• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see villain involvement. We haven't had anywhere near enough Grogar. Maybe Generation 5 will give us more villain stuff.

Did we ever talk about the Relativistic+ to low FTL feat from one of the leaked episodes? Ponies sending their beama of magic to the Moon or something?

I found the complete episode 24 and 25. Haven't watched it yet though. I'll probably just wait for the Australia release of the episodes if I can handle not looking at spoilers.

Since the last few episodes are the last in the show itself, I think we should wait til the official American/Canadian releases to really discuss them. Before when it was just misc episodes I think it was fine, but this is a bit more special...

Anyway if you guys want, I can try to do a more formal calc of the moon feat. Since I'm pretty sure Luna/Twily didn't move the moon yet, I would assume it's standard distance from the Earth. Using VLCs frame system, I can count the specific frames it took.

I saw too much spoilers so I just said screw it and watched episodes 22-26. And wow seems like the scaling is completely different from what we originally thought we're probably gonna need to make another CRT once it airs on Discovery Family. Also seems like quite a few ships became canon.

Peter1129 said:
I saw too much spoilers so I just said screw it and watched episodes 22-26. And wow seems like the scaling is completely different from what we originally thought we're probably gonna need to make another CRT once it airs on Discovery Family. Also seems like quite a few ships became canon.
While spoiling as little as possible (I've seen the screenshots) got any thoughts on what happened in 24-25? Something particularly big that happened?

Well two characters that are currently tier 6 on the site working together managed to temporarily push back a tier 4 not sure if that's an outlier. A Low 4-C hurt a 4-C who no sold attacks from another Low 4-C. Also Grogar's bell is hella durable and powerful.

Peter1129 said:
Well two characters that are currently tier 6 on the site working together managed to temporarily push back a tier 4 not sure if that's an outlier. A Low 4-C hurt a 4-C who no sold attacks from another Low 4-C. Also Grogar's bell is hella durable and powerful.
Well I meant in terms of story and the big plot twist in the 24th and 25th episodes. We can work out the scaling another time.

Oh well the twist at the beginning of episode 24 was definitely something that I didn't see coming. And I didn't really know what they were saying but I liked how it went all Endgame on us with everybody in episode 25. I'll probably rewatch it in English later.

Peter1129 said:
Oh well the twist at the beginning of episode 24 was definitely something that I didn't see coming. And I didn't really know what they were saying but I liked how it went all Endgame on us with everybody in episode 25. I'll probably rewatch it in English later.
Any thoughts on the characters involved with the twist? Seems to be a lot talk about it.

Well I didn't really understand what they were saying and I can't really talk anymore about the characters without spoiling something. So yeah I think we should probably talk after the English version comes out.

You're either gonna hate it or love it. And trust me, this one is pretty controversial. I enjoyed it myself but I have to admit I can see where the controversy comes from. Like I said: You'll either love or hate it.

I hate what they did to someone in those last episodes. Hopefully Jim or Megan can clarify whether or not it's necessarily permanent. If so, I would put this text in an image of them showing their final fate:

"Here lies a child, cut down in their youth without a second chance. Their soul and those of their family cry out for vengeance".

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
I hate what they did to someone in those last episodes. Hopefully Jim or Megan can clarify whether or not it's necessarily permanent. If so, I would put this text in an image of them showing their final fate:
"Here lies a child, cut down in their youth without a second chance. Their soul and those of their family cry out for vengeance".

I am annoyed that she was SPOILER:

Turned to stone with no implication that she will EVER be let out. My only hope is that Jim or Megan Mccarthy can confirm somewhere that she will not necessarily stay like that forever.

You are aware the stuff she did was heinous right? Being a child doesn't negate that (Especially given how smart she is for her age)

Also why didn't you include Chrysalis and Tirek too? They too did almost the same thing as Cozy yet she's the only one that can get reformed apparently

I feel like a lot of people in this fandom kind of can't separate their own head-canon and fanon with what actually happened in the series, the context it happened in, and complain when the show doesn't align with their beliefs. The reaction to that certain character is a perfect example of it. She was just plain evil, no ifs, ands or buts. Not everyone is secretly an angel on the inside, some folk are just plain bad and I'm glad the writers drew a line on just who can be and cannot be truly redeemed within its continuity.

I said this in another thread I'm happy Cozy, Tirek, and Chrysalis were not redeemed. Even I was getting a bit annoyed by how many reformed characters there were. But unlike the rest they've never been portrayed as sympathetic or remorseful for anything they've done and didn't regret any of the bad stuff they did so this is fine with me.

Garble's redemption broke me.

I mean yeah he was a racist prick who tried to murder a few baby Phoenixes who were shown to be incredibly intelligent and empathetic beings, but at least he liked poetry.

I did like Dr. Cal and Ahuizotl's redemption's though, they were fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back