not affecting any chakra flow anywhere @KingogKings777

For example, here all of Team 7 sees through the low level Genjutsu force field cast by the proctors...even Naruto despite the fact we know he was never actively taught how to dispel genjutsu until Jiraiya took him under his wing for the timeskip

This is even a thing in Boruto when Sarada uses her Sharingan to see through the Genjutsu Force Field on what I think is the hospital roof iirc

And there are more examples I got I could post but I don't want to clog up the thread

Also just in case, sorry if the scans are posted out of order ( imgur is weird sometimes )

You mean it's working as an illusion?

Only Sasuke saw through the force field illusion before he mentioned it to Sakura and Naruto was going"?" as they talked about it.

So out of curiosity what does this prove? Cause it looks like it doesn't prove anything since everyone involved has chakra and nothing shows genjutsu working on people without chakra.

Huh? Did we read the same manga cause it says that genjutsu is controlling the chakra flowing through your cranial nerves and that it works on your opponent's five senses.
then you need to read again, objectively the continuity of the sentence is
1. Genjutsu works by controlling the 5 senses.
2. To control the chakra flowing through their cranial nerves.

hence why Jiraiya verbatim states that WHILE your inside a genjutsu your chakra is being controlled by the enemy.

its objectively Senses> Chakra and not Chakra>Senses, this is supported by every single instance of how genjutsu actually functions in the series as well.

If you want to steelman you can argue it doesn't work out of verse since only Narutoverse has chakra pathways etc. But you know energy equalization and all that jazz.
thats not a steelman thats a safety net for people who dont like their verse or characters being effected by Genjutsu so they would rather misinterpret the series instead of having the characters have resistance like everyone else does.

its some 2012's mediocre battle boarding premises that should stay in the last decade where it belongs.

People make fun of the Shonen trope where the villains randomly show up in order of power and are constantly stronger than they should he, but that shit has been a thing since Beowulf.

then you need to read again, objectively the continuity of the sentence is
1. Genjutsu works by controlling the 5 senses.
2. To control the chakra flowing through their cranial nerves.

hence why Jiraiya verbatim states that WHILE your inside a genjutsu your chakra is being controlled by the enemy.

its objectively Senses> Chakra and not Chakra>Senses, this is supported by every single instance of how genjutsu actually functions in the series as well.
I love how changing one word makes the sentence have a complete different meaning. Cause the exact quote is "Naruto... GENJUTSU WORKS ON YOUR OPPONENTS'S FIVE SENSE. YOU CONTROL THE CHAKRA FLOWING THROUGH THEIR CRANIAL NERVES." Which kinda ***** on your whole reasoning your using here since it's not what you said cause you know the BY is missing. It also shows that objectively chakra > senses, and it's shown as in the picture in the correct usage to be proven true.

Also is there any evidence for genjutsu working on people without chakra?
thats not a steelman thats a safety net for people who dont like their verse or characters being effected by Genjutsu so they would rather misinterpret the series instead of having the characters have resistance like everyone else does.
How is genjutsu gonna work on someone without any chakra? If you say that you willingly have to misinterpret the quote?
its some 2012's mediocre battle boarding premises that should stay in the last decade where it belongs.
Bring it back, bring back the golden days of memes and coping and lies.

Does it really matter anyway? Verse Equalisation is a thing

I tend to agree that Genjutsu doesn't require chakra though

DB1:
幻術

幻覚により催眠状況を作り出し精神をかく乱す

対象者が気付かない間に、幻の世界へと引きずり込み、その精 神と肉体の疲弊・混乱を誘う一 種の幻覚催眠法。他の術と大き く異なるのは、対象者の肉体を 直接攻撃しないという点である。 「幻術」は広範囲にわたり、その 効果を発揮するものもあり、術者 に有利な状況へ導けるのだ。

Genjutsu

Creates a hypnotic state through illusions, disturbing the mind through hallucination.

While the target is unaware, it drags them into an illusory world, inducing mental and physical exhaustion and confusion—a kind of hallucinatory hypnosis. What sets it apart from other techniques is that it doesn't directly attack the target's physical body. Genjutsu can cover a wide range, and some techniques can lead to advantageous situations for the user.

長所

己の居場所を悟られ ることがないので、 リスクを最小限にで きる。また複数の対象者 に術をかけることが可能。

短所

術の長時間使用は術者自体を疲弊させる。また対象者に物理的損傷を与えることは困難。

Advantages
The user can minimize risk as their location remains undetected, and it is possible to cast techniques on multiple targets.

