• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Revision Thread Part 3

Some characters can dodge the magical beams, that can be FTL. But I'm not really sure about MFTL, because Storm King used MFTL telekinesis, not magic blasts

Any feats of those?

Laser blasts are consistiently portrayed as faster than telekinesis for lower tier characters. It should be no different for high tier characters. There's also the tiny fact people are missing where Twilight '''Dodges telekinetically thrown rocks from Celestia tier characters'''. Beams. Scale. End of story. This is accepted for a reason.

Lightbuster30 said:
There is no glow around her horn. The only light coming from her horn is the flash that is expanding when someone teleports. There is no aura surrounding her horn at any given time. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't meticulously look over each individual frame in the scene over and over and over again. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no aura on her horn. Whatever glow you're seeing is the flash accompanying teleportation, because that's the only time her horn changes in that scene. The frames do not lie to me. There is no aura. End of story.
That's what I'm talking about.

Then Sweetie Belle's horn not glowing doesn't mean she can insta teleport. It means; as I said the first time, that the animators simply decided to not animate her horn glowing with an aura which is simple animation inconsistency since there is always a glow of aura on the horn. Thus, it is not an indicator of her skill.

Just to be clear, dodging something only really correlates to your reaction/movement speed, not your travel speed, right? A lot of times, characters are listed with ratings based purely off of reacting to/dodging something. Many of the MLP FIM characters are listed only for their combat, attack, and reaction speeds, with no mention of travel speed. There are numerous different areas of speed; travel, reaction (which is really just how fast you can correlate messages to your brain, IE "seeing faster"), combat (how fast you can punch and kick), movement (how fast you can move individual parts of your body without needing to actually go anywhere, ex; drinking a beer so fast it cannot be seen like Boomstick), and attack (the speed at which energy/projectile attacks move)

In any case, on the subject of teleportation, while it is a little off topic, I find it interesting that Sweetie Belle was able to use teleportation when Trixie couldn't prior to training with Starlight, even if it did leave her dazed. It seems that parlor magic aside, Trixie was actually very unskilled and weak for a unicorn before she met Starlight.

Lightbuster30 said:
Then Sweetie Belle's horn not glowing doesn't mean she can insta teleport. It means; as I said the first time, that the animators simply decided to not animate her horn glowing with an aura which is simple animation inconsistency since there is always a glow of aura on the horn. Thus, it is not an indicator of her skill.
I could say Sweetie didn't close her eyes in concentration, but if I'm being honest, I think the animators just forgot that teleportation is suposed to be a super hard spell. So I guess you win. Do you remember the origin of this argument?

I've been curious about that for a while. I wonder if there are any solid travel feats in mlp.

Or she just has latent potential brought out by the plant but that's not acceptable because headcanon and stuff.

At this point we're bickering over whether or not Tirek actually absorbs the special properties of magic he absorbs. I say he does because it was stated in the show. You argue that he doesn't because we never see him actually use it, even though A: He is more than capable of conventional spellcasting and B: Has no use for using weather manipulation and flying and growing crops in his quest. When I responded he can perform spellcasting such as portals, you attempted to argue it wasn't all advanced and tried to make it seem like anyone could cast it provided they are strong enough likening it to being simple like teleportation. Even though nothing implies this. I responded by pointing out that teleportation wasn't that advanced of a spell using Sweetie Belle and Trixie as examples.

I already admitted that I can't prove my argument, so we don't have to keep arguing about the teleportationt thing. Anyways, since no one else seems to be working on it, should I make the changes that were agreed on when I have the time?

This brings me back to what I and GokuSparkle were arguing about: The possibility that Tirek absorbed some of the "special magic" the mane 6 have been soaking in, granting him limited control.

Tirek's snap can be just water manipulation (bubbles) and teleportation. it didn't look like chaos/reality manipulation

The way the bubbles just glitched into and out of existence like that? No teleportation has ever operated that way. Let alone the fact that Tirek can even use magic where Cozy couldn't do anything.

Cozy could use magic, she just couldn't control it (all she could do is create squeaky toys and living pineapples that attacked her instead of Chrysalis and Tirek).

BTW, Since there is no profile on here for the true Grogar, and he now links to Discord's profile, I created a profile for him on another versus wiki based on what we know about him (there are actually quite a few of these versus wikis out there, though ours is easily the most popular one and has the most pages). I estimated his true powers to be comparable to Sombra and third form Tirek at that form's peak. Just letting you all know in case any of you MLP fans here want to go over there and cross reference profiles from here for a versus match.

Anyway, should we give profiles for the other pillars of Equestria?

Lightbuster30 said:
I already edited Twilight and Starlight's pages a week ago. Was there another edit I forgot about?
Twilight doesn't have a key for the ending of the end, just as a huge adult. And why is Starlight At least 4-B from the premier onwards when Twilight isn't?

There are the Mane 6 in the finale I think, and a bunch of top tiers that scale above Discord, like the pony of shadows, eqg top tiers, and the elements of harmony.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
BTW, Since there is no profile on here for the true Grogar, and he now links to Discord's profile, I created a profile for him on another versus wiki based on what we know about him (there are actually quite a few of these versus wikis out there, though ours is easily the most popular one and has the most pages). I estimated his true powers to be comparable to Sombra and third form Tirek at that form's peak. Just letting you all know in case any of you MLP fans here want to go over there and cross reference profiles from here for a versus match.

Anyway, should we give profiles for the other pillars of Equestria?
As the father of monsters, and having enough power to increase 3 characters by about 1x alicorn power, he should be at least 3x alicorn level.

And yes.

Twilight does have a key.

