• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura: Love and Lightning

The issue is that Kaguya had the Byakugan activated. Something that is seen allowing it's users see omnidirectionally for hundreds of meters, like when Neji activated it and almost instantly spotted 4 seals each hundreds of meters away from him in different directions. This'd suggest that Sakura was well within Kaguya's line-of-sight despite her facing forward. If anything this may even imply that Kaguya was blitzed by Sakura. This is also consistent with Kaguya moving upward with enough speed to dodge Six Paths Naruto and Rinnegan Sasuke, and Sakura easily tagging her. And even by Kaguya failing to dodge Sakura AFTER noticing her coming. So an exhausted base Sakura while being in a good mental state is performing better feats than she was performing at full-power with the Byakugo while uncertain.
I'd be much more prepared to call that simple PIS given that Kaguya's Byakugan should have informed her that Sakura was above her in the first place yet she still chose to dodge upwards towards her and was surprised when she attacked.

I'd be much more prepared to call that simple PIS given that Kaguya's Byakugan should have informed her that Sakura was above her in the first place yet she still chose to dodge upwards towards her and was surprised when she attacked.
That's because Kaguya never considered Sakura a threat and even passed and chose to ignore her after walking in Sakura's face. It's not that Kaguya didn't know Sakura was above. It's simply that she never thought much of Sakura and thought she won't be an issue. Kaguya's decision, from her PoV, would have been justified, given Sakura felt scared and uncertain for the majority of the fight against her and never managed to show her maximum capacity.

I agree with the whole notion of mental amps being a major aspect but this makes it seem if Sakura scaling to Kaguya was just a thing of determination and not a one-time resolve amp/PIS.

Overall Sakuras performance can increase and decrease based on her emotional state (just as any other Naruto character can) but this is not just simply a matter of lacking or not lacking determination.

I agree with the whole notion of mental amps being a major aspect but this makes it seem if Sakura scaling to Kaguya was just a thing of determination and not a one-time resolve amp/PIS.

Overall Sakuras performance can increase and decrease based on her emotional state (just as any other Naruto character can) but this is not just simply a matter of lacking or not lacking determination.
They can stack I guess. Determination + Emotional amp + Wanting to look good in front of Suske.

Back