• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Revision Thread Part 3

Well, the series is filled to the brim with PISSo many problems could have been solved with Discord. Season 7 finale? Rarity losing her mane? The conflict in the movie? All those problems could have been solved with him. The fact that they never bothered having him fix Tempest's horn (Don't say he couldn't since he can clearly revive someone without even needing a piece of there body as seen with Sombra. If he can bring back a person from thin air, he should be able to bring back a broken horn). I understand when he was still a jerk, but after he started to get close to the Mane 6 in season 6? There's no reason to assume he wouldn't help out with that stuff. And since he can bring people back to life even if their bodies are completely destroyed, there shouldn't be anything to fear in regards to someone being killed unless he loses his power.

Anyway, does anyone mind if I give Twilight her final form key? I don't know if she should still have her fears of ladybugs and quisadeas. Given how much time has passed and how powerful she's become, she should have gotten over them.

I mean in most scenarios it's clear Discord has no intention of helping the group unless things require his assistance, as he stated in Season 9. He has his own twisted morality and ethics, and in his view letting them do everything on their own will make them grow stronger as people, and he shouldn't help.

I'll be on the lookout for a better looking picture for Twilight. I may also re-name her fully grown form. Final form feels weird.

And if no one has any objections. I'll give Starlight and pre-timeskip Twilight "at least 4-B" for their perfomances in the finale. No I'm not going to replace their current rating with an "at least", just add a new key for them. Twilight in particular has earned full scaling to Celestia already after her performance in the finale. There's no way she's still as weak as she was against Sombra after blowing out Tirek's tooth.

Is it possible to remove her friends from the picture? Would that take off the parts of her body they're covering too?

I didn't say the debate wasn't important in general, just that we've been sidetracked a lot by less important details.

Depends on the verse and the writers' interpretation.

It also took Twilight a while to teleport in the premier and Applebuck Season.

Sure.

How well you're able to pull materials and you durability can be very different. And it depends. Sometimes it's just a strong body.

It's hard to explain what I mean, but when you watch the scene who seems stronger by your gut feeling? And Discord didn't seem shocked, just remorseful. Whn he was first picked up, his teeth moved in surprise, but while Tirek was talking, Discord just had a frown on his face. He looked surprisingly calm actually. And other than the fact that Tirek couldn't absorb from her, what implies that she's stronger? She could just be comparable to him.

Lightbuster30 said:
I'll be on the lookout for a better looking picture for Twilight. I may also re-name her fully grown form. Final form feels weird.
And if no one has any objections. I'll give Starlight and pre-timeskip Twilight "at least 4-B" for their perfomances in the finale. No I'm not going to replace their current rating with an "at least", just add a new key for them. Twilight in particular has earned full scaling to Celestia already after her performance in the finale. There's no way she's still as weak as she was against Sombra after blowing out Tirek's tooth.
No objections. I personally feel it should be keys for all of season 9, but that's a small difference anyways.

And I said along the lines of "given the context of Discord". It's not like tanking is the only thing I've brought up.

She teleported and panted for a splt second before recovering instantly. Sweetie Bell was not only visibly exhausted but had a few seconds of her horn flaring up with magic at the tip. Applebuck season? Really? Not only does she teleport, but she does so 5 times in a row and isn't tired once. It only took a second each time anyways. Only slightly longer than the average teleport.

None of us are talking about lifting strength. We're talking striking strength.

Discord. I've always felt it was Tirek's betrayal that shocked him/caught him so off-guard that he didn't know how to react. Trying to play the "gut feeling" card doesn't amount to much when you and I have different gut feelings. Calm doesn't mean he's not shocked or unable to react and it certainly doesn't refute my point that Discord is consistently bad at reacting to his plans falling apart/getting blindsided. Please don't make me explain why Chrysalis is stronger for the whatever amount of times. We just went over this. It's annoying having to repeat myself.

Afaik there hasn't been any official word about that yet. At the very least we know it'll continue off from the main comic run and will be canon to the IDW series.

Where is it said they're canon to the main series? Is that from the numbering? Because they're only doing that to get 100 issues or something like that.

What are you replying to in the first paragraph?

There were parts that made Sweetie seem less and more impressive than Twilight.

I mean how good he is at pulling his legs from webbing.

