• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Discussion Thread (formerly Kakashi Hatake vs Raven Branwen)

I still don't get how Raven is city level. Shouldn't Sasuke from the Itachi fight be city level then? He created a storm for his Kirin. Sasuke didn't do it casually but he still did it.

wait did you guys not see where he said Kakuzu is mountain level for taking a hit from the two tails? Lol besides that Kakashi gets my vote since he uses genjutsu in Boruto. Also has a lot exp fighting and is prepared for almost anything that can happen in a battle and has a variety of useful tools and is also a master at stealth

@Astral Experience-wise kakashi and raven are equal and im fairly certain raven's arsenal of elemental sword blades are superior to kakashi's equipment

imo Kakashi has the advantage in exp since he is older than her and has been on the field since a kid. He also has faced most of the powers she has and knows how set up counter attacks to them. Sure her weapons can be better than his but kakashi's tools can be used in ways that dont have to be CQC. For instance he can set up a field of explosive bombs tied to a wire or he can even put a paper bomb on a shadow or lightning clone to catch her off guard. Kakashi can also gather informaton while using clones to learn about his enemy and these clones like i said can be lightning clones who can paralyize her for a couple of seconds if she decides to attack them. He also has the ability to turn his clones into lighning beasts if i remember correctly that can catch her off guard.

No, Kakashi is pretty plainly far more experienced when it comes to combat. He was already fighting Tier 7 wars as a 13 year old, went toe to toe with a guy who has 90 years of experience on his belt, was a major lid on the Akatsuki's plans, was said to be able to match a guy whose skill was comparable to the 50+ year old Sannin who won the 3rd Great Shinobi War for Konoha, and etc.

Raven's experience extends to hype and scaling to Qrow.

damn now that i think about it kakashi was even able to formaluate a whole plan around the information he had on Kakuzu and get it right in his first encounter with him against someone who has lived in the days with Hashi wear the opponents were way stronger than average ninja

Hes not older by anything significant, theyre both in their late 40s. Raven has been in the field as a kid as well, and her training wasnt formal like kakashi's was but she was still able to become skilled enough to be able to get into a prestigious huntsman academy like beacon despite having no formal training background. Most of his attacks would be stopped by her ice bubble barrier and he has no counter to being frozen solid, and most if not all of raven's swords have ranged capabilities.

@Kep Why are you correlating AP with experience and skill? The two have almost nothing in common.

Actually sasuke could've created a bigger storm. He just didn't 'cause Itachi had his Amaterasu flames in the entire area so he took advantage.

For this thread I think it could be a tie. Both of them are around the same experience and speed is equalized. If speed wasn't equalized it would be a different story.

kakashi was being frozen solid before in the LN but he stopped it and stopped it from spreading with his chakra. Also if she has a ice bubble kakashi can just respond with fire style or he can travel underground while having a shadow clone stay above ground to distract her while he uses his stealth skills to kill her. Lets not forget kakashi can use genjutsu

WeeklyBattles said:
TheFinalOrder said:
Unlike the Ice Jutsu used on Kakashi in the Novel, Raven's Ice ability isn't continuous. Once it's broken, it's broken.
Her ice ability also is instant and has no projectile so hes not dodging it
It's not "Instant". It freezes upwards quickly and Iirc, it only encases someone in Ice. It doesn't freeze through and through. Kakashi is still fast enough react to the rate of expansion over his body.

The more I think about it kakashi would win. Not to mention his purple lightning was so strong when he first used it,it knocked him unconscious.

Kepekley23 said:
Fighting is definitely correlated with skill.
Getting enrolled onto Beacon is hardly a significant skill feat. By the way, the name's Jaune Arc. Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue. Ladies love it.
Yes, it is, but youre comaring AP with skill, which is wrong. A Martial arts master will never beat a tank in a fight.

Youre using the guy who literally used fake grades and information and lied his way into beacon and on the first day people called him out saying he wasnt anywhere near skilled enough to be there.

@Astral Her ice clashed with Cinder's fire and didnt go down, Kakashi will need more than fire to get through it

@Final React to it in what way exactly? It froze Cinder in at best 2 seconds and has no projectile so there's nothing to react to. He'd be left open long enough for Raven to take him out.

Kakashi also has way more stamina than Raven. He fought all of the seven ninja swordsman in 2 full days I believe? It was either 1,2,or 3 full days I forgot.

> Yes, it is, but you're comparing AP with skill, which is wrong. A Martial arts master will never beat a tank in a fight.

I definitely listed way more than AP. I listed him surpassing and being comparable to people who beat Raven by leaps and bounds on solid skill and experience.

Your experience for Raven is literally just Raven graduating early and getting enrolled onto Beacon. Kakashi graduated from the academy when he was 4 and became a jonin when he was 10-11. Young Kakashi, by actual feats, is already literally far more skilled than Raven

@Weekly I feel like you're downplaying kakashi here. Kakashi tricked a lot of people by sneaking underground or creating a clone to distracts his opponents. The way kakashi fights is thinking a step ahead.

Raven as a child with no formal training was able to become so skilled that by the time she was the proper age she got into Beacon through sheer skill which normally requires years of training at a combat school for several years to do, she then went on to train directly under Ozpin and became skilled enough that he entrusted her and Qrow with their powers and he wanted them to join his inner circle but Raven refused. She then went on to continue training on her own and eventually came into her Maiden powers and trained further using them to the point that she was able to perform her storm feat with such control that no one knew she was doing it despite he rstanding right in front of them. Even Mercury, who was able to determine Pyrrha's semblance (which she managed to keep hidden from the world for her entire life) in a few minutes, was fooled.

fire = ice = steams which kakashi can use for a great cover as seen when he makes use of mist in his battle with Zabuza

AstralKing7 said:
fire = ice = steams which kakashi can use for a great cover as seen when he makes use of mist in his battle with Zabuza
Again, fire wont do anything to Raven's ice, her fight with Cinder already showed that

And how exactly does any of this help him avoid being frozen solid by an attack that has no projectile that he cant avoid?

He can definitely avoid that. Kakashi always thinks a step ahead,again he became a JONIN at age 11. He's definitely not stupid and like I said he always thinks a step ahead. What if he's hiding underground and has a clone that she attacked?

@Weekly

Kakashi would legitimately put out Cinder's fire with a casual Suiton. It's literally Genin Sasuke level when it comes to demonstrated heat. Sasuke's Hosenka no Jutsu alone matched what it has shown on screen

I know this is completely irrelevant but does anyone remember after kakashi developed the chidori,he ran up a hill with low chakra and split a lightning bolt in half?

Kepekley23 said:
Kakashi's casual fire release would be able to melt Raven's ice by actual feats
Again, how does that help when he cant move to be able to use the jutsu that would be able to do so? It doesnt matter if the fire has feats when he wont be able to use them.

Back