Disadvantages
Prolonged use of the technique exhausts the user. Additionally, causing physical harm to the target is difficult.

→相手は、知らず知らずのうち に術者の罠にはまっていく・・・。

The opponent unwittingly falls into the user's trap...
qBIPYgR.png

Last edited:
By the way is this novel canon? I'm gonna go over it, it might have some good statements

It already has a statement hyping Hiruzen up, lol

NqMysoJ.png

Statement that the regular clone jutsu is genjutsu

JXFWT69.png

Statement that beginning of series Sasuke is near chunin level

ix9dnha.png

Aura of Zabuza and Kakashi

L9M6dbm.png

Last edited:
I love how changing one word makes the sentence have a complete different meaning.
its almost as if I specifically listed them as two different points because they not one sentence
its as if they separate by something indicating the sentence is over. but because you want to play semantics, the actual structure of the dialogue is

1. an explanation of what Genjutsu is
2. How its used

they not a step by step guide, otherwise we would have gotten an ellipsis or restructuring of the sentence to emphasize their relationship. but you would know this if you actually read the chapter instead of just quoting the scan.

the point of this lesson isnt to teach naruto how to use genjutsu but for him to understand what it is and what they target as a means of defending himself.

2iqwYqH.jpg

"While In Genjutsu The Chakra in your Head is controlled by your opponent"

If the act of being in a genjutsu is what allows the person control over your chakra then you should start questioning how the catalyst for the ability's effect is reliant on the effect having already taken place, unless your willing to throw away continuity for the sake circular mechanics or shall we ignore the fact that one of the primary means of avoiding getting caught in genjutsu in the first place requires you protect one of your primary senses?

Which kinda ***** on your whole reasoning your using here since it's not what you said cause you know the BY is missing. It also shows that objectively chakra > senses, and it's shown as in the picture in the correct usage to be proven true.
Definition of By

"identifying the agent performing an action" or "indicating the means of achieving something"

Quote in question.

" You Control The chakra flowing through the Cranial nerves"

Definition of You

"used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing" = Identifying the agent

Definition of Control

"the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events."

Control is an Adverb = "performing an action"

Also is there any evidence for genjutsu working on people without chakra?
Genjutsu_10.JPG

Unless you wanna argue the floor has a chakra system. (also funny how you can set up a genjutsu ahead of time before the time before a single person arrives..how strange)
How is genjutsu gonna work on someone without any chakra?
by targeting their senses, like genjutsu does..or maybe you want specifics?

How about effecting the particles in the air to refract light in a way that deceives your opponents eyes ?
main-qimg-87f0f9b51a5f664cc51b6826f0ce4e57-lq

I doubt It's canon
Given that it's just retelling of manga events with more spice
Sasuke viewing SoL Haku in Slow motion

By the way is this novel canon? I'm gonna go over it, it might have some good statements

It already has a statement hyping Hiruzen up, lol

NqMysoJ.png

Statement that the regular clone jutsu is genjutsu

JXFWT69.png

Statement that beginning of series Sasuke is near chunin level

ix9dnha.png

Me and a buddy of mine went over this novel before on Discord

It's like soft canon at best as there are some contradictions in this novel to the wave arc

Like for example Kurama's corpse remains on the battlefield after Minato seals the spirit in Naruto ( weird I know )

Though you're right about one thing, it does have some neat statements ( such as the High Genin level Sasuke stuff )

Also more consistency for LS Haku ( as if the manga/anime/databook didn't already hammer it in enough )

image.png

its almost as if I specifically listed them as two different points because they not one sentence

its as if they separate by something indicating the sentence is over. but because you want to play semantics, the actual structure of the dialogue is

1. an explanation of what Genjutsu is
2. How its used

they not a step by step guide, otherwise we would have gotten an ellipsis or restructuring of the sentence to emphasize their relationship. but you would know this if you actually read the chapter instead of just quoting the scan.

the point of this lesson isnt to teach naruto how to use genjutsu but for him to understand what it is and what they target as a means of defending himself.

2iqwYqH.jpg

"While In Genjutsu The Chakra in your Head is controlled by your opponent"
Holy mac and cheese thanks for conceding that fast you unironically proved my point about genjutsu controlling the chakra in your head. I actually don't know what to say cause of that. Seeing as you just proved my point for me.
If the act of being in a genjutsu is what allows the person control over your chakra then you should start questioning how the catalyst for the ability's effect is reliant on the effect having already taken place, unless your willing to throw away continuity for the sake circular mechanics or shall we ignore the fact that one of the primary means of avoiding getting caught in genjutsu in the first place requires you protect one of your primary senses?

