• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I fail to see how a genjutsu merchant would be "stronger" or "two of the most powerful forces!!" when hax like that are just cheap methods of winning without outstating the opponent, pretty much contradicts the statement (unless theres other abilities youd like to bring up)
You're thinking of "strength" or "power" in the context of vs debates. In-verse, they simply mean how character A's power fares when put against character B. A notable example is Julius from Black Clover. He's regarded as the strongest magic knight (or whatever they're called). Even though his entire offensive arsenal is hax based. Doesn't mean he punches as hard as Mereleona

A person asked on my profile a while back, I said something like "Zeno blitzes Infinite Tsukuyomi even with speed equalized," and someone made the match anyway. This is crazy.
Yeah, in the time it takes Kaguya's genjutsu to reach him he could run laps around her.

Naruto_-_Chapter_13_-_18.jpg

Not really…
yes really, its terrible
NOTHING supports the premise youre attempting to deliver
You have to be trolling... 😭
nah lil bro elaborate, you cant just dismiss a statement that talks about statistical superiority and write it off as hax being the reason, youre confusing it with statements saying one character would win over the other in which hax can apply
How is Zeno vs. Kaguya even a thread? He blinks and she's vaporized.
shes a grown woman, she spanks that skirt and heel wearing little child /s

from uncountably infinite points in history. she basically gets retconned lmao
ight yall glazing db a lil too much relax
You're thinking of "strength" or "power" in the context of vs debates. In-verse, they simply mean how character A's power fares when put against character B. A notable example is Julius from Black Clover. He's regarded as the strongest magic knight (or whatever they're called). Even though his entire offensive arsenal is hax based. Doesn't mean he punches as hard as Mereleona
black clover is primarily based on hax and spells
Naruto is 60% physical feats 40% jutsus

If im stronger than you in naruto i will beat you physically
because what defines higher power is ultimately physical prowess not spells (unless its a genjutsu vs genjutsu user)

nah lil bro elaborate, you cant just dismiss a statement that talks about statistical superiority and write it off as hax being the reason, youre confusing it with statements saying one character would win over the other in which hax can apply
It never says statistical superiority. If you're stronger than someone, that just means you have greater combat ability, which encompasses everything you use in a fight.

black clover is primarily based on hax and spells
Irrelevant. Most of the Magic Knight captains don't aren't hax oriented offense wise. Yet, Julius is regarded as number one.
Naruto is 60% physical feats 40% jutsus
Irrelevant again.
because what defines higher power is ultimately physical prowess not spells (unless its a genjutsu vs genjutsu user)
Yeah..no. The Sound 4 are a glaring example. Jirobo is considered weaker than Tayuya (a genjutsu and puppet merchant)

ight yall glazing db a lil too much relax
bro....it's LITERALLY on the profile lmao. low 1-C means he can erase uncountably infinite low 2-C (or 2-C) structures, and histories/timelines are usually low 2-C at least. so yeah he literally erases Kaguya across uncountably infinite timelines. we're not glazing anything, DB is just especially powerful at the high ends, and when put against a 5-B character in an obvious mismatch, this is what you'll get

Only one who's confused here is you, 'lil bro'.
Nowhere in that statement does it say that Itachi or Nagato can output AP greater than a Bijū bomb. It's referring to overall combat ability.

The burden falls on you to prove that a generalized statement is in fact referring to a specific thing. That it's not talking about "power" in a holistic sense.

Also, there's a billion example I can pull up where "power" isn't solely referring to AP, but here's one from Itachi's own mouth...

You have a YouTube channel? Can you slide

Nowhere in that statement does it say that Itachi or Nagato can output AP greater than a Bijū bomb. It's referring to overall combat ability.

The burden falls on you to prove that a generalized statement is in fact referring to a specific thing. That it's not talking about "power" in a holistic sense.

Also, there's a billion example I can pull up where "power" isn't solely referring to AP, but here's one from Itachi's own mouth...
Exorcise that ghost Slayer. Then go back to Wrath's basement afterwards

Unless you're gonna be glazing Sasuke every other video, I ain't subscribing.

It never says statistical superiority. If you're stronger than someone, that just means you have greater combat ability, which encompasses everything you use in a fight.
everytime someone says theyre stronger they literally always mean physical stats and rarely when its about new jutsu

itachi IS NOT getting "most powerful" title by sneaking a little genjutsu and running off with one, he also is physically powerful being able to match and overpower hebi sasuke, kabuto, nagato, and be uninferior to ems sasuke

saying "ah x character is stated stronger but there's a tiny forgotten jutsu he had that negated durability so lets not scale him to the full value" is just unnecessarily downplaying it for the sake of downplaying it

Irrelevant. Most of the Magic Knight captains don't aren't hax oriented offense wise. Yet, Julius is regarded as number one.

Irrelevant again.

Yeah..no. The Sound 4 are a glaring example. Jirobo is considered weaker than Tayuya (a genjutsu and puppet merchant)
so? does that mean tayuya is physically weak?
bro....it's LITERALLY on the profile lmao. low 1-C means he can erase uncountably infinite low 2-C (or 2-C) structures, and histories/timelines are usually low 2-C at least. so yeah he literally erases Kaguya across uncountably infinite timelines. we're not glazing anything, DB is just especially powerful at the high ends, and when put against a 5-B character in an obvious mismatch, this is what you'll get
he dont got narrative erasure so hes not retconning anyone and theres more to fights than just ap
You clearly aren't familiar with Ghost's game. Ghost get his ass.
it's time to pull out outer naruto

i gave a bunch of those reasons, you cant just ignore em and tell me to add more, a character who makes heavy use of the susano which is purely ap oriented ability in the war being stronger than bijuus would most likely mean his susano scales above them

No one believes you can just genjutsu your way into victory outside very specific situations that benefit the caster

Strength can simply definitionally mean the power possessed by a person or thing.

Power in turn can just definitionally mean the capacity or capability to do some thing.

Included in that is traditional physical strength and brawn, the capability of punching hard for example is a power one can possess, and thus a quality that makes them strong.

However, the capacity to fell and opponent with a glance (or any other myriad of hax) is also a power one can posses, and similarly thus a quality that makes them strong.

Simply being denoted as the stronger of two fighters doesn’t have to mean your strongest attack has more joules than your opponent. As per the definitions of the word strength, it can refer to things beyond raw AP.

So the notion that strength and whatnot is always referring to physicality is just objectively wrong.

i gave a bunch of those reasons, you cant just ignore em and tell me to add more,
I can, because I found your reasons incredulous and unconvincing.
a character who makes heavy use of the susano which is purely ap oriented ability in the war being stronger than bijuus would most likely mean his susano scales above them
Not inherently, no.
No one believes you can just genjutsu your way into victory outside very specific situations that benefit the caster
I, at the very least, do believe that it's an extremely valid win con for Itachi against the Bijū (and almost anyone in his general tier), so your assertion that no one believes that is simply objectively incorrect.

he dont got narrative erasure so hes not retconning anyone and theres more to fights than just ap
technically, he erased the Arale of another timeline, who came back from narrative erasure. the fact that the timeline is gone means Arale is too....so yeah you could argue that he literally retcons Kaguya because Madara is superior

Back