• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers) [Part 2]

Yes. It is similar up to Rainbow Rocks, then they'd scale to Midnight Sparkle's feat alone [since both Sunset and Twilight kept their powers in Friendship Games, Geodes have an unquantifiably increase and they all minimally should scale as they are 1/6th of Midnight's power which even when casual can perform the feat in question] since as of that point and beyond there isn't any scalable point to cross scale between the two realitiesand since the Elements exponentially increase over time we have no way of telling if we can compare them to the original besides "lol they are the Elements" which is false equivalency as if you think about it..

Oh fluff you asked for the scaling chain ? Well: Up to Rainbow Rocks: Friendship Power [Second Movie] > Dazzlings (amped by Friendship Magic)> First Movie Human Elements = S3 Elements >> Discord

Post-Rainbow Rocks: Midnight Sparkle / Post-riendship Games Sci-Twi (Significantly superior to Gloriossa. Overpowered her brambles just by releasing her magic and overpowered her so much she destroyed her connection to the Geodes)>>Gloriossa (Stated that Post-Friendship Games and the other Elements if they merged their powers {Essentially if Post-Friendship Games Sunset became Daydream Shimmer again with stronger Elements} wouldn't be anywhere near enough to beat her and was explicitly stated they needed Sci-Twi's magic to beat her period, meaning anything else wouldn't have worked at all) >>> Daydream Shimmer (Casually stopped almost destruction of both realities with a handwave)= Post-Friendship Games Sunset Shimmer (Alongside Twilight kept her original power as Daydream Shimmer in her Pony-Up State) >>> At least 1/2 , likely far greater portion of 2-C [At least Low 2-C] Feat [Almost destroyed 2 realities just by casually releasing magic]

I believe the accepted changes were made? If so, we should close this thread.

You should make another thread for that. It is too cluttered with the previous stuff.

AKM sama said:
I believe the accepted changes were made? If so, we should close this thread.
This thread is for discussing any revisions that may be brought up such as scaling or applying calculations to the profiles ot discussing continuity

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Is there anyone willing to look at the EQG stuff I mentioned prior ? Someone said it was Tier 2 before but I would prefer someone else look at it too.
It's vague but I think I a possibly could work

We still need a profile for Cozy Glow. We also need a key for post Bewitching Bell Chrysalis. We also need to figure out if the absorption of all the power from the pillars failing to power Tirek from his 3rd form to his 4th and final (height increase aside he did not change after absorbing all Alicorn Twilight's magic whereas his other forms had him gain brighter colors, had his horns change their angles, and gave him a mowhawk) form is an outlier.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
We still need a profile for Cozy Glow. We also need a key for post Bewitching Bell Chrysalis. We also need to figure out if the absorption of all the power from the pillars failing to power Tirek from his 3rd form to his 4th and final form is an outlier.
Technically his 6th form is is final form. His 4th form is where he grows from his 3rd to 4th form after stealing magic from the Mane 6, his 5th form then comes after stealing Discord's magic, and his true final form (his 6th) comes after Twilight gives him her magic.

But yeah, it's an outlier.

I stated that technically he only has 4 forms. In his first form, he's a scrawny guy with drab colors. In his second form, he gains brighter colors and his horns become longer. In his third form, his horns curve upwards, his colors get even brighter, and his voice deepens. In his fourth form, he gets a mowhawk and his sleeves rip from his muscles. He gets larger and stronger after absorbing magic from Discord and Twilight, but doesn't go through changes like he did before. His colors don't get any brighter, his horns don't change, and his voice doesn't get any deeper, nor does he gain anything new like the mowhawk. He has 6 keys, but only 4 forms. What's weird here is that he didn't grow the mowhawk or have his sleeves rip after the big absorption. He didn't even seem to grow

So, is Rarity gonna get more than "average pony" for her speed? I feel like that's a bit disingenuous given the other's profiles.

Lightbuster30 said:
Idk, I mean, base Chrysalis gets her scaling from being on par with a Twilight clone, so if we give Twilight full scaling, we'd technically be giving be giving base Chrysalis scaling to her bell enhanced form despite not actually having it any other time.
Firstly, no, she was clearly losing, and secondly, that's why I suggested a season 9 form. She's shown almost all of her greatest feats in season 9, which makes sense.

I don't know if this is an outlier or if it effects scaling, but oddly, absorbing all of the magic from the Pillars of Equestria including Starswirl did not power Tirek from his third form to his fourth. This makes no sense given Starswirl is supposed to be more powerful than Twilight. Also, are we gonna wait until the episodes air in America before we create a key for Chrysalis in her post Bewitching Bell state?
Because, as I've been saying for quite a while now (though most people seemt o be ignoring me) that Twilight is now stronger in season 9.

