• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Revision Thread Part 3

@Pikachu Continuing from the previous thread: You've missed out on quite a bit. Since you asked though: The speed and ap revisions went down in these threads. They closed weeks ago.

@GokuSparkle

Don't you think shields are comparable to the casters though? Since Chrysalis stronger than Twilight, it would make sense. Also, Cozy is significantly weaker than Chrysalis, and Twilight used an object to block all the villains.
Of course I do. But Chrysalis literally broke the shield by pressing her magically charged hoofs on it. Like the Starlight example, that expresses a ludicrously huge strength gap because of how effortless it was. Yet takes significant effort to break through Twilight's rock shield and Rarities shield. I reiterate: Chrysalis is not portrayed as an unbeatable wall who can roll over even the strongest of the princesses. Is she portrayed as stronger by an unknown degree? Yeah, sure, and that's all she gets. Maybe if Twilight didn't get multiple feats that suggest she's fairly close to them in power? But, ya know, she did?

I really dislike the way you keep using "significantly". First off, it's not even quantifiable. It doesn't tell me anything, too vague. Secondly, based on what? Breaking her shield? I've already expressed issues with that both in that it was way too casual for her, and there are other possible reasons for breaking. Based on struggling with the Mane 6 (Twilight excluded)? Chrysalis struggled with Spike and Rarity. Cozy's not the only one. Yeah you could say she's stronger because she started out stronger, but that at best makes her a percentage stronger in the long run; assuming equal distribution of magic from the Bell.

Well...he did damage a Roc when Twilight couldn't, so...
So Spike frying the Roc while Twilight couldn't displace a single feather is the outlier to end all outliers (As far as My Little Pony is concerned)? That's one of the worst examples you could have used. That example relies on Spike; lemme repeat that: Spike, being stupidly stronger than Twilight since he caused way more damage to the Roc.

Also, two words: kids show. The same logic can't apply exactly. It can definitely be said that it makes her significantly stronger than Starlight, but not orders of magnitude like physics imply.
If you're going to say shockwaves don't make her orders of magnitude stronger than Starlight because physics weren't considered, then don't use them to call her "significantly stronger" to begin with.

I mean, you just told me that it's a cartoon and thus the shockwaves aren't orders of magnitude weaker because of it. Then you go and tell me that Chrysalis is signifigantly stronger than Starlight for knocking her out with an indirect shockwave from her explosion. I repeat myself: You just told me not to assume shockwaves are orders of magnitude weaker because it's a cartoon and them being weaker isn't considered, and then promptly used my exact same logic: Shockwaves are weaker. The only difference is the scale.

It's likely the writers didn't even consider Chrysalis knocking out Starlight with her shockwaves in the first place, as I pointed out earlier in the thread.

There's no way Season 4 Mane 5 are stronger than the Pillars. Or are even at their level, considering Starswirl. Maybe Pinkie is via breaks, but not in raw power. And that's what Tirek absorbs, given his statement about no one being able to control chaos magic.
I never said they were stronger. I said maybe Tirek absorbed some of that "special magic" and that's what allowed him to steal Discord's magic. Your second point is also wrong. Tirek doesn't absorb raw power alone, he absorbs their abilities too. Celestia specifically notes he'll be able to steal flight from pegasi, and explicitly states the powers of unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies (the former two having abilities like land connection, flight, and weather control) use to control the world will belong to Tirek. He absolutely absorbs the unique abilities that come with the magic he absorbs. It was an entire plot point in his debut, even if minor compared to everything else.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Little thing, but shouldn't Tirek have Earth Manipulation? During both of his fights with Twilight he raised pillars of Earth to attack her.
A limited form I guess. He's more stomping hard enough to raise it, but he's still using it as an attack. He did it to Rockhoof too.

You can't say whether or not it was a casual attack. And yes, because of the shield feat. That, and the fact that Chrysalis started out much stronger. I actually think Cozy got more magic than the other two, but either way, the fact that Chrysalis was already tier 4 really does suggest that she should end up stronger than Cozy. And I'm saying significantly because it's unquantifiable, yet pretty clear.

Ok. That was mostly just a joke anyways.

I'm saying that it was trying to be shown that Chrysalis was much stronger than Starlight, but the intent wasn't for her to be hundreds of times stronger. Maybe 2 or 3x.

What in that episode suggests anything of the sort? Also, when she said "steal flight," I think she meant the magic required to use flight, not the actual ability itself, because I don't remember him ever hovering in the air.

