• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Forums Revision Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to help but I can't say much for any possible commitments that may take up my time then. Though, if it's only copying blogs over or putting it in the Wayback, I think I can manage, if only done part by part.

Given that it will be extremely hard for me to do my regular edit monitoring work if too many non-staff members get involved, and there seem to be sufficient staff members available for this, it may be best if we stick with the non-staff members that have Narutoforums accounts with over 25 posts, as we likely need their help with copying calculations to blog posts.

Antvasima said:
Given that it will be extremely hard for me to do my regular edit monitoring work if too many non-staff members get involved, and there seem to be sufficient staff members available for this, it may be best if we stick with the non-staff members that have Narutoforums accounts with over 25 posts, as we likely need their help with copying calculations to blog posts.
Thats fine by me. If you still need me, let me know.

Okay. Thanks. It is up to Ryukama to decide though. He is the one who is organising this.

Also, given that I noticed some confusion elsewhere, an extremely important note for everybody involved in this project:

Do not create new Wayback Machine backups for the calculation links. That will only result in copying the current error messages.

Rather, search for the previous backups, and use the latest version that displays the calculation and related images, after first inspecting it. This will usually be from the middle of 2016, as that was when Lina Shields saved most of them.

Well, for me it would be hard to be available with the preparation for christmas, but after that I'll be free

As I am one of the few with NF accounts, I'd rather work on making new blog posts copying the calcs than replacing links on profiles.

@Matthew

That should be fine, but somebody needs to link to the new calculation blogs in the relevant profiles as well. Also, let's wait for Ryukama to reply first.

@Kepekley23

Yes, I later noticed that you had provided working backup links in your blog. My mistake. Sorry.

Well, it was due to that J-Man was confused about this while talking with you.

Alright.

I think we should divide the staff members willing to participate into teams in order to replace the links as Ryukama said. The normal users should help with the calculations that don't have Wayback Machine backups instead IMO.

Yes, that seems best.

It will also make it far easier for me to handle my usual work routine, as I can ignore all of the coloured username edits.

Here are some options.

1. The users who are copying the links into their own blogs can also replace the links.

2. We have different users to copy the links into their own blogs and different people to replace the links.

3. We focus on copying the links into their own blog for now and then after we're done with that focus on replacing the links later.

I think that option 2 likely works best as well, at least for any calculations copied by non-staff members.

If staff members copy the calculations to blogs, they can replace the links as well, if they wish.

What is this suggestion that will decrease his workload?

To not have non-staff members replace the links, and strictly help with copying the calculations to blog posts.

It will be very hard to do my regular edit monitoring othervise.

Alright. There might not be enough staff to replace links or enough regular members to copy into blog posts.

There seems to be a lot of people available on Wednesday. I don't think there's an issue starting then. But we can also start on the Weekend.

Ryukama said:
Alright. There might not be enough staff to replace links or enough regular members to copy into blog posts.
I mean from this post it looks like having even more people would be helpful.

Plus i believe during weekend people have more time as well.(Someone correct me if i am wrong).

It is probably best to start as soon as possible.

I agree with Ant on starting ASAP.

Also I'm certainly not working on any of this stuff on Christmas Eve or Christmas. I'm pretty sure others are the same.

I think starting on Wednesday or Thursday would be best still.

Also, staff members can naturally also copy to the blog posts, if they wish. That is no problem.

Well, you choose. Thursday is perfect for me as i would have even more free time than usual, but whatever fits the best to majority is good for me.

People can probably join in later, even if we start a bit earlier.

I probably won't be able to participate a whole lot because I plan to really hit the books this week and possibly the next, but I should have some time here and there and I'll probably seek to do what I can here.

My health has worsened a bit and I will be preoccupied with work for the rest of the month. I will be free and perhaps online a lot more in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back