• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA: World Heroes' Mission and Team Up Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Another MHA CRT, once again involving World Heroes' Mission. Though we also have information from the Team Up Mission Manga.

World Heroes Mission

First off, another new calc that gives an upgrade to the current High 7-C characters.

418.88 Kilotons and Mach 22.87.

This scales to Serpenters, Beros, and 10% to 15% Izuku.

It's suggested that 15% Izuku upscales to High Hypersonic (Mach 25) and Large Town level+ (550 Kilotons), for being superior to 10% (Mach 22.87).

Agree or disagree?

Base Izuku's durability from Endeavor Agency and above should be High 7-C. As he was able to withstand the recoil and reflected energy from his 10%. When attempting to find a way past Flect's Quirk, Izuku turns off his 10% Full Cowl at the moment of impact. Meaning he took that recoil in his base.

And then Flect returns that 10% energy back to him. Base Izuku is inferior to 10%, but should still be High 7-C.

Team-Up Mission Scaling

The Team-Up Mission manga introduces some interesting scaling that I was unaware of until recently.

First off, this scaling shows that Suneater should be upgraded to 8-A (113.17 Tons).

Here Fat Gum is attacked by multiple villains, their attacks pushes him far back and he notes that he absorbed a lot of shock just now. Even a barrage of Rappa's attack's didn't send him flying that far back, so this combo attack was powerful. And to further prove this point, Fat Gum hits them with his Spear attack.

Which uses up all of his fat. So these villains are 8-A via scaling to Fat Gum. And Suneater is shown to be capable of hurting them.

Moving on to another point. 20% Izuku being Low 7-B via scaling to Bakugo's Howitzer Impact (1.66 Megatons).

This would scale to Flect Turn, Restrained Nine's Shield, Chisaki's spikes, 30% Izuku, and Final Act Saga Bakugo.

In Team-Up Mission Chapter 2, where Izuku and Bakugo are working with Hawks. They take out a speed villain with a St. Louis Smash and Howitzer Impact respectively. The villain is shown to be conscious as he's being arrested in the next panel.

So Izuku can injure a man who can withstand Bakugo's Howitzer Impact, which is Low 7-B.

This does indeed take place after/during the Endeavor Agency Arc, as Hawks and Izuku first met in the Endeavor Agency. So that attack would be Low 7-B.

Another moment in Chapter 3.2, where Bakugo uses a Howitzer Impact on a giant villain but doesn't defeat him. Todoroki freezes him in place and Izuku lands the knockout blow to his face, showing once again that he can harm someone who withstood Bakugo's Howitzer Impact.

While Izuku doesn't say his percentage, we know 20% is his strongest state before he starts harming himself. 10% Izuku is comparable to Bakugo, who is inferior to his Howitzer Impact as it's his strongest attack. So this has to be either 15% or 20%, and I think assuming 20% is a better option than 15%.

Though 15% still downscale from 20% and upscale from 10%. Which is further reasoning for the High 7-C+ rating.

Edit: Should be mentioned that Team-Up Mission is indeed a canon spin off, and is fully supervised by Horikoshi.

Here is a sandbox that shows all of the scaling.

Attack Potency
Speed

Last edited:
I agree with High Hypersonic 15% and everything else.

Idk about High 7-C+ 15% though, I feel that should be 20%. The difference in power is more notable there and I know how people get about upscaling around here already.

I agree with High Hypersonic 15% and everything else.

Idk about High 7-C+ 15% though, I feel that should be 20%. The difference in power is more notable there and I know how people get about upscaling around here already.
If we're doing Low 7-B 20% then it makes sense for 15% to be High 7-C+

If 20% is Low 7-B, I think 15% being High 7-C+ via the showing against Flect in their battle.

However I don't mind if people think 15% should just be higher than 418 KT instead of High 7-C+.

I'll go with what everyone agrees with. Pretty neutral about it.
Same here, neither option really excites me more logic brain says upscaling is stupid but monkey brain want bigger numbers

Brain turned off and I forgot 20% is becoming Low 7-B.

I’m fine with 15% being that high then since it was affecting Flect more than 10% was.

Overall neutral on it though. Everything else is fine.

If everyone is basically neutral on AP, I'll just make it the normal higher than 418 KT for safety. Not like it'd be much of a difference anyway.

Just for the record, is the Team-Up Mission manga confirmed to be canon? It isn't written by Horikoshi after all.

Just for the record, is the Team-Up Mission manga confirmed to be canon? It isn't written by Horikoshi after all.
It’s written by basically his co-writer/assistant Yoco Akiyama, who has been around in the series since the start. He also seems to give his blessing for it several times and definitely is supervising it

Also the Team-Up Mission volume releases also rereleased some special one shot chapters that are without a doubt canon, under the Team-Up Mission brand.

Such as Melissa backstory from when she met All Might for the first time. And when Bakugo and Izuku unknowingly encountered Nine in middle school.