"@GokuSparkle wow there. Not to sound blunt, but could you please not spam. Octuple posting and using long quotes are both really bad."

Sorry. I just like addressing everything that catches my eye and I only occasionally check the site.

"Gotta agree with Medeus. Not to mention all those quotes makes it harder to tell which is directed at me or someone else and I'm not in the mood to work it out into a collective response at midnight. Probably won't form a response until tomorrow."

It does say who said what.

"Oh wow where did that upgrade happen? Lol I am soooo behind.

Otherwise, there's stuffl ike Alicorn Cozy Glow, the new Chrysalis form, Future Twilight, Chaos Pinkie and Cozy Glow, etc.

When and why exactly did they get upgraded back to 4-B? That's what I've always wanted for like five years but just wondering why."

The speed upgrade is from the storm king moving around the sun thousands of times faster than light, and 4-B came back because of this thread. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3549473

And the new Chrysalis form was put on her profile.

Btw, I get that it's difficult to respond to 8 different things, but can people give their thoughts on the important things I said in the last thread? Cause they are kind of, well, important.

One more thing. Can someone please make a season 9 key for Twilight already? It doesn't really matter how powerful she was at what point. Because from the beginning of Season 9 to the end, she has scaling to the royal sisters. So she should be At least 4-B. I don't think she really needs another seperate key for her adult form, given that's also At least 4-B and in season 9, but I'm fine with it either way.

I reiterate: all she did was charge her hooves and placed them on her shield. She didn't even slam them down very hard or show any signs of effort. She didn't even charge very long. It's pretty casual. No, she;s unquantifiably stronger than Twilight which I don't even agree with all the way.

You had to have known how I'd respond to that joke. I cannot stand when characters have to be nerfed only for a blatantly weaker character to massively outshine them. Why do you think I keep complaining about Starswirl getting shafted?

No, that's not how it works. You can't apply things halfway like that. Yeah, and I'm telling you there was no intent for the shockwaves to imply anything in the first place. The only thing implying Chrysalis is stronger is doing it in one hit, which can happen at any strength gap in fiction due to how inconsistient it is. Then of course, you still have the "can't take the pain" argument from weeks ago.

Dude. I literally spelled it out for you. The power that ponies use to control the world will belong to Tirek. Alone.

Princess Luna: Ponies will no longer be in control of their world. That power will belong solely to Tirek.

She's literally saying Tirek will be the only one able to control the pony world. Now how do ponies do that? What special race specific magic do they each have? Oh. Right. Please do not try to nitpick this to mean something else. Seriously, all implications point to him being able to control the world the way ponies can, using their magic. There's no argument you can make that I can't call out on as pedantry or technicality.

You don't have to use that much effort to use the amount of magic that your AP is. And yes, I did say that.

Uh...no. I didn't know how you'd respond to that. Also, I really don't get all the complaints about Starswirl being shafted. Sure, he could've done a little better, but a character that isn't even as strong as Celestia isn't doing much to a character about twice as strong as her.

The animation implies this. And isn't that how it was for the sun moving calc? You took some of the feats and didn't think about how the others counted. Of course, it doesn't work in the exact same way here, but it's the same thing in that you can't take absolutely everything at face value, especially not in a kids cartoon. Sometimes you have to think about it with basic, simple logic. Even if the low stamina thing you brought up was true, that doesn't take away from the fact that there's more stuff implying a pretty large difference.

I'm a little unsure about what to think regarding that. Obviously that statement suggests very strongly that what you're saying is true, but we've never seen him use ponies' abilities, even when they'd be very helpful. Though perhaps Luna's statement means the general power to control the land and society? I know that's a stretch. But the former being true just doesn't make sense.

Um, yes you do? No, you said she was significantly stronger. That's not unquantifiable by any stretch of the word. In fact, that tells me a great deal about how strong Chrysalis; in your eyes, is.

Hell to the no on Tirek being 2x stronger than Celestia. None of these three are. He's not even getting a 1.5x stronger. Not after he got sat on his ass by Twilight. What he gets is "stronger by an unknown degree" like everyone else. He has absolutely nothing suggesting a gap that big, and plenty suggesting he's not. The closest you've got is stomping someone 1/6th of her power or greater. And if you want to try pulling off some "magic energy absorption scaling" to say he's that much stronger (because I think I'm starting to see where you're getting this from) then oh boy, I have plenty to say on that.

