• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh right i was reading the offcial merlin talks about people of the lake and some voice came out and hawk asked who it was

I find that rather complicated, because Meliodas did a similar feat in anime and there was no heat or vaporization, when he did that to Galand.

Not that it matters. I doubt the Danafor calc will be higher than whatever AP Prime Meliodas will scale to after the revisoins.

dont bother we already have a official one that was animated no need to use this one that wasnt even in the manga

I feel like this is the first time in a long time where we don't know exactly where the story is going, and it's honestly pretty refreshing. I think it's pretty obvious that the Sins will save Arthur somehow, but I vastly prefer this to the Demon King repeat fights.

i think it was agreed upon in another thread that we should ignore that because it doesn't make any sense

This time they straight up showed that it was Prime Meliodas that blew up Danafor not Unsealed Meliodas. And the new scene from the anime is the same one that was shown in the volume extra so it is canon. This is like the fourth time this retcon has been shown. And Nakaba is heavily involved with the anime and even added extra scenes about the past Elizabeth's that he talked about in the q&as. So he will likely remove the retconned stuff such as the line about Escanor never fought Meliodas before from the anime.

Originally we agreed to ignore it until the series goes more in-depth about the retcon. And now it did. The anime which adapts the new events of Danafor from the volume extra straight up shows Meliodas using his Prime Demon Mark instead of Unsealed Demon Mark. This confirms that the retcon is here to stay.

Is the anime changing anything or just adapting the source material chapter-for-chapter? If it's the latter, then there's no new evidence.

Not yet. But right now the anime has been using the newer events so it is likely that the line about Escanor never fighting Meliodas in the past will be removed when the fight happens in the anime.

ByAsura said:
Is the anime changing anything or just adapting the source material chapter-for-chapter? If it's the latter, then there's no new evidence.
It's the latter and some of the former. The newest episode adapted this extra chapter from the volume extra as well as some extra story about past Elizabeth that Nakaba answered in past q&as.

(Q264): Have the past Elizabeth's ever died to something other than the curse/reclaiming their memories? -She's died from old age too.

https://coffin-of-eternal-darkness..../storyboard-of-extra-scene-the-destruction-of

https://coffin-of-eternal-darkness..../storyboard-of-extra-scene-the-destruction-of

how about we talk about implementing the retcon into the profiles after the anime says escanor has fought mel before instead of straight up saying the retcon should be used when the former hasn't happened yet.

That's just a storyboard and rough draft of the anime episode which looks really messy so we couldn't tell for sure which Meliodas it was. The anime which is the full version confirms that it was Prime Meliodas that blew up Danafor.

Danafor Meliodas

Again, because it's directly taking events from chapters in the story arc it's adapting. It's not new information and the anime is non-canon.

The Danafor events in the anime is canon. It literally has the exact same events and lines as the extra chapter which served as a storyboard/rough draft for the scene in the anime. That's the new version of the Danafor destruction that Nakaba wrote which confirms Meliodas blew up Danafor using his Prime Demon Mark and not his Unsealed Demon Mark. Before it was only speculated since Meliodas had his Prime demon mark before the series started.

How is the story board different from what happened 11 years before the story? In fact, Meliodas is berserk there. Again, they're adapting events directly from this story arc. If there's another flashback showing it was berserk Meliodas, they'd probably adapt that as well.

Like I said we couldn't tell which Meliodas did it since the art was messy. The final version of the events which is the anime showed its Prime Meliodas.
Danafor Meliodas
And these are all scenes that Nakaba made so this is the new version. In the original version we only saw Meliodas go berserk we never saw which demon mark he used when he went berserk. It was likely the Unsealed for the original version but that's been retconned. Now it's Prime Mel that did it not Unsealed Mel. There's been way too many evidence of this retcon for it to just be ignored.

It's berserk, you can see in the middle sca that Meliodas' marks run down his entire face. It wasn't likely unsealed, it was unsealed for the original.

Guys, the retcon should be accepted, we have consistent evidence that Meliodas was in Prime when he destroyed Danafor, I mean, it's blatantly shown to us

No, we have one scene of Meliodas nearly breaking down where he has the same Demon Mark as his prime (or even his post-resurrection state given how this was released in the middle of the Estarossa/Mael stuff), which can easily be a change in art style/incompetent writing. We have one side chapter that says Meliodas could still use his Assault Mode, which outright retcons the original fight with Escanor as well. And then there's the anime.