Definition of By

"identifying the agent performing an action" or "indicating the means of achieving something"

Quote in question.

" You Control The chakra flowing through the Cranial nerves"

Definition of You

"used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing" = Identifying the agent

Definition of Control

"the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events."

Control is an Adverb = "performing an action"
Ah this is the word soup part to try and prove a point neat.
Genjutsu_10.JPG

Unless you wanna argue the floor has a chakra system. (also funny how you can set up a genjutsu ahead of time before the time before a single person arrives..how strange)

by targeting their senses, like genjutsu does..or maybe you want specifics?

How about effecting the particles in the air to refract light in a way that deceives your opponents eyes ?
main-qimg-87f0f9b51a5f664cc51b6826f0ce4e57-lq
So bout that.
kmFARbN.png

Maybe it's still messing with the chakra inside of them like the scan you posted and this one which states that you got to disrupt the chakra inside of you cause its being interference from another.

Holy mac and cheese thanks for conceding that fast you unironically proved my point about genjutsu controlling the chakra in your head. I actually don't know what to say cause of that. Seeing as you just proved my point for me.
Reading Comprehension devil strikes again, reread.

Senses Are effected>Genjutsu > Controls Chakra

Ah this is the word soup part to try and prove a point neat.
what struggling to keep up?
So bout that.
kmFARbN.png
This literally proves my point "the Jutsu can be evoke by simply looking eye to eye" the eye is one of the primary senses
Maybe it's still messing with the chakra inside of them
every single genjutsu thats ever been used in the series has an explanation of how it works either within the series or in the databooks and none of them work the way you think genjutsu works.

hcq2KP0.jpg

WQ0505d.jpg

like the scan you posted and this one which states that you got to disrupt the chakra inside of you cause its being interference from another.
yes once your under Genjutsu your chakra is being messed with by the person who put you in a genjutsu, this is consistent with what we have been telling you, that genjutsu controls your chakra as oppose to your chakra being controlled to make genjutsu, the reason why this works is the same reason why some genjutsu can be broken out of with Pain, its an external force that causes disruption.

Reading Comprehension devil strikes again, reread.

Senses Are effected>Genjutsu > Controls Chakra
Bro are you really saying that after posting a scan that disproves this?
what struggling to keep up?
No not really when you can't even read your own scan that says they controlling the chakra inside of your brain but hey lets make comments about struggling to keep up.
This literally proves my point "the Jutsu can be evoke by simply looking eye to eye" the eye is one of the primary senses
Ah selective reading it seems kinda explains this situation now that I think of it. Maybe I should have used the highlight feature for you at the bottom cause you seem to be ignoring it.
every single genjutsu thats ever been used in the series has an explanation of how it works either within the series or in the databooks and none of them work the way you think genjutsu works.

hcq2KP0.jpg

WQ0505d.jpg

yes once your under Genjutsu your chakra is being messed with by the person who put you in a genjutsu, this is consistent with what we have been telling you, that genjutsu controls your chakra as oppose to your chakra being controlled to make genjutsu, the reason why this works is the same reason why some genjutsu can be broken out of with Pain, its an external force that causes disruption.
*Stares at the images that disprove what you've been saying.
So we just going to ignore them and act like they don't exist? Cause you know genjutsu is done by controling the chakra inside of your cranial nerves and how to counter it doesn't give it away anymore.
D17oqLZ.png

kCTWBMa.png

OkmsZiP.png

Makes you think on why disturbing your chakra flow is important hmmm.

Bro are you really saying that after posting a scan that disproves this?

No not really when you can't even read your own scan that says they controlling the chakra inside of your brain but hey lets make comments about struggling to keep up.

Ah selective reading it seems kinda explains this situation now that I think of it. Maybe I should have used the highlight feature for you at the bottom cause you seem to be ignoring it.

*Stares at the images that disprove what you've been saying.
So we just going to ignore them and act like they don't exist? Cause you know genjutsu is done by controling the chakra inside of your cranial nerves and how to counter it doesn't give it away anymore.
D17oqLZ.png

kCTWBMa.png
Lol you just proved your-self wrong, reading is getting tough.

Back