The animation implies absolutely nothing. That's a false equivalency. The majority of fiction consistently doesn't treat shockwaves as orders of magnitude weaker than the source or even weaker than the source in general. Oh what implications? You mean like getting momentarily knocked out after she had her back turned, guard lowered, clearly thinking she had won, and even when realizing something was going on, couldn't possibly predict it would be a max power explosion until it was too late? Or getting injured with her back turned and exhausted from pulling off a huge magic burst? Or how "she wasn't confident in defeating her directly" which is almost completely useless in determining a viable gap between them? Absolutely not anything good enough to call her "significantly stronger" as you so believe.

Tirek would find flying useful when he can launch himself hard enough to bulldoze a mountain from far away, and keep flying completely unimpeded why? And I'm certain the power of growing edible plants would also be very useful against Twilight or taking magic for himself. You know what I hate about this argument? It relies on the logic of not using it = not being able to use it, while ignoring all context and reasons they would have for not using it. Absolutely stupid. There is nothing he could have used it for in his quest and if there was, it would've been of minimal use. Besides, he clearly prefers blasting the countryside in his spare time as opposed to actually controlling the world.

Bowser-us said:
did she demonstrate any new abilities in season 9?
She's stronger, and was implied to be able to wrap magic around creatures to teleport them. And she shot a rainbow beam in 26, though I'm not sure whether or not that was just symbolic. I don't recall her doing anything else, but I might be wrong.

No. Like, would you say a magic beam charged up in a second isn't someone's AP? Cause I'm pretty sure it is. Significant isn't a very specific amount.

Well, he is almost at the level he was when he was able to absorb Discord, who I still think is just 2x alicorn level or so. And the specifics aren't important. Just above Celestia level should still be enough to stomp 6x less than that or whatever he is, depending on what you think of him doing better against the vines than Twilight was, when she later fought Sombra with difficulty.

I mean the animation showed that she was lifted off her feet well before it touched her. You know, I don't get that. Why would just shooting a singular beam of magic tire her out so much it drains her durability? And she had a good enough look behind her to tense herself at the very least. And again, it was still just a shock wave. By the way, if you mean the scene where she freed evertyone by yur second statement, I still have to ask, what in the series makes you think that using a strong attack lowers your durability? The caught off guard aspect is reasonable, but I don't really get that part.

I can't think of it off the top of my head, but using your abilities is just something that characters in mlp do (don't point out specific examples where they do, I mean in general), regardless of whether they need to or not. There were many unicorn spells that could've been useful to him, but he never used those either.

Charged in a second implies easy. It's not something that takes long or requires effort. Putting notable strain such as through sweating, vocalization, or facial expression are signs that tell me if an action is difficult and Chrysalis displayed none of these. Yes it does, when you tell me "significantly stronger" I don't think a tiny bit stronger, I think a lot stronger. Seriously, the text book definition of significant is something of great notability or importance. That doesn't tell me anything small.

So my assumption was right, you do get it from that. Tirek is in no way close to his fourth form. I don't know where the hell people came to that conclusion, but it's wrong. The mere fact that he struggled as much as he did against Alicorn tier opponents is more than enough to debunk this. Oh, I get it now. You think because he got to his fourth form from the Mane 5 + Spike, he should've been pushed into that form from Starswirl and the Pillars. What a load of crock. By the time he stole magic from Discord and the Mane 5, he had the magic of nearly every single Equestrian in him. I've told you I don't know how many times by this point that Tirek does not remain at the same level of strength throughout one of his forms. By the time he stole from the Mane 5 he had accumulated enough magic that he needed one final push to edge him into his fourth form. The Mane 5 gave him that final push. That he didn't become his fourth form from the Pillars simply means he didn't have enough magic at the moment to reach it. And the fact that he struggled as much as he did simply proves it. Even struggling with him wouldn't be possible if he were that strong. Twilight struggling with Sombra is irrelevant considering Starswirl was her superior at the start of S9.

Yes, and that proves the shockwave hit her first. We've already established that. In no way does that debunk my point: Shockwaves are very often not treated as inferior to the thing causing them in fiction. It's not a beam. It's a huge wave of magic energy it took her to charge and destroy the.....webbing? Chrysalis had everyone trapped behind. It's one charged blast that evidently drained her "significantly" of her magic (Remember those signs I talked about in my first point?). What do you mean? You do realize their stats come from their magic right? If their magic is drained, they lose stats. Not to mention visible signs of being tired already imply she won't take a hit very well.

