• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Discussion Thread (formerly Kakashi Hatake vs Raven Branwen)

How cold was the ice Kakashi resisted? Was it ever stated at all?

I'm not sure if anything is special about Ravens ice temperature wise.

TheShadowMan777 said:
Are you sure he won't be able to use them? He can 100% use it. And why won't he be able to move?
Because he will be frozen solid in ice that people comparable to him in AP need significant time and effort to break through

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I'm not sure if anything is special about Ravens ice temperature wise.
Cinder's lava dust-imbued dress that can melt stone on contact couldnt melt through it

Cinder's fire also can casually melt steel

He wouldn't resist the ice but I'm 100% sure he can casually break out by using purple lightning. Did you not see sasuke get frozen by kaguya and break out? Well he was in much thicker Ice but I'm pretty sure him being frozen wouldn't really be give Raven a GG since he can break out easily.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Final React to it in what way exactly? It froze Cinder in at best 2 seconds and has no projectile so there's nothing to react to. He'd be left open long enough for Raven to take him out.
He can:

• Cloak his Body in a layer of chakra to prevent it from spreading
  • Channel Electricity through his body to break the Ice.
Both of which are faster than the rate of expansion of Raven's Ice over the body and Still leave him time to defend himself.

Ontop of this, she only gets one shot before Kakashi makes it pointless to use.

Well the way kaguya froze sasuke was actually pretty strong. She froze him in a iceberg and I highly doubt Raven can create an iceberg. That's why sasuke kind of struggled.

TheFinalOrder said:
WeeklyBattles said:
@Final React to it in what way exactly? It froze Cinder in at best 2 seconds and has no projectile so there's nothing to react to. He'd be left open long enough for Raven to take him out.

That isnt...how chakra or his lightning release works.

It has never been shown to do this ever.

His best bet would probably be fire style, which he can use..

Does this version of Kakashi has kamui?

@TFO

He copied Itachi's Fireball Jutsu, IIRC.

Assuming he doesn't retain it, his lightning release still does the job rather well.

Literally nothing on the likes of Narutoverse Lightning Release.

Chidori can pierce right through Gaara's Ultimate Defense.

@Weekly So if he gets frozen he'll probably just have a clone be frozen or break out with purple lightning. Did you forget he thinks a step ahead?

And yes he can channel electricity through his body. Did you not see sasuke do it in the fight with deidara? If sasuke can do it kakashi can do it.

TheShadowMan777 said:
@Weekly So if he gets frozen he'll probably just have a clone be frozen or break out with purple lightning. Did you forget he thinks a step ahead?
How exactly is he going to use Purple Lightning if he cant move? Raven's freezing has no projectile and no tell until she's already used it and its already affecting her target, how exactly is he going to plan for an attack like this when he has no idea she can use it in the first place?

Hokage Gaara is 7-B.

Also, aren't you the one who is bringing up Cinder's fire melting rock as if it was impressive enough for Raven's barrier to no-sell Kakashi's jutsus?

Are you kidding me? Do you not watch Naruto? Sasuke was completely frozen in an Iceberg and he was able to activate his chidori. Kakashi can do the same thing.

Kepekley23 said:
Hokage Gaara is 7-B.
Also, aren't you the one who is bringing up Cinder's fire melting rock as if it was impressive enough for Raven's barrier to no-sell Kakashi's jutsus?
What temperature are his jutsus?

@Shadow

If he uses a shadow clone variant, he really be skimped out for chakra. He stated himself he doesn't have good chakra reserves.

Also, ah yes, the "if this character can do it, so can this one!"

Love that one, makes alot of sense.

@Weekly

Kakashi opens up with clones, lightning release and ninjutsu basically.

So it is pretty much just versatility vs freezing.

Not gonna get into a flame war on who is smarter tbh.

TheShadowMan777 said:
Raven has to actually concentrate to activate it. She had to actually beat cinder to finally freeze her. Did you not forget that?
No she doesnt, nothing implies that she did

@Kin he did state that it takes a lot of his chakra but that was Kakashi in the pain arc. Kakashi got way stronger after that and he was even spamming his clones in the war arc. Did you forget that? He fought the seven ninja swordsman for like 2 full days spamming chidori's up the a$$ and lightning clones.

Also, can we stop arguing about skill? It's honestly a trope in fiction that is "almost" always disregarded in 95% of verses.

I believe Raven has shown h2h skill enough to match Kakashi and vise versa. At worst, Raven hasn't dealt with basic Ninja Abilities:

• Bunshin/Kage Bunshin
  • Substitution
Etc. Neither has she dealt with Precog. Kakashi has the advantage in Cqc and surprise factors. As with Cinder, his tactics and skillset makes Raven's job harder. Kakashi does have response to everything Raven can do, but the same can't be said vise-versa. This Kakashi also has Sharingan Genjutsu.

Anyways, my vote goes to Kakashi. He has a response to everything Cinder can do while she doesn't. With precog, he has the advantage in h2h as well.

Kakashi's precog is done via physical movement, its not true precog.

Kakashi still has no counter to Raven's freezing

TheShadowMan777 said:
@Kin he did state that it takes a lot of his chakra but that was Kakashi in the pain arc. Kakashi got way stronger after that and he was even spamming his clones in the war arc. Did you forget that? He fought the seven ninja swordsman for like 2 full days spamming chidori's up the a$$ and lightning clones.
First off, we didn't see the 7 swordsman fight, we literally do not know how it worked out.

Uhh, when did he 'spam clones'?

I saw him spam his Kamui far more then he spammed clones.

Shadow Clone Jutsu was also explicitly forbidden because it uses alot of Chakra.

I will come back to this match up later with an analysis, but this thread already gave me cancer.

Thanks Weekly and Knight. </3

Haku's ice has better feats than Raven's ice control and he was a genin. A simplified chakra armor from Kakashi was able to halt ice from a high chunin\jonin Ice Release user.

WeeklyBattles said:
Kakashi's precog is done via physical movement, its not true precog.
Kakashi still has no counter to Raven's freezing
This Kakashi doesn't have precog to my knowledge.

He doesn't have the sharigan.

But yes, you are correct.

I am starting to wonder if I was beamed into a another reality where people think lightning burns ice and precog is used in an argument when he doesn't have his sharigan.

KinkiestSins said:
TheFinalOrder said:
WeeklyBattles said:
That isnt...how chakra or his lightning release works.
It has never been shown to do this ever.

His best bet would probably be fire style, which he can use..

Does this version of Kakashi has kamui?
False. Kakashi demonstrated this in the novel and Boruto's graduation exams.

@Kin

I love how you barge in 100% sure that Kakashi has never done what TFO said only to be proven wrong

@Kin He definitely was spamming. Kakashi was spamming chidori's,kamui's and lightning clones. Also he said lightning clones takes up a lot of chakra not regular clones. If he can spam kamui and lightning blade he can definitely spam lightning clones. To put it short if he can spam kamui that can put him in the hospital in the beginning of shippuden he can definitely span lightning clones. This is proof he got stronger.

Back