• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: WHM's Howitzer Impact Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
A small MHA CRT that could go forward, nowhere, and who knows maybe it'll go backwards. The first MHA CRT of 2023.

I redid my calculation of Bakugo's Howitzer Impact in World Heroes' Mission, as I felt like my previous scans used to measure the pillar were low quality. The scans being used in the first calc were from a far away shot that had the people next the pillar which were nothing more than a line of color a few pixels tall. There wasn't much detail to them and wouldn't be surprised if they weren't to scale.

However at that time it was the best I could do, since it was difficult for me to get screenshots of World Heroes' Mission at that time. Recently I noticed the pillars looked much bigger when Bakugo was fighting against Serpenters. These were far more detailed shots and it was clear to me that those pillars were meant to be a lot bigger than what I had measured.

As such I measured the size of them from when they were jumping around the pillar, which is basically the closest and most detailed shot of the pillar I found in the movie.

This thread is to discuss which version of my calculation is more accurate, and how/if the profiles that scale to this will be changed.

The new rating for Bakugo's Howitzer Impact in the new calc is 1.66 Megatons of TNT, Low 7-B. This scales to his Cluster explosions in his Final Act Saga key as well.

Bakugo's durability for the new calc is 105.70 Kilotons of TNT, High 7-C.

This scales to Serpenters, Beros, 10% to 30% Izuku, Flect Turn, Restrained Nine's Shield, and Chisaki's spikes.

Last edited:
Unfortunate we can’t put 30% at baseline High 7-C+ from being > 20% > 15% > 10%=105kT, but we take what we can. Deku can finally amp to 20% and keep a match fair.
means mans got so many more match options now

wait the entire explosion consumed bakugou while he was at the epicenter he should be baseline Low 7-B (I'm joking here)

means mans got so many more match options now

wait the entire explosion consumed bakugou while he was at the epicenter he should be baseline Low 7-B (I'm joking here)
Grins evilly at Will Stronghold

Also tbf the director of the movie said that Bakugo absorbed the explosion physically so

Funny enough that is what is shown before it explodes, the explosion starts but suddenly shrinks before expanding again. So he does indeed condense it. I'm not really alright with Bakugo just directly scaling to his strongest blast and have every other blast also scale as well. Obviously he needs to scale below it to some extent.

Also the translation could be iffy here, the guy himself admits it could be messy.

Physically absorbing the explosion sounds weird as well, Bakugo's never been able to absorb his blast. I think this could be implying Bakugo physically condensed the blast before it exploded, or he did his weird condensed sweat thing he can do? Like this is a proto showing of his Cluster.

I think High 7-C rating is better overall. He obviously didn't absorb it all since it exploded out and his condensing doesn't really rely on him taking the explosions. I feel like there maybe a case, but it's too unknown for my liking about how exactly this works beyond him just condensing the blast.

@Therefir

What do you think about this stuff? Safer to just have him be High 7-C or do you think some downscaling from his Howitzer would be possible?

Also forgot to mention.

Serpenters were not hit in point blank range from his Howitzer, which would be Bakugo placing his palms on their face. We never saw that when he launched the attack. Considering they were still knocked out despite not being hit by the full blast, I think the High 7-C rating is overall safer for Bakugo and them to scale to.

Also considering there is two of them, it's physically impossible for them both to take the full brunt of the explosion. The most they could take even with his hands on their face would be half of the explosion, which would be High 7-C+. And both were equally knocked out.

Also considering there is two of them, it's physically impossible for them both to take the full brunt of the explosion. The most they could take even with his hands on their face would be half of the explosion, which would be High 7-C+. And both were equally knocked out.
Honestly it's fun for me either way

Either way I get more matches

@Therefir

What do you think about this stuff? Safer to just have him be High 7-C or do you think some downscaling from his Howitzer would be possible?
I don't think the tweet was referring to Bakugo's durability when it says he "absorbed" the explosion, but rather the mechanic of condensing his blasts to deliver a more powerful attack.

Howitzer Impact is his ultimate technique, far above even his "strongest explosions", so it's better not to downscale him from it.

Not to mention I doubt the Serpenters took the full power of the attack, yet they were still knocked out by it.

NVM that, I'm a little dumb. If anyone saw that post, please ignore it.

Also I don't really care about having At least on anything, since it doesn't really mean much.

This tier of characters don't have many feats or anti-feats AFAIK so there shouldn't be any problems with it. Maybe tag Damage just to be sure.

Oh wow, just woke up to this.

I've messaged CloverDragon about this thread already, since they also evaluated the old Howitzer calc. Currently they cannot take a look yet due to personal life stuff, I was waiting until we got their evaluation until moving along. If everyone believes we already have enough I guess it's fine.

This tier of characters don't have many feats or anti-feats AFAIK so there shouldn't be any problems with it. Maybe tag Damage just to be sure.
Last thing I hear from Damage is that he was taking a break 🤔
If everyone believes we already have enough I guess it's fine.
Since it's just a measurement fix it shouldn't require much scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back