No there wasn't? All he cares about is stealing magic and blasting the countryside. That doesn't require a lot of special Unicorn spells and he especially doesn't need them when he's got a reality warper for a bodyguard. I'm sorry, but I'm really getting tired of unsupported speculation being argued as evidence. We're told Tirek absorbs the special properties of magic he absorbs. We're told he'll be the only person able to control the world in the way ponies do if he suceeds. You either bring up hard and SOLID evidence that debunks what we're told or stop bringing it up. You'll get nowhere with me being pedantic and arguing about the "what ifs" or "why didn'ts" or "vague alternate interpretations".

Remind me again why you're arguing for Tirek being comparable to Discord as an argument? Last I checked Tirek stealing from Discord is "plot induced stupidity" because of Discord's statements in the finale even though it being plot induced stupidity is total bullshit regardless of Discord's power, but hey, wtf do I know? So you shouldn't even bring it up.

Bowser-us said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Anyone who's stronger than Discord should get it I guess.
So these characters mean?
Tirek 4-6 form, EoH, rainbow power, All Alicorn Magic Twilight, Bewitching Bell, Staff of Sacanas (???), Stygian
Full Power Dazzlings, anyone in EqG who's used the MoF, the Storm King, the Mane 6 when using EoH or RP, and maybe some others I'm missing, but that should be everybody.

I'm saying Chrysalis is already stronger than Twilight with a relatively casual attack. Yeah, I do think she's a pretty great deal stronger. Like 1.5x or 2x.

Let's think about this. Pretty much as soon as he entered his third form (we literally saw him reach this form on screen when Discord sensed Twilight getting all the magic), Tirek stormed up to the throne room and was ready to take on 3 alicorns. And it was never implied that Tirek absorbed anyone else before coming directly to Ponyville. I honestly don't think the range of third form is big at all. He already was at least a little above alicorn level as soon as he entered third form, and he was at best a little more than 2x alicorn level when he entered fourth form.

So you think she would have been damaged the same amount if she was at the center of the explosion? Also, I was referring to the time at the mountains when Starlight fought Chrysalis one on one. But in that case, I guess I can see where you're coming from.

I'm saying it could've made his time easier if he just used spells to defeat tough opponents more easily. And fine. I don't have solid evidence. Anyways, the whole reason this is an argument is because I said Tirek only absorbs raw power. Whether or not that's true, what "special abilities" do the Mane 6 have that would boost Tirek up to fourth form and let him absorb Discord's magic?

Lightbuster30 said:
Remind me again why you're arguing for Tirek being comparable to Discord as an argument? Last I checked Tirek stealing from Discord is "plot induced stupidity" because of Discord's statements in the finale even though it being plot induced stupidity is total bullshit regardless of Discord's power, but hey, wtf do I know? So you shouldn't even bring it up.
Um...because Discord isn't stronger than Tirek and every 4-B should get possibly far higher, but people say no to that for some reason?

Midnight Sparkle and Gloriosa should also probably get possibly be far higher.

By the way, do we need to wait for someone else to confirm before implementing the changes or can they be done straight away? Also Cozy Glow's two alicorn pictures are kind of low res.

Yup, and it's precisely because of the fact that she was casual that it's an outlier. Not only was it casual, but it was done to a shield of all things, which we both agree are at the very least 1.5x stronger than AP. I'm sorry, but allowing any of the villains to get 1.5x or above is unacceptable. For every feat they have suggesting an immense power difference (Many of them would be outliers), they get an anti-feat suggesting they aren't much stronger. If it were casual then those combined facts would mean nobody would be able to even fight them and yet people ca.

Um, no, that's not true. You and I both agreed that by the time he hit his third form he was in a random town, not Canterlot. I remember the last time we talked about this, and it was you specifically who told me it wasn't Canterlot. Even then it doesn't change that Tirek had almost all the magic of Equestria in his body save for Discord's, the mane 5's, and all the magic Twilight had. Tirek being > Celestia as soon as he enters his third form is a baseless lie. Like, literally, "The Summer Sun Setback" debunks this. When his second form was so powerful it literally needed one fodder to enter his third form. He may have entered his third form in that episode, but considering he had so much magic that a common fodder tipped him into it means he barely increased in strength if at all. No, I don't give a shit if he entered his third form and got bigger. He still has the same amount of magic from Discord and that one fodder and magic is what increases their strength, not muscles.