Tier: At least 6-B | 4-B | At least 4-B | At least 4-B | At least 4-B | At least 4-B | At least 4-B | 10-B, likely 9-B

You'll notice she has 6 seperate 4-B ratings instead of 5 like before. One being her base alicorn state. The second 4-B is her season 9 finale alicorn form. As far as I can tell, Starlight's "at least" is only available to her when using her series finale time period. I'm not sure why you think it's from the preimer.

It just says final form, which implies how she was in the last problem. Season 9 finale onwards would be more clear. Also, the organization of the keys seems weird. Is it just me?

Key: From season 5 to 8 | Season 9 Premiere onward | Equestria Girls Human Self

Starlight's second (At least 4-B) key clearly states she's At least 4-B throughout all of Season 9.

Grogar's magic did not give all of the villains an alicorn level increase in power. It powered Cozy Glow into an alicorn (albeit, she was likely the weakest alicorn besides Flurry Heart, only hitting and harming Twilight because she was off guard), gave Chrysalis, who was normally weaker than alicorn Twilight and Starlight Glimmer by an unknown amount, enough power to defeat Starlight, and powered a version of 2nd form Tirek that was only one Earth pony away from his third form to a level of his third form that was able to curbstomp Starswirl and the other pillars. Cozy's increase is the most impressive. Tirek's was not as big but still quite high given that he went from being weak enough that Chrysalis could block his magic draining to being far stronger than Starswirl (2nd form tirek is weaker than Chrysalis who is weaker than Twilight and Starlight who are weaker than Starswirl). Chrysalis's increase is the hardest to gauge, but she was previously inferior to Twilight and became strong enough to very easily break her shield. Chrysalis seems to have gotten the smallest power increase, though that's nt saying much. None of the three villains got to fight the sisters with their magic, Cozy in particular seemed to know she couldn't defeat them head on given she used the bell. We don't know how Chrysalis or Tirek would have faired. All we can really say for certain about Grogar's power is that he was way stronger than Starswirl or a base level alicorn, which is a very vague statement. I estimate that he should at least be stronger than any single alicorn, so I'd put him above most characters on the show, but still below Discord and final form Tirek.

As is the notion that it did. We don't know. What we do know is that together, the three villains had all their own magic in addition to all of his, and their combined power was still not enough to break through that large forcefield that was raised to protect Spike and the Mane 6. I doubt that post Discord Tirek or all alicorn Twilight would have been stopped by that forcefield. As such, I notion that Grogar is really powerful, but not as strong as some other characters or magical forces at their peaks. High MLP tier, but not top MLP tier.

The notion that it didn't is even moreso. Nothing implies any single member of the trio was overwhelmingly stronger than the other members. If anything, the very opposite is implied.

The second half of your argument is based entirely on incredulity. Saying "I doubt All Alicorn Twilight would be stopped" is pure headcanon and doesn't prove anything. You don't know if she would've. Nevermind the fact that it could've been plot induced stupidity or an outlier for the shield given how the strongest one powering it was Tempest Shadow and she only scales to someone slightly weaker than Starswirl. I mean sure, it had a large number of unicorns, but it's not like they're each tier 4 or anything. The huge majority of them were fodder. And it definitely wasn't Equestria's entire unicorn population,

Do I have to point out to everyone that the three villains combining their power failed to bust a piece of rubble long after Twilight stopped empowering it with her magic? Sub-wall level Grogar now?

Look, the villain trio when enhanced by the Bell are littered with plot induced stupidity and outliers. Both in terms of low ends and high ends. Getting stopped by a tiny group of unicorns, non-magic empowered rubble, or a seamstress + baby dragon are perfect examples of this. Please people, can we actually be bothered to find a real anti-feat and not something that isn't blatant outlier or plot induced idiocy?

But she never really showed an upper limit to her power, besides maybe not being confident in taking on three alicorns without the bell. And Chrysalis is above alicorn level because she is superior to Twilight who's Celestia level in the finale.

Lightbuster30 said:
The second half of your argument is based entirely on incredulity. Saying "I doubt All Alicorn Twilight would be stopped" is pure headcanon and doesn't prove anything. You don't know if she would've. Nevermind the fact that it could've been plot induced stupidity or an outlier for the shield given how the strongest one powering it was Tempest Shadow and she only scales to someone slightly weaker than Starswirl. I mean sure, it had a large number of unicorns, but it's not like they're each tier 4 or anything. The huge majority of them were fodder. And it definitely wasn't Equestria's entire unicorn population,
Freeza force soldier 100 is talking about the blast that hit the rubble at the end of part 1 I believe.

I was actually talking about the forcefield in part 2, but the rubble is also a good example, though that could easily be dismissed as an outlier since the combined blast just destroyed most of the throne room, so it would make no sense for that boulder to hold up to it.

Anyway, with all these outliers and the uncertainty of how the power was divided amongst the three, it's difficult to conclude Grogar's exact power level. It is at least clear that he is way beyond Starswirl or a base level alicorn due to the fact that his magic had enough juice to turn a common Pegasus filly into an alicorn and move Tirek considerably up the pecking order while also making Chrysalis stronger than Twilight or Starlight (though exactly how much weaker she was than those two at her base is unknown). However, he should clearly be weaker than post Discord Tirek or all alicorn Twilight since even if you were to assume the bell divided the magic evenly, that would only equal up to three alicorns, while all alicorn Twilight and post Discord Tirek had the power equivalent to four.

The pecking order is 2nd form Tirek, Chrysalis, Twilight and Starlight, Starswirl, Cadence, Luna, Celestia, Sombra, Discord, base 4th form Tirek, post Discord 4th form Tirek and all alicorn Twilight, full power Tirek, and than the power of the rainbow magic/power of friendship.

Back