Lightbuster30 said:
It's even odder that he did absolutely nothing to Tirek while Rarity if all ponies does better against him. She helps Spike push back Chrysalis with her own beam, she shields him just before, and throws a rock hard enough to stagger all three villains. I personally feel the absolute stomp he got was purely to make the Mane 6 look good later on. They didn't have to make him completely helpless.
Rarity never fought Tirek head on. And I think the rock just hurt them because the show staff doesn't know that these characters are more than wall level.

GokuSparkle said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Idk, I mean, base Chrysalis gets her scaling from being on par with a Twilight clone, so if we give Twilight full scaling, we'd technically be giving be giving base Chrysalis scaling to her bell enhanced form despite not actually having it any other time.
Firstly, no, she was clearly losing, and secondly, that's why I suggested a season 9 form. She's shown almost all of her greatest feats in season 9, which makes sense.
Um, no she was too powerful for Twi-clone to instantly over-power or stomp. Chrysalis; despite blatantly losing, was at least strong enough to keep the beam of the clone from hitting her and hold it back long enough for the tree to grab the clone. The clone was winning with mid difficulty at least. She scales to the Twilight clone. It's because she was losing that she gets an "at most" rating, which means she scales to less than 1/6th of 4-C but still Low 4-C.

Doesn't change the fact that she staggered them with high difficulty. No one who's weaker than Starswirl is doing that.

You know, I'm sure the writers think most of the top tiers are wall level to building level in general. Doesn't stop us from giving them tier 4 anyways.

Come to think of it, the above argument doesn't even change anything. It doesn't matter if they were portrayed as tier 4 or 9. Starswirl still did absolutely nothing to Tirek whereas Rarity completely staggered him, Cozy, and Chrysalis. The powerscaling is screwed up regardless of the tier.

Lightbuster30 said:
Um, no she was too powerful for Twi-clone to instantly over-power or stomp. Chrysalis; despite blatantly losing, was at least strong enough to keep the beam of the clone from hitting her and hold it back long enough for the tree to grab the clone. The clone was winning with mid difficulty at least. She scales to the Twilight clone. It's because she was losing that she gets an "at most" rating, which means she scales to less than 1/6th of 4-C but still Low 4-C.
Sure. I think Twilight was a pretty good amount strongr than her, but anyways, my second point still stands.

Lightbuster30 said:
Doesn't change the fact that she staggered them with high difficulty. No one who's weaker than Starswirl is doing that.

You know, I'm sure the writers think most of the top tiers are wall level to building level in general. Doesn't stop us from giving them tier 4 anyways.

Come to think of it, the above argument doesn't even change anything. It doesn't matter if they were portrayed as tier 4 or 9. Starswirl still did absolutely nothing to Tirek whereas Rarity completely staggered him, Cozy, and Chrysalis. The powerscaling is screwed up regardless of the tier.
But she used a BIG ROCK. (it's a joke, but I actually think that's what the staff thought when doing that scene)

All of her best feats happen with the bell. If you're talking about powering up Tirek, he scales to her not the other way around. It's also not as impressive anymore since he was apparently on the verge of his third form anyways.

GokuSparkle said:
Um...I'm talking about Twilight showing all her greatest feats in season 9.
The problem is: So do everyone else. All of the lower tiered characters take full powered blasts from the villains and come out fine, even knocking them back on occaison and momentarily matching said blasts, yet Starswirl and his group didn't stand a chance or do anything notable against them. That's my issue here. It feels like PIS that they got beaten so badly when compared to literally anyone else.

What's more, Tirek didn't grow at all after absorbing all their strength and magic. It should have been enough to power him into his final form (not final key, but final form), making his sleeves rip and causing him to grow a mowhawk.

Ok, in the season finale, everyone pretty much showed their best feats, but I mean even before that. I'm mostly referring to the premier, where Twilight fought Sombra. Taking the premier or finale on their own, you could call it an outlier, but with both supporting Twilight's growth in strength, I think it's pretty safe to assume that she's in the same tier as Celestia, if still weaker. Though to be perfectly honest, I'm not completely sure about that. After all, Twilight blocked Cozy's blast, while the other two didn't even attempt to, merely bracing themselves for impact. Also, the others just momentarily held back the villains. Twilight actually fought decently well against them. So it might not be PIS with her, considering her feats were different from everyone else's.

She shielded an attack from Cozy, tanked a direct blast with no external injuries, knocked a tooth from Tirek, blocked an attack from all 3 villains with extreme difficulty, and probably did a few other things I don't remember. The common thing about all of these are that they put her at around their level, while all the other could only very temporarily do anything comparable to them.

PIS is when the characters act dumb because it benefits the plot (ex, not using one of their abilities despite having a clear chance to use it when it would make victory easy). Powerscaling issues are outliers. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people confuse the two.