With that in mind it means that Tirek is still < Chrysalis who is << Twilight who is < Starswirl who is <<<<< Celestia. So yeah, Tirek still has a lot of ground to cover upon first entering his third form. Ok, who the **** else is he gonna absorb? No really? Tirek outright says he absorbed all magic in Equestria. So where the hell is he gonna get more? This was becoming a nationwide crisis, enough that word was spreading across Equestria and to Celestia. Why would he go after other cities when he's looking for Twilight and how would he be able to grow much stronger in such a short amount of time? All context considered: It isn't an illogical assumption to assume he had all of Equestria's magic sans the Mane 5, the Princesses, and Discord by the time he betrayed Discord. If anything, your assumption of "he didn't have all of Equestria's magic" is the illogical one, not mine.

Ok, first off: We aren't talking about the inverse square law, we're talking about shockwaves not being treated as weaker. Secondly, if you wanna bring up inverse square law, then Chrysalis ko-ing Starlight with an explosion becomes an even bigger outlier than it already is. I was referring to every instance suggesting Chrysalis was stronger.

I can make that same argument for literally any character in MLP who doesn't instantly try their haxier spells. This ain't exactly something unique to Tirek. Not boost him, push him over the edge. Considering the only "special" magic they use is the MoF, he was probably talking about that. Not the full thing of course, but they apparently have some small "ambient traces" in their bodies (seeing as the Magic exists to affect them in the first place).

1.5x really isn't that big of a difference.

Hm. I guess I always thought the implication was that he was already in Canterlot at that time, but nothing in that scene really looks like Canterlot. Anyways, he should've had most ponies' magic by that point, considering the fact that he was a nation wide threat at this point, and no large timeframe was suggested to exist between Tirek reaching his third form and confronting Shining.

Btw what makes you think Chrysalis is stronger than second form Tirek? I think second form Tirek is about alicorn level. Also, I'm saying he pretty much had all of Equestria's magic by the time he reached his third form.

Sure.

Yeah, but characters use at least some special abilities sometimes. Tirek has had 6 (technically 10) episodes with screentime, and unless you count bubbles, he's never used any unique abilities. And that could very well just be an inherent ability.

Why do you take that statement as fact anyways? Jim Miller isn't a writer.

When it's casual it is.

The fact that Tirek literally just attained his third form after draining one random town suggests he still had quite a few more towns to go. He has more than a 6 times gap to cover before reaching Celestia level.

The fact that he couldn't steal her magic? The only time he tried doing it by force he got caught and instantly gave up instead of continuing,. Since this is Tirek we're talking about, it wouldn't be ooc for him to try keep going against her will and yet he gives up. And in the end he only succeeded in stealing a minuscule amount of her magic, to the point where she was completely unaffected by the amount she lost. It wasn't until she gave him permission that he was able to take it. Again, the power gap between Tirek and Celestia suggests he didn't have all of Equestria. No small amount I'll admit, but not all of it.

He's perfectly capable of using exotic abilities such as portals. Him not using any unique abilities is a fault of the show, not him.

Jim Miller is better than that, he's a one of the directors and former storyboard artist. As long as his word isn't contradicted by the show, then I'll take it at face value. Something we need to start doing with the comics like Hasbro; ala the company directly in charge of all official My Little Pony content, says we should. Tirek not using the abilities the show says he has because he has no use for them isn't contradictory for me.

I don't know how much this helps, but here's my input: After they used the Bewitching Bell, the pecking order in my opinion would be Cozy, Starlight and Twilight, Starswirl, Chrysalis, Tirek, Luna, and Celestia. Even if she got more power from the bell than her allies, Cozy was so much weaker than them initially that she should still be the weakest. She only hit Twilight once while she was off guard. Twilight and Starlight are roughly similar, with Twilight being the weakest adult alicorn and Starlight the third most powerful unicorn in Equestria (after Starswirl and Sombra). Twilight has been noted to be slightly weaker than Starswirl (assuming that hasn't changed since the season 7 finale). Chrysalis was able to take out Starlight with some difficulty, while Tirek stomped Starswirl and the other pillars. Cozy never bothered fighting the sisters, instead using the bell to drain them of magic. Given her performance against Starlight, Chrysalis should be inferior to the sisters. How third form Tirek compares to the sisters is not actually shown, but he never actually does fight with them while they have their magic.

