• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Speed Revisions and Scaling II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrath Of Itachi said:
@Damage can you write a proposal for how his ratings will look like with those new keys?
Okay, I'll start writing it up in the sandbox once I get home.

Yeah I agree and I'm fine with a thread to discuss the tiers separately also.

This one was almost full jsut discussing one tier

Lthesavant said:
Everything we need now is 5-B Naruto god tiers again, just waiting for the day.
VS Battles isn't just about trying to force the highest ratings possible.

@MostPowerfull; I don't think that's up to me. I'll be able to close this thread once Jvando makes a new thread to continue it.

@Wrath; been a bit busier tonight than I liked but I'll post the stuff for Orochimaru soon.

So far my opinion is this:

We scale Orochimaru's first key to Sub-Rel for fighting Hiruzen.

We scale his second key to At least MHS+ for fighting Jiraiya and managing to survive against 4-Tail Naruto.

His 3rd key should be Sub-Rel again for reclaiming his lost power and getting a stronger body via White Zetsu as well as absorbing chakra from Kabuto.

@Wrath; wouldn't base Jiraiya and Tsunade scale to his second key?

They only fought him in the manga when he was weakened after his fight with Hiruzen.

Damage3245 said:
@Wrath; wouldn't base Jiraiya and Tsunade scale to his second key?

They only fought him in the manga when he was weakened after his fight with Hiruzen.
Jiraiya fought Orochimaru when he got kicked out for doing those experiments. During their fight in part 1, Jiraiya was poisoned by tsunade so he couldn't mold his chakra and tsunade had her blood phobia. Although she did get over it, she was destroying Orochimaru when they fought.

Why would Orochimaru be 5x faster than Jiraiya and Tsunade? It makes no sense, they should be comparable to each other.

@Wrath, yeah, but that was in the past.

@M3X; who said anything about him being five times faster than them?

There are other characters we can scale Jiraiya to as well. Such as Itachi, Pain, Konan, etc.

The sub-relativistic tier comes from the 5x multiplier, if Orochimaru scales to sub rel while Jiraiya is only MHS+, then Orochimaru scales to 5 times Jiraiya's speed

Damage3245 said:
@Wrath, yeah, but that was in the past.

@M3X; who said anything about him being five times faster than them?

There are other characters we can scale Jiraiya to as well. Such as Itachi, Pain, Konan, etc.
What does it being in the past have to do with it?

Whatever Prime Orochimaru scales, Jiraiya and Tsunade should scale. If you don't agree, you are saying he is 5x faster than them ƒñÀÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

Wrath Of Itachi said:
What does it being in the past have to do with it?
Because we'd have to be assuming that Orochimaru was just as fast as he was back then.

@M3X; that's only if we're scaling Jiraiya to be as fast as Kakashi's feat.

If we're scaling him to Pain, then he would be above it while still being in the MHS+ tier. The gap wouldn't be as big then.

And you can't tell us a number for Jiraiya's current speed, he scales above Kakashi's feat, yes, butnwe don't know how much. I would like to know a reason to why scale Orochimaru as Sub-Relativistic and Jiraiya as MHS+

@M3X; well, to be honest I'm not sure about Orochimaru scaling to Sub-Rel at all except as a possibility.

Hashirama and Tobirama when summoned originally by Orochimaru were much weaker than they were when alive.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
How is this relevant?
Right now Hiruzen is recieving his scaling from those two; even though there's no evidence that they're anywhere near as fast as when they're alive.

And scaling him to Onoki is a bit sketchy IMO since we don't know how comparable they were exactly at the time that Hiruzen died. The nations had been at peace for several years.

Nations at peace!? They weren't at peace at all. Did you guys forget Shisui vs Ao???? The villages were already fighting at the time Hiruzen was Hokage.

But if we don't wanna use Ononimi then let's not forget Kabuto literally stole Oro's Sage power which granted him his tier. Guess what? Oro took everything back from Kabuto.