...no. The visuals very much painted Tirek as looming over Discord. Most of your argument of her being stronger comes down to Chrysalis being able to resist Tirek's absorption, and your logic that Tirek has to be comparable comes from Discord being absorbed. But I think Discord is weaker, which you don't think because Chrysalis wasn't absorbed, and so on and so forth.

It's pretty obvious I'm responding to the "how much stronger tanking is" argument.

Afair there's literally one scene where she teleports and thats it.

I mean, it's called an outlier.

Doesn't change that he was too shocked/caught off-guard to fight back and that it's consistient with his character. Debunk this or I have no reason to assume this is why Discord got his magic stolen instead of being straight up overpowered. It's a very strong option to use. You mean aside from the fact that he explicitly had to get stronger to absorb a different type of magic by force? Aside from the fact that he could only drain a tiny sliver of Chrysalis's magic and backed down when told to stop instead of continuing? Aside from convincing her to give him her magic instead of holding her down and taking it by force? If you're trying to imply circular reasoning you're gonna need to try harder than that.

I mean that Sweetie teleported quicker, but the aftereffects wer more severe.

Ok. Let's say that you're right. Tirek could only absorb him so easily because he caught her off guard. What does that affect?

Actually, that's not the case. She ran towards the colt and teleported. She has plenty of time to charge up the spell as she's running. Oh, and having more severe aftereffects comparable to Twilight bumps her "grade" down.

It means Tirek is comparable to Discord. I'd argue he's closer in power to Discord than he was to Chrysalis though.

But her horn was glowing for shorter. Also, Twilight did have some afterffects in the first few episodes.

Meh. I don't entirely agree, but I don't entirely disagree, so whatever.

Her horn didn't glow once before she teleported. I watched the scene frame-by-frame and her horn didn't glow at all. All she did was run up to the colt, grab him, then teleport out of there. At no point did her horn glow with magic, unless you count her having to "put out" the afterglow afterwards.

...exactly. I'm saying that shows she didn't start preparing the spell until she got to the colt's side. And that portrays her as above Twilight.

No, it portrays the animation as being inconsistient since they decided not to animate her horn glowing at any point in time. Teleportation has always required a quick lightning of the horn beforehand. By this logic you may as well argue she's > current Twilight since she still needs to spark her horn in preparation for a teleport where Sweetie Belle does not.

Lightbuster30 said:
This, and stuff for the other Mane 6 should be added.

Firstly, yes you can. I just made sure to check each frame, and her horn has an aura on it as Cozy's beam is travelling towards them. Watched every teleport in thesecond link and there was an aura each time. Sweetie's horn did not glow pre-teleport. There's is not a single frame where her horn glowed before she grabbed the colt.

Not before she grabbed the colt, but when she grabbed the colt it did glow very briefly. And that amount of time was comparable to the amount of time it takes for current Twilight and Starlight to teleport. Of course there was an aura, I'm just saying it was just for an incredibly short amount of time. Definitely not more time than it took for Sweetie.

No. She. Didn't. There is no aura surrounding her horn at any point in the scene. I watched it in slow motion. I watched it frame by frame. There is no point where her horn glowed. I can only assume your talking about the flash of magic that happens during the teleport.

It's extremely brief, but right before they vanished, her horn had light around it. The glow came from the horn and expanded into the teleportation.

There is no glow around her horn. The only light coming from her horn is the flash that is expanding when someone teleports. There is no aura surrounding her horn at any given time. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't meticulously look over each individual frame in the scene over and over and over again. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no aura on her horn. Whatever glow you're seeing is the flash accompanying teleportation, because that's the only time her horn changes in that scene. The frames do not lie to me. There is no aura. End of story.

Sorry about the picture for final form Twilight. That was seriously the best I could find. I don't know how to do the black backgrounds thatare in most of the photos on this wiki. I at least managed to alter the size to be comparable to the other images.

Anyway, is there anything else we should do? Should we give the other pillars of Equestria profiles? Should we give Flurry Heart a key for her adult form seen in the Canterlot window in the last episode (while keeping her at unknown tier)?

Radical Resident Khan said:
How are MLP MFTL?
Some characters can dodge the magical beams, that can be FTL. But I'm not really sure about MFTL, because Storm King used MFTL telekinesis, not magic blasts

Back