• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not downplaying anything she did, and she didn't have to be redeemed, but they could have at least said she wouldn't stay in stone forever. If they had made it clear it wouldn't be permanent at least for her, there wouldn't be so many people complaining about it. I always wanted her to at most get locked up again but have it made clear it wouldn't be forever (the primary reason so many were mad about the s8 finale was that there was no indication she would ever be let out of Tartarus. A line or two could have seriously reduced the fan outcry. I hoped they would learn from the fact that they didn't do that. Nope, they did it again and actually made it worse). If Jim and/or Megan don't address this properly, there is going to be such an outcry, and they will only have themselves to blame. Why can't people learn that most people don't like to see children get the same punishment as adults? Why else would there be so much contempt for whenever a minor is tried as an adult?

Equestria ain't the same as real life

And also, Cozy Glow is dangerous as **** even as a normal pegasus cause she's very, very good at convincing, she's not easily contained.

All of them being petrified makes sense cause they can't break or talk their way out of it

It's ok, it's partly my fault for not naming who I was responding to in the first place

Hell no. She got what she deserved. All of them did.

I strongly disagree. As soon as the episodes officially air in America, my mother and I are going to go online and try to contact the showrunners and ask them if the viewers are supposed to assume she will stay like that forever or if Twilight is more likely to have Luster Dawn reform her one day like with Discord or something. If they ignore our questions or confirm that we are supposed to assume she will stay like that forever, I'm gonna fall into depression just like I did after the Sly 4 ending. NO child should EVER be turned to stone forever, no matter what they've done. I don't care if they've cannibalized their own parents. You don't turn them to stone forever. Remember what Discord said? People turned to stone the way he was are still conscious the whole time. Can you imagine being immobilized and left like that for all eternity? Not a thousand years, not a million years, eternally? That's a fate worse than death. I would be fine with it provided there was an indication it wouldn't be forever for her, but there is not even the slightest hint she will ever be let out. Please Jim and Megan, you are my last hope. And no, it isn't something you can fix with fanworks, since I know they are not canon, I can't use them to make myself feel better.

Cozy Glow, with the help of other bad guys, literally turned an entire kingdom against itself by spreading rumors and lies. That's dangerous, really dangerous, and she showed no signs of getting better. If she were to continue to do her thing, only god knows what she would be able to do.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
I strongly disagree. NO child should EVER be turned to stone forever, no matter what they've done. I don't care if they've cannibalized their own parents. You don't turn them to stone forever. Remember what Discord said? People turned to stone the way he was are still conscious the whole time. Can you imagine being immobilized and left like that for all eternity?
Ironically, I strongly disagree with your disagreement.

I wouldn't mind it happening to those two bastards who lured and murdered a toddler. No, I don't give a **** how old you are. There are lines that you do not cross.

WFT man? Can you not twist things like that? This is the same shit that set me off in the last thread. Holy hell. The spell used on Discord was a stone-sleep spell. That means it turns you to stone and knocks you unconscious. The only reason it didn't work on Discord is probably because of his chaotic nature making him defy logic to some degree. Whatever the case, petrifaction in MLP usually knocks you out via sleep inducement. Discord remaining conscious the entire time makes him the exception, not the rule.

She wouldn't be allowed to "continue to do her thing". I said I would be fine with her being imprisoned or something as long as there was some indication it wouldn't be forever. Keep her like that for a while and than let her out and do what was done with Discord.

DoggoRoboto said:
Cozy Glow, with the help of other bad guys, literally turned an entire kingdom against itself by spreading rumors and lies. That's dangerous, really dangerous, and she showed no signs of getting better. If she were to continue to do her thing, only god knows what she would be able to do.
Worse is that they nearly destroyed it via breaking it so badly that they summoned the Windigos. You know? Same shit that destroyed their last country?

Oh, not to mention that fact that she was clearly ok with the idea of murdering/maiming the calvary that showed up at the end of the finale. Did you know she deliberatley sent non-flying ponies in the clouds to what was potentially their deaths? Did you know she potentially caused off-screen deaths?

Lightbuster30 said:
I wouldn't mind it happening to those two bastards who lured and murdered a toddler.
Context please? Not to debunk your argument or anything I just want to know.

Context please? Not to debunk your argument or anything I just want to know.

I think he means Thompson and venables. Not a good argument since they were eventually let out.

This is a cartoon for little girls, I would not expect for anyone to have successfully caused any deaths, offscreen or not. Furthermore, even if she dis, that would have been indirect collateral damage as opposed to cold blooded and intentional. Anyway, we gave Mary Bell, a little girl who actually killed a person, a second chance, why can't the people in a show for little girls give another child a second chance?

Yes, I know she did intend to kill the heroes in the season 9 three part finale, but that's what villains do. They're, you know, villains. Nothing uniquely heinous about it.

Not wanting to clog up the original thread, I wonder how many good shots and stuff of space and the cosmology of MLP we have by now.

And a ton more stuff in the IDW comics.

EDIT: Side note, god it's hard to find footage of Tales online that isn't crappy react videos.

No clue. It's basically just a toy ad, but who knows.

With the show over, theirs really no way for the show to really reference it to confirm so...welp.

DoggoRoboto said:
No clue. It's basically just a toy ad, but who knows.
With the show over, theirs really no way for the show to really reference it to confirm so...welp.
It came from Hasbro's official channel so maybe? Screw it. I'm calcing the thing.

Time to keep my promises. I am not used to calcs that involve making circles around planets so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/dBYTqzn.jpg

Screen is 241 px and the planet is presumably 505 px.

2atan(tan(70deg/2)*[505/241]) = 1.94511857 rads or 111.447085 degrees.

Diameter of Earth is 12756200 meters.

Plugging in here http://www.1728.org/angsize.htm

4347000 meters

She jumps at 1:33 and appears at 1:36 so 3 seconds? The screenshot says 1:37, but she appeared on screen at 1:36.

4347000 / 3 = 1449000 m/s or mach 4224.4898

Not too impressive since she scales to FTL but whatever. Maybe I could get kinetic energy from it?

Should we start on IDW articles now that the show is finished, or should we wait til the post-show comics start coming out?

I guess I should ahead and calc the feat where Rainbow Dash dispels a storm over Ponyville, unless we scale her Rainboom feat in comics too.

I have most of the comics owned in decent quality so if you need scans, just ask.

I started working on an article for Spike, though I don't know what to rate his normal form.

Well now that MLP is 4-B again, all I try to strive for now is 4-A (I doubt there are any feats that'd support this but a man can dream.)

If normal MLP was 4-A, I'd do Kirby VS. Twilight. (I think it might be somewhat fair now since Twilight has some pretty good hax but Kirby likely still stomps with AP.)

One could actually argue IDW Alicorns to be High 3-A to Low 2-C.

Celestia and Luna have infinite power for Destruction and it was said that Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have the power to break worlds. Worth mentioning that this same story uses the word "world" to reffer to entire alternate dimensions (1, 2, 3), and that it was said that they could overun every reality, leaving them empty and corrupted.

Nightmare Moon was also said to be able to devour the light of the world and Discord can destroy the very fabric of the world.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
One could actually argue IDW Alicorns to be High 3-A to Low 2-C.
Celestia and Luna have infinite power for Destruction and it was said that Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have the power to break worlds. Worth mentioning that this same story uses the word "world" to reffer to entire alternate dimensions (1, 2, 3), and that it was said that they could overun every reality, leaving them empty and corrupted.

Nightmare Moon was also said to be able to devour the light of the world and Discord can destroy the very fabric of the world.
I'm pretty sure that was the Pony of Shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back