Let's not be picky here at all. Oro still ends up being sub rel no way around that and Hiruzen does as well.

Also Onoki at his old age is definitely weaker than he was when he was in his prime.

Bruh a matter of fact they weren't at any peaceful times at all. The hidden Stone and the Hidden Leaf were literally at war the same time Hirzuen was Kage and that's backed up by the fact that Minato didn't become Hokage until after the incident with Obito and Kakashi earning his title Kakashi of the Sharingan.

They were all at war at the same time when they were Kage. These aren't peaceful times at all

A matter of fact I'm definitely supporting Sub Rel Oro because of the fact that he killed one of the Kazekage

> But if we don't wanna use Ononimi then let's not forget Kabuto literally stole Oro's Sage power which granted him his tier.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Kabuto didn't steal any Sage Mode from Orochimaru.

He went to the place where the snakes dwelt and learnt Sage Mode there himself. Orochimaru didn't have a compatible body for Sage Mode at the time.

> A matter of fact I'm definitely supporting Sub Rel Oro because of the fact that he killed one of the Kazekage

I don't think we have any details on how that fight went down.

M3X said:
I think the statement was something like "The greatest Hokage", not the strongest one.
I think it was strongest, kabuto told orochimaru tbere is nk reaosn to be ashamed as hiruzen is still the strongest out of tbe 5 kage

And scaling him to Onoki is a bit sketchy IMO since we don't know how comparable they were exactly at the time that Hiruzen died. The nations had been at peace for several years.

4Ii9wEU

Well that sums this up because Kabuto is insanely intelligent

TataHakai said:
Yes, he had that reputation but I was saying we don't know if Hiruzen was still that strong at the time that he fought Orochimaru. And strongest does not necessarily mean fastest seeing as the Raikage would be faster than him anyway.

The power creep in Naruto makes judging feats from Part 1 using Part 2's later speed scaling a bit unreliable I think. We wouldn't consider Part 1 Naruto to have Sub-Relativistic reactions for keeping up in the fight against Shukaku for example.

Instead of trying to powerscale Hiruzen to Onoki, I think that we should be judging Jiraiya and Orochimaru on the actual fights they've had which I believe would put them as "At least Massively Hypersonic+".

I don't think Hiruzen should be rated as Sub-Rel except only as a possibility.

@Rocker1189; I think that it would be good enough for Jiraiya and Tsunade to be rated as "At least Massively Hypersonic+, likley higher".

And Hiruzen and Orochimaru's prime state to be "At least Massively Hypersonic+, possibly/likely Sub-Relativistic".

No, if Orochimaru is gonna scaleto possibly sub rel, Jiraiya and Tsunade should scale as well. Or don't scale anyone

Pretty sure Oro scales to the Kazekage as well.

Also in Naruto it's not weird for strongest to imply fastest.

Pretty sure Minato was considered the strongest as well because of his speed.

In Naruto when it comes to strongest statements the characters' speed are also being referenced

@AstralKing7; Minato was explicitly referred to as the fastest, not the strongest IIRC.

And Orochimaru's fight with the kazekage is off-screen, we have no idea exactly what happened in the manga except that Orochimaru betrayed him and the Kazekage ended up dying.

Also, I think that Gaara's justifications for being Sub-Rel need re-examining.

I think that part 1 Orochimaru being sub-rel is fine and Base Jiraiya and Base Tsunade shouldn't scale because Base Orochimaru >>>> Base Jiraiya and Tsunade. Yes Jiraiya and Orochimaru fought in the past but that was more than a decade before the start of the series and Orochimaru got significantly stronger since then because he is constantly training and developing new jutsus while Jiraiya just writes **** books. Also Base Jiraiya got stomped by 4 tailed Naruto while Orochimaru with no arms and with sickness was fighting evenly with 4 tailed Naruto. So Base Orochimaru >>>> Base Jiraiya and Tsunade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back