On the other hand we have the entire plot line of Seven Deadly Sins + direct statements that Meliodas got weaker over the years and the story board that says he went berserk.

but didnt we already accepted that tho? this isnt the first time we agreed on this thats why i said ignore the new one since we already went over it and agreed it was prime mel

It can't be the same Meliodas, the Meliodas that blew up Danafor had a base PL of 32k (Merlin sealed that power, and later when he got it back after the Druid training his PL was stated), after DK ate his emotions he got bumped to 60k. If it was the same Mel then after regaining his sealed powers he should have been 60k in base, not 32k. There is more evidence supporting that Nakaba is dumb than that it's a retcon. Also animation should never be taken into account. In addition some of your NNT profiles scaling is wack, not sure if this is the place to complain about that though.

Like we've been saying that has been retconned. It's Prime Demon Mark Meliodas who is over 201k that went berserk and blew up Danafor now, not Unsealed Demon Mark Meliodas who is 56k.

There has been three scenes showing Meliodas in his Prime before the series began. The extra chapter that was adapted in the anime is the fourth time. This time it straight up shows its Prime Meliodas that blew up Danafor and not Unsealed Meliodas.

Well yeah the profiles are missing a lot of abilities and stuff since nobody bothers updating them now. There's still a revision going on that's updating their AP which is also on hold because of the Original Demon calc as well as the cross verse scaling. And now we also need to add the retcon onto the list again so I doubt the AP will be updated anytime soon.

I'm talking about the speed lol the AP is fine, there is no rel Mael,King,Ban despite all of them scaling above base Mel who performed the rel feat. Also i think all of this is just a drawing error cuz as i said, there is more evidence that this isn't a retcon, and Nakaba making a drawing mistake is understandable cuz he's a bad mangaka.

That's part of the revision. King and Ban scales above Base Meliodas. There's actually more evidence of it being a retcon. Nakaba literally made Assault Mode Meliodas one shot The One Escanor in the gaiden which people claim is inconsistent but now we straight up have Meliodas with his Prime Demon Mark during Danafor. And we know it's his Prime Demon Mark as his Post-Revival Demon Mark looks different. And we will see it again next episode. Although I am fine with waiting for the next two or three more episode for the Escanor vs Meliodas fight to see if that line about them never fighting before will get removed. If it does get removed than that basically confirms that Nakaba has decided to completely retcon it. Although I still think this retcon should be taken literally even if that line is still in.

We don't even know that's his Prime Demon Mark. Before Chapter 205, this is what his Prime Demon Mark looks like. It could have just as well been an artstyle change here, especially since we only ever see that same type of mark when he fights DK Zeldris and when he confronts Zeldris, and even on these occasions it's noticeably much smaller and less thick. By the way, in 205, it's identical to his Post-Resurrection self.

He was also in the process of losing control in 275.5, so we don't know that Meliodas wouldn't have become Berserk like he did in the original version.

There's not more evidence, in reality the Escanor Gaiden shit only suggests that he has Assault Mode, not even that it was Prime, and that's a side-story that trampels on chapter 230, 231 and 232.

"straight up have Meliodas with his Prime Demon Mark during Danafor." I've already explained this wasn't his Prime Demon Mark, look at his face here and you'll see there's marks streaking across his entire cheek, akin to his out of control form.

The story itself denies the retcon. The DK said Mel grew weaker over the course of those 3000 years after the Holy War, Meliodas himself sid the same thing in Nakaba's storyboard, and of course, there is the fact that Unsealed Meliodas has a maximum PL of 56k with Demon Mark, far from his prime. Meliodas wasnt at his prime when he almost destroyed Liones, because that power is the same he has as Unsealed Meliodas (Merlin gave him back all his power), the same goes for Danafor, which has been shown to be Wrath Meliodas.

This is just Nakaba's inconsistencies, which we already agreed make no sense with the story, otherwise Meliodas would have stomped the Commandments at Vaizel, but that wasnt the case right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back