• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nami vs. Curly Brace (Battle of the Lightning-Wielding Chicks) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
While a series of large explosions caused by this fight was happening, another character has boarded the Island, though with much more stealth involved and a much more different goal in mind. The orange-haired girl eventually found herself in the location she was seeking, the Mimiga Village, hearing that there was a vast treasure located in this place. However, someone else had seemingly gotten there first, along with a bunch of small rabbit-like creatures. When the girl with the Mimigas finally noticed her, she told the others to flee, and then pulled out her gun ready to defend the little creatures. Though she didn't want a fight, the treasure-happy navigator found that there was no other choice in the matter, so she pulled out her Clima-Tact and readied for a fight.

In the blue corner, we have Nami from One Piece, and in the red corner, we have Curly Brace from Cave Story.

Nami 01 by candycanecroft-d3ijya0
JAPCurly
-This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help, so Curly's annoying Mimiga force must stay out of this.

-This battle takes place in the Mimiga Village, giving Curly the home-court advantage.

-This fight is against Post-Timeskip Nami, but before the Whole Cake Arc.

-Speed will not be equalized, since both characters' peak speeds scale from lightning dodges.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Nami: 7 (Calaca Vs, Rei Rubro, PlumCrayfish376, Jackythejack, Js250476, Phoenix821, KobsterHope07)

Curly: 0

Inconclusive: 0

What's Curly's speed feat she scales to? It's accepted that Nami's top speed is Mach 909 so I'm pretty sure she'd hold a good speed advantage. No matter the number, isn't blitz worthy but a good one. BTW Nami's attack speed is MHS+ with lightning since she uses real lightning, dunno about Curly tho but it's a great advantage.

But Curly holds a + so she has the AP advantage here but IDK by how much. Kobster also said that the Low 7-B should scale to Sai but I don't think Nami should. Still she's comparable to Franky albeit weaker.

I'm also pretty sure that Nami should be able to deflect and redirect Curly's lightnings with the Thunder Balls like she did with Enel, rendering them useless.

With all this being said, Nami is probably a better tactician seeing as how she outsmarts people with far more experience and skill. She also holds the stamina advantage because Curly's profile doesn't say a thing about the amount of damage she can take while Nami can shrug off stab injuries and fight for extended periods of time.

Voting Nami.

So Nami scales to Sai Kick at 2.47 Megatons (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Stefano4444/Don_Sai_Kick_Recalc) while Curly is at 3.17 Megatons (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/Cave_Story:_Island_Levitatio), which is by the way not Small City level+.

Anyways, I also vote for Nami. Curly's flight won't matter because Nami has shown during Punk Hazard to be able to control her lightning to move wherever she want. [1]. Her Electricity won't matter as Calaca pointed in his reason. Curly's mean of harming Nami effectively is through her Machine Guns but Nami got versatillity on her side with Invisibility and illusions to briefly confuse Curly to launch her own attacks.

Now Curly could use her energy shield to block, but her page say that she "never does this afterword while fighting enemies. It is unknown how she used this ability". So that's also out. Curly is intelligent, so she could deduce Nami's strength and weaknesses but Nami has shown to be quite to tricky person to deal with, coming with all sort of possible tricks with her illusions and invisibility and weather magic to eventually best Curly and defeat her

I don't really know Curly that well, but from my research and the reasons provided by both Calaca and Plum, I cast my vote for Nami. I can't see Curly winning due to the reasons listed above. Even with the AP gap, it is not that big of a difference to affect both combatants tremendously, postively or negatively but Nami's skills, versatility and trickery are enough to put this match in her favour.

And that's a Grace period bois and gals

I mean, she still has the shield and would actually probably use it. Though she only used it to block Quote's Missles.

Anyway, sure.

It sounds more like a shield that can deflect projectiles and physical stuff which isn't what Nami uses.

Back