@Mapl3Sy4up

No, only 20% Izuku was shown to grapple with him. Pushing him back with a kick while he wasn't expecting to be affected isn't a feat for LS.

Also the Team-Up Mission volume releases also rereleased some special one shot chapters that are without a doubt canon, under the Team-Up Mission brand.

Such as Melissa backstory from when she met All Might for the first time. And when Bakugo and Izuku unknowingly encountered Nine in middle school.
Excuse me
@Mapl3Sy4up

No, only 20% Izuku was shown to grapple with him. Pushing him back with a kick while he wasn't expecting to be affected isn't a feat for LS.
Ok

Okay.... I am sorry that this is nothing more than my disbelief but I cannot understand that we're equating this attack from Bakugo to this attack for Bakugo, when the only reason the latter is so powerful is because it is an explosion over five kilometers in diameter and the attack Bakugo used against this random villain doesn't even resemble a normal Howitzer Impact.

We're saying they're the same potency because the two attacks are both named "Howitzer Impact"... even though there is nothing else actually suggesting they're remotely the same in terms of power.

Do Bakugo's explosions get more powerful the larger they are, or not? Because going by the manga alone, it's pretty clearly consistent to me that the bigger his explosions, the more powerful they are until he unlocks his Cluster technique.

And people are perfectly content to accept size = power when it comes to the actually massive explosions like this 5.5 km wide explosion. Huge explosion = huge power? Not a problem!

But this small-ass explosion that doesn't even destroy the corridor they're in.... that's just as strong! No problems there!

This isn't Dragon Ball where Bakugo can hold back on the amount of Ki he's putting into this... Bakugo has never been suggested to minimize the size of this explosions while keeping the same potency.

I'm sorry, but this will never make sense to me. I don't think it's a hypocrisy specifically tied to anyone here in this thread, but probably with the wiki as a whole, but this is downright selective and it's only ever done to give characters upgrades. You never judge the potency of his attacks when they're small like this... but if theyr'e huge and impressive, then it's perfectly acceptable to assume their size = their power.

Why can't we look at these things with a bit more context? Is it really too unreasonable to assume that Bakugo could be holding back on the power on his explosion here, and producing a less powerful blast than the one that oblitered an entie cliffside base?

I can totally understand others having a different perspective on this... but does anyone else get where I'm coming from at all with this?

While I understand your opinion, I would like to know why would he "hold back" by using his ultimate attack? And why do you bring the AOE of the explosion when this wiki clearly abides by different rules?

The Sports Festival should have made it clear that Bakugo isn't the kind of person that would hold back immensely, or would use techniques that aren't really necessary for the situation.

This is the same thing you mentioned when you wanted to make Bakugo "9-B to High 8-C with Explosion" even though that's clearly not how his explosions are portrayed throughout the story, regardless of their size.

And I would like to mention that Bakugo makes it clear when he is using a weaker version of his techniques.

While I understand your opinion, I would like to know why would he "hold back" by using his ultimate attack?
I'd consider it nonsensical PIS being written by a different author to Horikoshi.

And why do you bring the AOE of the explosion when this wiki clearly abides by different rules?
Noted. I'm sorry for bring it up in this thread, but I felt like I had to say something just to get it out of me because it was eating me up inside.

Nobody else needs to respond to the above post if they don't want to. If I do address it fully, it'll be in its own thread.

I've seen that scan before, but nothing in it actually says that Horikoshi is fact-checking the series or working with the writer. Obviously Horikoshi is going to be aware of the spin-offs existence so a comment in the volume for it is to be expected, but nothing about him supervising the series in there.

Seeing how we were able to get these small upgrade, make me wonder what were the values for his previous Howitzer tornado, iirc there's the Sport festival, Two Heroes and Heroes Rising one. Doubt they'll be this high but who knows maybe they'll provide some interesting upgrades

Small question but shouldn’t final act base Deku also be HHS?

His former base scales to the near Mach 23 value, and even upscaling it’s a less than 1.1x gap

I can totally understand others having a different perspective on this... but does anyone else get where I'm coming from at all with this?
Yeah I totally get it.
Opticaly, it looks a little silly that size matters in calculations but not in scaling, and it even used to be a thing in the past. We know Bakugo hurts himself using more powerful, larger explosions too.
But...
I also get the AoE fallacy, and how Bakugo have been shown to use small scale explosions to harm people that can survive his large scale explosions.
Seems like the only problem is that because of TUM being technically secondary canon, there are visual discrepancies compared to what we would expect, just like the movies.

I'm personally fine with the upgrade.

Small question but shouldn’t final act base Deku also be HHS?

His former base scales to the near Mach 23 value, and even upscaling it’s a less than 1.1x gap
Base Izuku from Heroes Rising and World Heroes' Mission is just scaling to the Mach 16 value. He doesn't scale to Bakugo's feat in his base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back