• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Discussion Thread (formerly Kakashi Hatake vs Raven Branwen)

Kepekley23 said:
@Kin
I love how you barge in 100% sure that Kakashi has never done what TFO said only to be proven wrong
To be fair, I have not read the novels.

Id own up to it, but your attitude would be nice with far less snark.

I also would like to know how Kakashi has precog without the sharigan.

Lemme guess, is that in the novels too?

TheShadowMan777 said:
@Weekly so she didn't finally freeze her at the end of the fight?
When she froze her doesnt matter, nothing implies that she needed to beat Cinder first before she could freeze her when Cinder herself was able to freeze Raven without beating her

KinkiestSins said:
Kepekley23 said:
@Kin
I love how you barge in 100% sure that Kakashi has never done what TFO said only to be proven wrong
To be fair, I have not read the novels.
Id own up to it, but your attitude would be nice with far less snark.

I also would like to know how Kakashi has precog without the sharigan.

Lemme guess, is that in the novels too?
This version of Kakashi has Sharingan (OP banned Kamui)

Kepekley23 said:

Is this really proof that Haku has the better ice? I mean as far as I'm aware we're never given a sold temp for both of their ice. Going by visuals doesn't really sit right with me.

Edit: Didn't notice the second scan, if he can block fire with his ice then it's likely the better of the two. But at the same time Raven did freeze Cinder who has a lava dust infused dress. Both are probably equal now that I think about it.

@Kin just to prove Kakashi got stronger throughout Naruto in part one he can only use chidori twice a day. In beginning of part 2 he can only do it 4 times and Kamui twice. In the war arc he was just straight up spamming. He says kamui takes up more chakra than any other jutsu and if he can spam that,he can spam lightning clones.

just read the LN again some and the ice that was about to freeze Kakashi wasnt a projectile it just started on his body out of nowhere

TheShadowMan777 said:
Nah, you are good.

I am directed at Kepekley tbh.

As for the points.

1. Fire Release was likely copied from Itachi. Sharigan copies ninjutsu, kakashi had his sharigan out blah blah blah etc.

2. Yeah, he got stronger from part one to two, but saying he was 'spamming' is doing no one favors.

What is spamming? 20? 30 times? It is a vague term and open to scrutinty

My original point was still valid, shadow clone jutsu is still chakra taxing and it is still his spam move.

The question you can really boil this match down too is which is likely to happen first? Kakashi incapicitating Raven or Raven freezing Kakashi.

@Knight

Size does matter when dealing with temperature feats, actually. Haku's ice has better feats and a shinobi from his clan with far better control over it was unable to do anything to Kakashi

TheShadowMan777 said:
@Weekly so if she can freeze one shot GG as you say she can why didn't she do that to cinder?
Because then there wouldnt have been a big climactic end of the season fight.

Also, mocking lightning being able to melt ice when lightning burns hotter than the sun's surface doesn't really make...sense.

TheFinalOrder said:
No, he said BFR? Not Kamui.

And this is current Kakashi? Which is the Kakashi without the Sharigan?

Am I really in another reality or are we speaking on parallel channels?

Kepekley23 said:
Also, mocking lightning being able to melt ice when lightning burns hotter than the sun's surface doesn't really make...sense.
You mean like how Raven's ice no sold lightning from Cinder?

Kepekley23 said:
Are we seriously going to get into a debate on lightning temperature from natural sources and compare it a childrens anime?

This needs a source if you want to make that claim

Which to be fair, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MAKE.

He has fire release, you said yourself.

TheShadowMan777 said:
@Weekly If she can't think of that I'm pretty sure Kakashi is smarter. XD
What im saying is it was Plot Induced Stupidity. Cinder, the character whose entire skillset is based almost exclusively around fire, lead right off the bat with ice whereas Raven the ice user didnt when she would have ended the entire fight right then and there and she is by no means dumb enough to not do so, especially knowing what Cinder is capable of.

Kepekley23 said:
@Knight

Size does matter when dealing with temperature feats, actually. Haku's ice has better feats and a shinobi from his clan with far better control over it was unable to do anything to Kakashi

I wouldn't necessarily say that size ties into temperature. A good example would be Kuzan vs Toshiro Hitsugaya or Rukia Kuchiki. Kuzan can freeze a hell of a lot bigger objects than either of these characters but Toshiro's ice manipulation is still the superior ice. It's he same case with Rukia who has AZ. While Kuzan can freeze bigger objects it isn't as good as Toshiro's or Rukia's. Unless the temperature of both was ever stated I'm inclined to say that they'd be even, both have feats of screwing over fire users. However Haku is likely more versatile with his ice if that's what you mean.

@Kin I said spamming just to prove my point that Kakashi got stronger. Even if it isn't doing anybody a favor is sure is doing Kakashi a favor. I didn't count how much he was spamming kamui but it was probably over 100. He fought the seven ninja swordsman spamming it (for 2 full days) plus when he was fighting Obito,Madara,etc...

@Weekly

For the sake of being fair.

I will give the concession anyday Kakashi is smarter.

He has far more versatile combat experience.

You can attribute that to the world and just the nature of his character.

Unsure if it is PIS.

I really need to watch rwby again, but been keeping up with fictions of masterpiece

Which both Naruto and RWBY do not qualify as masterpieces...

Gonna jet for now, and wait for this to get more replies.

KinkiestSins said:
TheFinalOrder said:
No, he said BFR? Not Kamui.
And this is current Kakashi? Which is the Kakashi without the Sharigan?

Am I really in another reality or are we speaking on parallel channels?
Kakashi only has BFR with Sharingan.

Kepekley23 said:
> Are we seriously going to get into a debate on lightning temperature from natural sources and compare it a childrens anime?Complete non-argument.
That is nice, where is my source please?

You are the one stating

A. Lightning can melt Ice.

B. The Ice in Naruto is stronger then the Ice in RWBY.

You are the one who are making the claims, YOU need the source.

Which btw, considering the above.

A. RWBY Ice can block lightning (to be fair, weekly needs a source here too)

B. Debatable, no source was given as such there is no point here other then a circle jerk.

> A. Lightning can melt Ice.

Lightning burns seven times hotter than the Sun's surface.

> B. The Ice in Naruto is stronger then the Ice in RWBY.

By actual feats? Yes, it is. Even genins show better feats with their elements than what Raven has shown. Only way you can argue is by powerscaling Raven's ice, which renders the whole "Cinder's fire melts rock" debate irrelevant.

@Kin Ok Im a mega Narutard but saying lightning is melting ice I'm freaking done (I know you didn't say that) so I have to agree with you on this one. I simply said if he gets frozen he can use purple lightning because it wouldn't melt it,but it would destroy it like sasuke did to kaguya'a iceberg. His purple lightning was so strong (debatable if it's stronger than chidori) it knocked him unconscious when he first used it or tested it.

Also he can launch purple lightning at people. When he first used it or tested it,like I said it launched him in the air and knocked him unconscious.

I think Kakashi vs Cinder was rather tame >~>

Basically it comes down to this...

• Does Kakashi have a response to Raven's Ice Freeze?
The answer is yes. But let me shift the conversation...does Raven have a response to Kakashi's Genjutsu?

Back