Anyway, in my opinion, an outlier always occurs when the powerscaling makes no sense. I don't care how often a character is shown to be able to fight beings who should be vastly superior to them. No matter how many times they defeat such beings, if powerscaling says they shouldn't be able to do that, I consider it an outlier. I am a very "mathematician" kind of guy when it comes to powerscaling. I always go by the numbers regardless of what's actually shown. For example, I consider Dragon Ball Super to be filled with outliers simply because the powerscaling makes no sense. So, how often Twilight can contend with certain beings is kinda irrelevant. It only matters if it makes sense. If she appears to have gotten way stronger, the power increase needs to be explained and made believable for me to not consider it an outlier. For example, deflecting Sombra's blasts before she was able to use the power of friendship to destroy him is something I consider an outlier. I don't believe you can convince me otherwise since the characters kept saying she stood no chance in a direct fight.

Not sure if this changes/adds anything but in the script it does say Celestia and Lunas 2 in 1 laser beam thing would have absolutely defeated Cozy Glow if she didn't have the bell

Drunkfrank said:
Not sure if this changes/adds anything but in the script it does say Celestia and Lunas 2 in 1 laser beam thing would have absolutely defeated Cozy Glow if she didn't have the bell
Firstly where in the script? Secondly: Sombra got absolutely defeated by it too. That doesn't really disprove my point that they considered her powerful enough to combine their beams like Sombra. If Sombra had tanked it (which he absolutely didn't) this would have a point.

PIS is when the characters act dumb because it benefits the plot (ex, not using one of their abilities despite having a clear chance to use it when it would make victory easy). Powerscaling issues are outliers. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people confuse the two.
Anyway, in my opinion, an outlier always occurs when the powerscaling makes no sense. I don't care how often a character is shown to be able to fight beings who should be vastly superior to them. No matter how many times they defeat such beings, if powerscaling says they shouldn't be able to do that, I consider it an outlier. I am a very "mathematician" kind of guy when it comes to powerscaling. I always go by the numbers regardless of what's actually shown. For example, I consider Dragon Ball Super to be filled with outliers simply because the powerscaling makes no sense. So, how often Twilight can contend with certain beings is kinda irrelevant. It only matters if it makes sense. If she appears to have gotten way stronger, the power increase needs to be explained and made believable for me to not consider it an outlier. For example, deflecting Sombra's blasts before she was able to use the power of friendship to destroy him is something I consider an outlier. I don't believe you can convince me otherwise since the characters kept saying she stood no chance in a direct fight.
But feats are very important. You can't just write them off because you think they mess up the powerscaling. Especially when they're in such abundance. Also, it does make sense for Twilight to be Celestia tier, as she's ascending to the throne, and it's been many years since she became a Low 4-C. It's logical to assume that she's gotten stronger since season 4. She's actually been shown training before, so that solidifies my point even further.

GokuSparkle said:
...Anyway, in my opinion, an outlier always occurs when the powerscaling makes no sense. I don't care how often a character is shown to be able to fight beings who should be vastly superior to them. No matter how many times they defeat such beings, if powerscaling says they shouldn't be able to do that, I consider it an outlier. I am a very "mathematician" kind of guy when it comes to powerscaling. I always go by the numbers regardless of what's actually shown. For example, I consider Dragon Ball Super to be filled with outliers simply because the powerscaling makes no sense. So, how often Twilight can contend with certain beings is kinda irrelevant. It only matters if it makes sense. If she appears to have gotten way stronger, the power increase needs to be explained and made believable for me to not consider it an outlier. For example, deflecting Sombra's blasts before she was able to use the power of friendship to destroy him is something I consider an outlier. I don't believe you can convince me otherwise since the characters kept saying she stood no chance in a direct fight.
If the character shows feats in which contradiict powerscaling, then that's proof that the powerscaling needs to be revised in order to be more flexible and allow the feats to be recognized. There's not a necessity to call that presented feat an outlier as long as you can justify and change the powerscaling for that.

Lightbuster30 said:
Drunkfrank said:
Firstly where in the script? Secondly: Sombra got absolutely defeated by it too. That doesn't really disprove my point that they considered her powerful enough to combine their beams like Sombra. If Sombra had tanked it (which he absolutely didn't) this would have a point.
If you want to read the leaked scripts you have to hunt down a link for them yourself.

Point being it shows that the two sisters were definitely more powerful than Cozy Glow was when she attacked the throne room, at least together.

Wasn't Starlight shown relative to current Twilight still, or at least strong enough to hold back amped Chrysalis and tank a direct blow from Tirek ? If so shouldn't she be affected ?

I don't know if she's comparable anymore. She mostly used smarts to hold back Chrysalis. Also, when did she tank a direct blast from Tirek?

All variants of the Elements, the Pony of Shadows, Full Power Tirek, Bell powered Pinkie, and the EQG characters who scale above the EQG 1 elements should get At least 4-C, likely High 4-C, possibly far higher due to scaling above Discord. Does everyone agree?

Back