• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 26

Naruto's war was good except for the Kaguya part. Bleach's war is actually good if you read it from start to finish without the weekly break. Fairy Tail's war was also nice but it would've been a lot better if some characters actually died. Seven Deadly Sins's war is well okay at the start but than it became really bad towards the end.

The cop outs kinda ruin some of the emotional moments. For example Gajeel not dying after getting sucked into the portal thing, Juvia not dying after committing suicide, and then there's friggin Makarov who I don't even think I need to explain.

I don't really see how would have made that mess of an arc any better. The overly hyped Spriggans were basically fodderized, tons of battles ended on one-shots or asspulls (August and Irene were by far the worst), Zeref's big goal was basically Ultear all over again, and Acno... I don't even need to explain what's wrong with his battle.

Well Hiro did make two points about it and the series, in contrast to his previous work Rave, Fairy Tail is more lighter and did not kill off characters unless they are confirmed without a shadow of a doubt dead, and Alvarez is about Hope, not really as dark as Tartaros was.

You're focusing too much on the fights. The whole love story with Mavis and Zeref was actually really good. August's death after being revealed to be their son was also really emotional and it's definitely my favorite part of the Alvarez Arc. Even the whole thing with Irene was pretty interesting.

To me Fairy Tail's main selling point isn't the fights. It's the character interactions and their backstories. The fight is more of a bonus to me.

I don't understand something you said Peter. What does Nanatsu have that make you think "Wow, that's really good" without thinking about opinions, but something good technically? Nothing. Art is shit, plot is worst than Bleach and FT, and even Black Clover. The author doesn't even know what he is doing anymore.

"Wow, but there are love story between Meliodas and Eliz"

Yeah and that sucks. The whole plot is focused on this shit but Nakaba couldnt do something at least above average. If you ask me to create a love story better than this, I would create it easily

Peter1129 said:
To me Fairy Tail's main selling point isn't the fights. It's the character interactions and their backstories. The fight is more of a bonus to me.
I don't disagree there, the characters are easily the best part of Fairy Tail. I'm just saying, this is a nekketsu manga, the main selling point of these stories is their fights.

The only thing I can think about being good in NNT is the fights, but the art is horrible, sometimes you can't even understand what is happening, and I could understand Magi's art

I really only got into Seven Deadly Sins because of the cool fights (and Escanor when he appeared) the story never really caught my interest. Fairy Tail I started liking it because of the character interactions. For Naruto and Bleach it's a mix of both.

I love the Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail's War Arcs...

I guess I'm the outlier here

I just love the artwork and characters in Fairy Tail, so the meh... fights don't bother me

Seven Deadly Sins War does fail way more than the others

I think it's cause that there were no One on One's and the war was basically one long boring fight between multiple characters who had asspulls and villains who were unthreatening or even emotional

It also doesn't really help when all the fights that happened are either I stomp or you stomp. Like it gives a huge scaling chain and stuff but we rarely see any actual fights where they go toe to toe with each other. The only fight that I remember as being somewhat fair was Weakened Chandler vs the Sins.

M3X said:
I don't understand something you said Peter. What does Nanatsu have that make you think "Wow, that's really good" without thinking about opinions, but something good technically? Nothing. Art is shit, plot is worst than Bleach and FT, and even Black Clover. The author doesn't even know what he is doing anymore.

"Wow, but there are love story between Meliodas and Eliz"

Yeah and that sucks. The whole plot is focused on this shit but Nakaba couldnt do something at least above average. If you ask me to create a love story better than this, I would create it easily
Do it

if you can call that a war. my problem is that when you introduce so many superpowered beings in one setting, it just makes the military force gathered there irrelavent, though they did at least introduce some real world circumstances of war

We will have an early chapter because of next week's "coming of age" holiday in Japan, so you might expect the Korean chapter to drop on Thursday at the earliest

Now that I've re-watched the previous episodes this season; I feel the animation and artsytle clash; when characters aren't moving or aren't in combat the art-style is passable however as soon as any high action scenes take place.... It's almost like the art-style literally can't keep up with the animation and starts looking like freeze-frames!.

Animation can be a stressful and tiresome job (especially in JP) but it's honestly amazing how inconsistent standards can be considered acceptable but hey money and unstoppable deadlines say otherwise!.

It's a shame NNT got the madhouse treatment... :/

Back