Now, while Tirek did not get to his final form (with the mop of hair on his head and the broken wrist bracelets) after draining Starswirl and the other pillars, this could be considered an outlier, as we saw him get from his third form (the one with the curved horns, deeper voice, and deeper shade of red than his 2nd form) to his final form in season 4 from just absorbing the magic of Shining Armor, two guards, and the Mane 5 & Spike. Starswirl and the pillars should clearly have more magic than Shining, two guards, Rarity, Spike, AJ, RD, Flutters, and Pinkie, so unless he absorbed a lot (and I mean a REAL LOT) more ponies off screen during his attack on Canterlot during season 4, that makes no sense.

As for final form Tirek's AP, he might not be stronger than Discord after absorbing the Mane 5 and Spike, but he's at least strong enough to drain his magic. The ease he did it with suggests that the gap between base stat fourth form Tirek and Discord isn't as big as the gap between 2nd form Tirek and Chrysalis (though while inferior, 2nd form Tirek should still be somewhat comparable to Chrysalis). However, even after absorbing Discord's magic, it appears that while Tirek did gain levels of might and raw destructive power far above even Discord's, he was only able to channel Discord's magic into raw power rather than gaining Discor's actual abilities. The only time Tirek demonstrated the ability to use any of Discord's chaos magic after draining him was when he made Twilight's friends appear in bubbles. Apart from that and flight, Tirek displayed no new abilities. This and the fact that he was not comfortable taking Discord's magic from the bell suggests that Tirek cannot really control Discord's power so much as channel it into raw might. This means that despite gaining far more raw might and destructive power than him, even full power Tirek likely still lacked most of Discord's hax. This means that while full power Tirek had far more physical strength and his blasts of magical energy could hit far harder than Discord, Discord with his power unabsorbed by himself had far more abilities than even full power Tirek. I'm unsure if Tirek deserves the much higher that Discord himself and Cozy Glow with chaos magic do.

Gonna repeat myself here: The fact that Tirek literally just attained his third form after draining that last random town before heading for Canterlot suggests he still had quite a few more towns to go. He has more than a 6 times gap to cover before reaching Celestia level. So yes, the idea of him absorbing a lot more ponies off screen is very likely. We don't even know how much of Equestria he's absorbed by this point. Only a fair amount to be certain.

Also thats wrong. Only Starswirl has more magic than Shining. Nothing suggests the other Pillar's were his equals or peers in terms of power, just as nothing suggests Applejack and Rainbow Dash are Twilight's equals peers in terms of power. Tirek with Grogar's magic being near his fourth form is the outlier, not him failing to reach it.

1: I was talking about all of their combined power. The pillars put together should have more power than Shining, two guards, and Twilight's friends put together. 2: Absorbing all the power from the pillars should have transformed Tirek in some way.

I don't know why I have to keep repeating this: His forms do not retain the same level of power. Everyone keeps chatting as if Shining Armor + 2 guards is all he got after that random town when thats blatantly wrong as hell. The Tirek who drained a random town and attained his third form as Twilight was getting the princesses magic is not the same Tirek who's been absorbing who knows how many ponies off-screen before he stole magic from Shining Armor. This logic can only work if Canterlot is the only town he stole from after he got his third form when powerwise, that would be impossible.

Triple post: But using Starlight to claim Chrysalis is weaker is also stupid and requires the assumption that Starlight didn't get stronger as Twilight did. The only one who didn't get stronger is blatantly Starswirl. But hey, I guess Chrysalis is still 1/6th as strong as Celestia then.

I agree that him absorbing more magic in between Appleoosa and his attack on the castle is highly possible, but assuming Starswirl to be one sixth as powerful as Celestia is incorrect. You are implying that you believe Starswirl was exactly equal to the other 5 unicorns who moved the sun, when he is outright stated to have been the most powerful unicorn in history (though this likely does not include Sombra due to so few beings knowing of him). He should have been the most powerful of the 6 unicorns, a fact supported by him being the only one to not lose their power eternally afterward. For all we know, he alone lifted exactly half while the other 5 lifted the other half.

He's literally never stated to be the strongest unicorn in history. The closest you get is a statement about him being "The most important conjurer of the pre-classical era" nothing in there about power. I recall nothing about being the strongest. The only thing he has going for him being above 1/6th is the fact that he retained his power, and even then the process was still difficult for him, so it's not like it's casual. Maybe mid-diff for him.

Huh. You must be a stickler for details and have a lot of time on your hands if you can catch so many details from different episodes. Impressive. Anyway, now that Cozy has a profile, shall Tirek have the "possibly far higher" note that she post chaos absorption has?

Back