• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 27

So Cath Palug is somone who challenged a god to be the new king and take power, but was defeated and punished, also they were hyped up to be unbeatable, and then got pretty much One-shot...

Isn't that just the Original Demon... really Nakaba? The same plot-point as before

Idk wtf is wrong this fandom. You guys have so much of a problem with this manga and the writing. You point out all of the flaws and call the manga shit but u always find the time in your life to read it and criticize.

You even make time to comment on the thread.

Yeah, that's basically a problem every fandom has when the quality of a series goes downhill. It happened to Naruto, it happened to Fairy Tail, so of course it'll happen here too.

@AstralKing7

It takes very little time to read a chapter and I've committed myself to casually finishing this manga, I also get enjoyment from speaking my opinion on the series progression, I don't have malice in my heart for this series, I just enjoy analyzing it

I do admit that I wish there was a little more love for the series now, I mean it's not great, but it's still drawn beautifully

@Ionliosite

Fairy Tail has a generally happy fandom at the moment

Yeah it's annoying getting investing in something you thought would be worthwhile and entertaining for it to just turn out bad almost 2/3s in. If you've read those 2/3s you may as well see it to completion, it isn't exactly that time consuming when you're caught up. I skim read the chapters at this point takes me a few minutes at worst.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Fairy Tail has a generally happy fandom at the moment
At the moment, because of the sequel, but not during the Alvarez Empire arc. People groaning every chapter about how the battles, writting, characters, etc. were bad and the series needed to die.

@Ionliosite

Yeah, I remember... this site had a bunch of people who disliked Fairy Tail in charge of the verse, everyone disliked every chapter every week...

It was mad awkward being the only person who liked the Alvarez Arc and the conclusion of the series, but now, the site has a bunch of people who even like the Alvarez Arc

I'm sure the same will happen for NNT once it ends, 100 Year Quest Sequel was a soft reboot and made the series great again, hopefully NNT can get the same treatment

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Ionliosite
Yeah, I remember... this site had a bunch of people who disliked Fairy Tail in charge of the verse, everyone disliked every chapter every week...

It was mad awkward being the only person who liked the Alvarez Arc and the conclusion of the series, but now, the site has a bunch of people who even like the Alvarez Arc

I'm sure the same will happen for NNT once it ends, 100 Year Quest Sequel was a soft reboot and made the series great again, hopefully NNT can get the same treatment
"Me waiting to flop again":BAKANA!!!!

SupremeGilgamesh said:
"Me enjoying you fools getting angry over this manga while my favorite manga has ended seven times each with a perfect ending":Just Chilaxxin
Looks at Stone Ocean killing the whole main cast, then looks at the boy who died of a cold on Steel Ball Ru

im not mad.. it only had one bad arc .. we dont know if this arthur thing is another arc or just a closer anyways ... and ofc cath got one shot it was arthur who did it.. not like he was fightin the sins which ill like to point out none of their attacks did anything to his dimension

AstralKing7 said:
Idk wtf is wrong this fandom. You guys have so much of a problem with this manga and the writing. You point out all of the flaws and call the manga shit but u always find the time in your life to read it and criticize.
You even make time to comment on the thread.
i've invested too much in this series i feel like i have to see how it ends.

This series needs another badass group that's cunning and not arrogant so the author doesn't make them fall to stupidity

what if... arthur makes knights of the round table and they fight the sins? xd

the sins can get 2 new members also since their 2 out now

They created Cath's backstory with exposition just so he could be killed?

In the story, it's completely out of nowhere. There's no build up or anything of the sort. But Cath Palug is an actual mythical figure (to an extent) in Arthurian legend, so it makes sense, I guess.

Ban and the Red Demon destroyed the Sacred Tree in the past, and Albion casually cut it in half. They should be at least as powerful as the Demon King.

ByAsura said:
They created Cath's backstory with exposition just so he could be killed?
In the story, it's completely out of nowhere. There's no build up or anything of the sort. But Cath Palug is an actual mythical figure (to an extent) in Arthurian legend, so it makes sense, I guess.

Ban and the Red Demon destroyed the Sacred Tree in the past, and Albion casually cut it in half. They should be at least as powerful as the Demon King.
i told you guys that days ago xd... but the way i see it.. it was to show case arthurs powers ...sins were having a slight issue dealing with it and arthur just slashes the dimension up neg diff

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Ionliosite

I don't buy that fact

Well, in the Fairy Tail Wiki, a poll to see what's the best arc was made, and Alvarez had the more votes, so, vindicated by history somehow?

so guys ....i hate bringing it back up but i feel we keep dismissing it without a proper convo... can we have another discussion about ark beams? it being light particles which btw if you google are protons and just cuz fodders uses them dont mean we have to ignore it

What's the counter against Arc beams? Do they bend? Do they explode? I know they're magical which kinda is already a point against it but is there anything to them besides stated to be Light?

It being used by fodders means nothing, you just need to prove the beams are lightspeed. And see who reacted to it, like Gowther did sometimes, Diane and King, pre and post wings. Since they are massively above Mid End MHS+, it should be consistent

taka i made a whole post but it got debunk due to fodders using it.. and im not talking about the bending ones they manipulate im talking raw beams , straight, reflecting,stated protons/particles of light and gowther outpaced it... mael dodged one from tarmel i posted all of that :/

I remember the beam reflecting off a shield (made of steel/iron, whatever) and Diane's hammer, wich should also be made of some metal. Can you link Mael's feat?

Back