• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers) [Part 2]

CinnabarManx421 said:
Okay... haven't checked on this Thread for like a day and there's a million responses now. I'm guessing 3-A is going out the window then? That's a shame.
No clue. But on the bright side I've upgraded all the tier 4s to Massively FTL+.

ÆONS said:
Lightbuster30 said:
...Starlight's banishment spell and yet he couldn't.
Starlight is 3-A.
It's called supporting evidence. And no. If 3-A Discord goes through (not sure) and if the princesses get scaling, it'd be 3-B since Discord would be baseline and is estimated to be anywhere from 2-3x stronger than them.

Lightbuster30 said:
ÆONS said:
Lightbuster30 said:
...Starlight's banishment spell and yet he couldn't.
Starlight is 3-A.
It's called supporting evidence. And no. If 3-A Discord goes through (not sure) and if the princesses get scaling, it'd be 3-B since Discord would be baseline and is estimated to be anywhere from 2-3x stronger than them.
I was joking xdd.

Anyways, are we gonna make a MLP section dedicated to the comics on the wiki? I have been wondering about that for a while.

ÆONS said:
I was joking xdd.
My mistake. I have a difficult time reading jokes online.

Anyways, are we gonna make a MLP section dedicated to the comics on the wiki? I have been wondering about that for a while.
I reiterate my hatred of this idea since the last two times it got brought up.

I think it's better as "High 4-C, higher with the Elements of Harmony" for both Celestia and Luna since they defeated Discord with them.

Lightbuster30 said:
No clue. But on the bright side I've upgraded all the tier 4s to Massively FTL+.
Wow. I had no clue that was happening. Seems rather sudden. I'm a little iffy on some of the characters scaling to something done by the magic of all 4 alicorns, but the feat itself seems fine.

The Storm King was playing with the Sun like it were a child's toy. Moving the Sun for him is literally: I can do this by accident levels of ease (He found out by sheer accident and literally wasn't even trying to move the Sun). This is easily his bare minimum speed for Sun moving.

Next you have Tempest Shadow dodging his blasts after they've been fired (With the first beam, we can clearly that Tempest can see the beam travelling mid motion judging by her facial expression and the fact that the beam was already fired mere frames ago). She dodges approximately three times in short succession (through frame by frame watching, I have determined The Storm King can charge and fire a beam in around 0.08 seconds).

Then after that we see that her beam is comparable to The Storm King's in speed (her beam is shorter in length than the Storm King's which indicates she fired hers after he fired his and was fast enough)

Finally you have Starswirl beam clashing with the Pony of Shadows in a flashback, and like Tempest, he fires his beam after the Pony of Shadows fires his. The Pony of Shadows should at least be comparable to The Storm King given he is stronger than the guy. Occam's Razor assumes he has similar beam speed. There's nothing suggeesting otherwise.

I suppose those who scale to 4-C? I feel we should make it something like '4-C, likely High 4-C' or something like that since the 4-C justifications are still pretty reliable. I guess for Discord it'd be something like '4-C, likely High 4-C, possibly far higher'. There's so much to keep track it's a little difficult to put this stuff into furition really.

The High 4-C that people already have will be replaced with an at likely at least rating to acknowledge the likely High 4-C from previous characters in the scaling chain.

It's okay but remember the staff agreed with both pure " High 4C " and "4C, possibly High 4C".. So I would recommend doing just pure High 4C then if someone has a problem we discuss it here. But I'm okay with either option.

If we allow others to scale anyone who legitimately scales > Discord ( I E: Those scaling to or above the Elements ) would be affected. No one else unfortunately.

Because I was told that the staff agreed on at least Star level, possibly large star level and if the staff agree with it, then I may as well.

Lightbuster30 said:
Someone else can handle that. Holy crap this is a huge chore.
I know the feeling, just did a whole revision upgrade spree over A Hat in Time last week. Apologies for making you do it, you just seem to be the most devoted out of us all.

Firestorm808 said:
I know about the High 4-C stuff.
I'm referring to the new speed scalings.
Because me, Ant, Darkdragon, AKM Sama, and Skalt came to an agreement on applying the speed ratings. We had an entire thread about it. Took days to get staff approval since no one I asked would comment.

I did say and everyone agreed that it should have only applied to combat speed and reactions rather than flight speed; but the profiles now implied they're that fast in all categories since it doesn't say "Combat speed" after the ratings. But that probably could be easily fixed.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I did tell Lightbuster that it should have only applied to combat speed and reactions rather than flight speed; but the profiles now implied they're that fast in all categories since it doesn't say "Combat speed" after the ratings.
My bad, I forgot to add the combat speed part. Sorry.

I feel like those who scale to Alicorn Twilight should be upgraded. So all the low 4-Cs. They are probably weaker than Celestia, but they shouldn't be dozens of times weaker or anything. Especially Twilight, considering all of her feats in season 9. Actually, I think having a 4-C/High 4-C season 9 key doesn't sound like a bad idea. She fought Sombra, hurt Tirek, casually shielded an attack from Cozy, temporarily held back a blast from the whole trio, and to top it all off, there's even evidence that she's gotten stronger. This is in the fact that she showed more impressive feats than Starswirl in the finale, despite being stated as slightly weaker in the season 7 finale.

GokuSparkle said:
...casually shielded an attack from Cozy...
Casual
This looks casual to you?

Though then again she did block the attack nonetheless, albeit with difficulty.

Back