• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Forums Revision Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
We are going to be starting the Naruto Forums Project soon.

The links that have working Wayback Machine backups are simply supposed to be replaced with them, whereas the ones that do not have to first be copied to blogs in this wiki (while giving full credit to the original author), and then those can be linked to instead.

This means that we are very dependent on members with working Narutoforums accounts with more than 25 posts, who are able to copy the calculations here, and will allow regular members to help out with the blog-copying part of the work, although it seems safer, and easier to overview, to let the staff update the character profiles.

This blog will be used to arrange the links, where they need to go and whether or not they're backed up. Also please remember to always give credit when copying calculations to blogs here.

Right now, the purpose is to see who will be available in the next following days to try and help out with this. Once I know who's available, I'll start to organize groups and teams.

@Kepekley23 Thank you very much for all your help.

@Ant No problem.

My last exam is tonight. So I'll be totally free afterwards. I might be helping my little brother with something today though, but until I hop on the train back home I'll be free to do whatever you need me to.

@Reppuzan Sure thing. Take your time and whenever you can just let us know. Thank you.

Considering that regular members are only supposed to copy blogs to the wiki (66 calcs) would "our" help be necessary in the first place?

If you think it's better to have more persons help, than you can count me in.

For this week i could work from within this time period( current hour 18:18 my timeline to 22:00) while from Saturday i would have more or less the entire day.

Might be busy, can't say for sure (Depends on the end dates of the application of a university and some scholarships, and a few presentations due soon.)

@Blanked

Maybe. It depends on how many staff members with Narutoforums accounts that we manage to get involved in this.

I could probably help out from the 23rd onwards for a few days, albeit I can not certainly say how much when (family activities over christmas and stuff).

I should be able to help starting from the day after tomorrow to the 23 (I almost have the 25 edits)

Edit: Actually I can do something tomorrow too

With me having exams these days, i can only help in the weekend (and even then i would likely be busy with revising)

Forgot to clarify that i do have NF account but with only one post.

So if anything, i could help in editing the profiles (again if i am free during that time)

Well, considering the fact that the number of calcs without backups is probably less than a tenth of what most people thought it was, it shouldn't be too hard.

Antvasima said:
@Blanked

Maybe. It depends on how many staff members with Narutoforums accounts that we manage to get involved in this.
Well, i will follow this thread and if my help is necessary, I am available.

Starting Thursday I'll actually be more busy than normal. I have work/family events going on from that point until after Christmas. I'll still be on, but not to a significant extent.

Considering my "looooong break" just started a few days ago, i will certainly be avaliable for the following days so... i will be glad to help with this ...i guess

EDIT: Just to be sure about this.... But the calculations saved in the Wayback machine should be copied to blogs, rather than being just copy-pasted into the pages, right?

Oh damn, i forgot about this.

Unfortunately i won't be able to participate, i'm and will be busy till january more or so, although will be able to comment and edit...i don't think will capable of participate.

Thank you everybody. However, it is good if you remind us who among you that have working Narutoforums accounts.

Ryukama is already putting the project into motion and replacing links.

As such, I think I will help by bringing some calcs to the blogs.

We have talked about this in private, and he will divide you into teams when he knows who will participate. You can place a message on his wall asking how he wants to handle this though.

I'm fine with that, then. In fact, I had the same idea.

EDIT: I suppose talking with him wouldn't hurt, though.

I'll be available starting Wednesday. I have a Narutoforums account but I don't have any posts.

I don't have 25 post on my account. I'll see what I can do but I don't want to spam their forums.

My availability tends to flip flop, so I can't set a date in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back